PDA

View Full Version : Zoloft

Mogget
October 7th 03, 10:04 PM
I give in, it's time to take antidepressants. Before I do, I just
wanted to check here that Zoloft is the best one for bf. I am in the
UK, does anyone know if it has the same name here please?

Thanks.
--
Mogget, the Churl in the Puce Greatcoat

Karen
October 8th 03, 02:23 PM
Sertraline HCI is drug name so that should help. I have been on it for two
months and I am starting to feel better. Good Luck.
Karen Ann
Mommy to:
Ashley 11-13-90
Meghan 3-10-97
Hayley "Chunky Monkey" 3-27-03

iphigenia
October 8th 03, 05:05 PM
Mogget wrote:
> I give in, it's time to take antidepressants. Before I do, I just
> wanted to check here that Zoloft is the best one for bf. I am in the
> UK, does anyone know if it has the same name here please?

Yes, and yes : )
Zoloft's the best, and that is the UK trade name for sertraline.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Mogget
October 8th 03, 09:30 PM
In message >, iphigenia
> writes
>Mogget wrote:
>> I give in, it's time to take antidepressants. Before I do, I just
>> wanted to check here that Zoloft is the best one for bf. I am in the
>> UK, does anyone know if it has the same name here please?
>
>Yes, and yes : )
>Zoloft's the best, and that is the UK trade name for sertraline.

Thanks both. Armed with my copy of Hale's, I got it prescribed without
too much argument.

I hope it helps, because I feel about at the end of my rope.
--
Mogget, the Churl in the Puce Greatcoat

iphigenia
October 9th 03, 01:06 AM
Mogget wrote:

> I hope it helps, because I feel about at the end of my rope.

[hug] I hope so, too. It's been keeping me sane for two years now : )

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net
"i have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.
i do not think that they will sing to me."

New York Jen
October 9th 03, 01:34 AM
"Mogget" > wrote in message
> In message >, iphigenia
> > writes
> >Mogget wrote:
> >> I give in, it's time to take antidepressants. Before I do, I just
> >> wanted to check here that Zoloft is the best one for bf. I am in the
> >> UK, does anyone know if it has the same name here please?
> >
> >Yes, and yes : )
> >Zoloft's the best, and that is the UK trade name for sertraline.
>
> Thanks both. Armed with my copy of Hale's, I got it prescribed without
> too much argument.
>
> I hope it helps, because I feel about at the end of my rope.
> --
> Mogget, the Churl in the Puce Greatcoat

Zoloft's the drug of choice over here too...I've been on it for the better
part of the last 7 years. Just keep in mind that it can take several weeks
to work, so don't get discouraged if you don't feel immediately better with
that first dose.

Good luck, hang in there,

Jen

Mogget
October 10th 03, 01:21 PM
In message >, New York
Jen > writes

>Zoloft's the drug of choice over here too...I've been on it for the better
>part of the last 7 years. Just keep in mind that it can take several weeks
>to work, so don't get discouraged if you don't feel immediately better with
>that first dose.
>
>Good luck, hang in there,

Thank you. It's been a long time - ten years - since I took any
antidepressants, so I feel somewhat of a failure to be giving in now.

Interesting, though. The patient info says a side effect can be an
increase in prolactin with consequent milk production. Have you, or
anyone else on Zoloft, ever noticed this?

It would be good if it was significant, as I have to take domperidone to
keep adequate production.
--
Mogget, the Churl in the Puce Greatcoat

Sara
October 11th 03, 12:47 AM
Mogget wrote:

> I hope it helps, because I feel about at the end of my rope.

It helped me tremendously with my PPD. I'm off it now -- the side
effects were bugging me -- and I feel just dandy.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle