PDA

View Full Version : she doesn't wet diaper at nights???

ted
October 2nd 03, 05:05 PM
What does it mean if the baby doesn't wet diaper much at nights? I
change her diaper before putting her to bed (9pm). I don't change her
at all until next morning. She nurses before going to bed and atleast
twice in sleep at night. We cosleep so most of the time we both are
asleep through nursing.

What does it mean if her diaper is not heavy in the mornings? Hasn't
she got anything during the night feedings? My daughter is one lazy
sucker (pun?) so I really don't know if she's getting any milk at all.
Sometimes her diaper will be very heavy in the mornings but sometimes
it's barely heavier than a new fresh diaper. Is she dehydrated and
nothing to pee during those nights? Was she starving all night?

she's 7 months old (almost) if that matters.

Thanks.

Rob & Laura
October 2nd 03, 05:24 PM
Izabella does the same and has 4 months her pedi is not really concered
about it. When she wakes at night I nurse her for 5 min (more comfort
sucking than anything else) and shes off to sleep again. I last change her
diaper at 9:30 before getting cereal and than again at 7 or so when shes up
4 good and its hardly wet either!

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

"ted" > wrote in message
m...
> What does it mean if the baby doesn't wet diaper much at nights? I
> change her diaper before putting her to bed (9pm). I don't change her
> at all until next morning. She nurses before going to bed and atleast
> twice in sleep at night. We cosleep so most of the time we both are
> asleep through nursing.
>
> What does it mean if her diaper is not heavy in the mornings? Hasn't
> she got anything during the night feedings? My daughter is one lazy
> sucker (pun?) so I really don't know if she's getting any milk at all.
> Sometimes her diaper will be very heavy in the mornings but sometimes
> it's barely heavier than a new fresh diaper. Is she dehydrated and
> nothing to pee during those nights? Was she starving all night?
>
> she's 7 months old (almost) if that matters.
>
> Thanks.

Vicki S
October 2nd 03, 07:24 PM
In article >,
(ted) wrote:

> What does it mean if the baby doesn't wet diaper much at nights?

She'll eventually be easy to "night train"? (Not wet the bed, I mean).
Seriously though, I don't think this is indicative of a problem.

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995

Phoebe & Allyson
October 3rd 03, 12:38 AM
ted wrote:

> What does it mean if the baby doesn't wet diaper much at nights?

Caterpillar definitely holds it. She'll go 3+ hours without
going, and in cloth, I can tell if she peed a little. And
then when she does pee, she'll soak the diaper front to back
all at once. So maybe your DD is doing the same thing, but
has a larger bladder.

Phoebe :)
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

hobbes
October 3rd 03, 02:12 PM
"ted" > wrote in message
m...
> What does it mean if the baby doesn't wet diaper much at nights? I
> change her diaper before putting her to bed (9pm). I don't change her
> at all until next morning. She nurses before going to bed and atleast
> twice in sleep at night. We cosleep so most of the time we both are
> asleep through nursing.
>
> What does it mean if her diaper is not heavy in the mornings? Hasn't
> she got anything during the night feedings? My daughter is one lazy
> sucker (pun?) so I really don't know if she's getting any milk at all.
> Sometimes her diaper will be very heavy in the mornings but sometimes
> it's barely heavier than a new fresh diaper. Is she dehydrated and
> nothing to pee during those nights? Was she starving all night?
>
> she's 7 months old (almost) if that matters.
>
> Thanks.

I'd just be happy you don't have to worry about nighttime leaks. They're the
worst.

My guess is that your DD really isn't drinking much at those night nursings,
but is looking for comfort or thirst-quencing instead. She has the
opportunity to eat all she wants, and at her age, I wouldn't worry at all.
She's getting exactly what she wants. This may make her easier to night-wean
down the road than some kids, since she doesn't seem to get too hungry
during the night.

Keep offering the breast when she wakes, but only worry if she seems
dissatisfied or hungry/fussy during the night. Otherwise, count yourself
fortunate.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (2 years, 7 months) & Arwen (5 months)