PDA

View Full Version : Re: baby bath suggestions

dragonlady
July 14th 03, 10:28 PM
In article >,
"Marie" > wrote:

> lynn wrote in message ...
> >I just saw your message. Has it gotten any better?
>

> No! After getting other replies I tried making the water cooler (like pool
> water), getting in with her, nursing her in the tub, none of it helped a
> bit.
>
> >Do you have any feel for what bothers her? Does she start screaming
> >when you get her undressed? When you lift her to put her in the tub?
> >When you start using a washcloth?
>

> I am pretty sure now that it's the way the bathtub is closed in, the echo of
> it, something like that. She loves being naked, it's when I start to put her
> in the tub that she goes nuts. I'm guessing it's just the closed in part is
> what she doesn't like.

Have you tried bathing her in the kitchen sink? The accoustics would be
different.

There really is no need for full immersion baths; if your baby is
happier with sponge baths -- I'd say just use them.

meh

toto
July 15th 03, 01:48 AM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:06:12 -0400, "Marie" > wrote:

>We had a baby bathtub but she hated it too. It was hard plastic though,
>maybe an inflatable one would be more comfortable. I think for now I will
>just wipe her down with a washcloth at night and not bother trying the tub
>for a few more weeks.
>Thanks for the ideas, the inflatable tub looks nice!
>Marie

Well, my granddaughter seems to have grown out of the screaming
at bath time, so probably she will just grow out of it. I hope she
does it soon.

With my granddaughter, going in the pool with mom apparently
helped.

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits