PDA

View Full Version : Help me please

Dave
October 11th 03, 02:46 AM
Hi everyone! I am having a major problem. I am overweight and have bben
doing the low carb (not Atkin's) diet to loose weight and have had great
success. I am also beasrfeeding my little one who is almost 5 months old.
Lately (the past couple of days) I have been feeling bad. I am dizzy,
lightheaded, nauseous (sp?), and I have a headache also. Could this be
caused from the diet or is it something else? I don't mind getting off the
diet if I have to to make me feel better. Please help!!!

Erin
Wife to Dave - 3/23/01
Mommy to Hope - 11/4/01
Mommy to Rebekah - 5/20/03

Herself
October 11th 03, 09:37 AM
Dave > wrote:

> Hi everyone! I am having a major problem. I am overweight and have bben
> doing the low carb (not Atkin's) diet to loose weight and have had great
> success. I am also beasrfeeding my little one who is almost 5 months old.
> Lately (the past couple of days) I have been feeling bad. I am dizzy,
> lightheaded, nauseous (sp?), and I have a headache also. Could this be
> caused from the diet or is it something else? I don't mind getting off the
> diet if I have to to make me feel better. Please help!!!

I thought if you were bf, you shouldn't be dieting. Chance that you
might be preggers? :-)
--
'Tis Herself

KC
October 11th 03, 11:56 AM
Seems like it is worth a try to add some carbs and see if you feel
better. I have searched back in google for myself before about low
carbing while bf, and all I really found was people saying it was bad
for supply, so I haven't low carbed because I tend toward poor supply.

KC -
buy or rent Whittlestone Breast Expressers at:
http://www.alittlestore.com

"Dave" > wrote in message >...
> Hi everyone! I am having a major problem. I am overweight and have bben
> doing the low carb (not Atkin's) diet to loose weight and have had great
> success. I am also beasrfeeding my little one who is almost 5 months old.
> Lately (the past couple of days) I have been feeling bad. I am dizzy,
> lightheaded, nauseous (sp?), and I have a headache also. Could this be
> caused from the diet or is it something else? I don't mind getting off the
> diet if I have to to make me feel better. Please help!!!
>

> Erin
> Wife to Dave - 3/23/01
> Mommy to Hope - 11/4/01
> Mommy to Rebekah - 5/20/03

teapot
October 11th 03, 02:54 PM
"Dave" > wrote in message >...
> Hi everyone! I am having a major problem. I am overweight and have bben
> doing the low carb (not Atkin's) diet to loose weight and have had great
> success. I am also beasrfeeding my little one who is almost 5 months old.
> Lately (the past couple of days) I have been feeling bad. I am dizzy,
> lightheaded, nauseous (sp?), and I have a headache also. Could this be
> caused from the diet or is it something else? I don't mind getting off the
> diet if I have to to make me feel better. Please help!!!

I think you probably need a fair amount of carbs to keep you going, it
takes a lot of energy to produce milk. For the first time in my life I
have started to eat mre than my bloke. Food wears off very quickly
with me too and I get dizzy cos of low blood sugar, could that be it?
I am also pretty fat but I don't care!

teapot

Sara
October 11th 03, 03:04 PM
Dave wrote:

> Hi everyone! I am having a major problem. I am overweight and have bben
> doing the low carb (not Atkin's) diet to loose weight and have had great
> success. I am also beasrfeeding my little one who is almost 5 months old.
> Lately (the past couple of days) I have been feeling bad. I am dizzy,
> lightheaded, nauseous (sp?), and I have a headache also. Could this be
> caused from the diet or is it something else? I don't mind getting off the
> diet if I have to to make me feel better. Please help!!!

The Atkin's diet isn't recommended for breastfeeding mothers; you
should see if the low carb one -- if it's an "official" diet -- you're
on isn't, either. Somewhere on the Atkin's website they have a diet
they say is okay while breastfeeding. It's called the maintenance
diet, or something on those lines.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

iphigenia
October 11th 03, 03:51 PM
Dave wrote:
> Hi everyone! I am having a major problem. I am overweight and have
> bben doing the low carb (not Atkin's) diet to loose weight and have
> had great success.

You should *not* be doing a low-carb diet while breastfeeding. If you're
burning fat, you'll end up spilling ketones and pollutants, which will end
up in breast milk.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Dave
October 11th 03, 04:52 PM
I hope I'm not pregnant. I don't think I have ovulated at all. I haven't
had my period since I got pregnant with Rebekah. If I am pregnant then that
is fine, but I'm not ready! LOL

I don't know why I am feeling so sick. I do have hypoglycemia but it
doesn't feel like that though. So I'm not real sure if that could be it or
not.

I know that you aren't "supposed" to diet while breastfeeding but I thought
that the low carb thing might be okay as long as I did get some carbs. So I
probably better get off the diet huh? Just to see if that is the problem.
I have lost some weight which is great but I can't be feeling like crap all
the time.

Oh, I don't know if anyone emailed me, but the email address here doesn't
work. If you want to email me, please email me at

Erin
Wife to Dave - 3/23/01
Mommy to Hope - 11/4/01
Mommy to Rebekah - 5/20/03
"Herself" > wrote in message
> Dave > wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone! I am having a major problem. I am overweight and have
bben
> > doing the low carb (not Atkin's) diet to loose weight and have had great
> > success. I am also beasrfeeding my little one who is almost 5 months
old.
> > Lately (the past couple of days) I have been feeling bad. I am dizzy,
> > lightheaded, nauseous (sp?), and I have a headache also. Could this be
> > caused from the diet or is it something else? I don't mind getting off
the
> > diet if I have to to make me feel better. Please help!!!
>
> I thought if you were bf, you shouldn't be dieting. Chance that you
> might be preggers? :-)
> --
> 'Tis Herself

Irrational Number
October 11th 03, 11:23 PM
Dave wrote:
> Hi everyone! I am having a major problem. I am overweight and have bben
> doing the low carb (not Atkin's) diet to loose weight and have had great
> success. I am also beasrfeeding my little one who is almost 5 months old.
> Lately (the past couple of days) I have been feeling bad. I am dizzy,
> lightheaded, nauseous (sp?), and I have a headache also. Could this be
> caused from the diet or is it something else? I don't mind getting off the
> diet if I have to to make me feel better. Please help!!!

I don't think you should be dieting to lose
weight while you're breastfeeding. I'm so
terrified of losing supply and/or giving the
baby ketones or whatever other toxins that
I've actually increased the carbs that I eat.

Having said that, is anyone around you getting
the flu or the cold? If you're in the U.S.,
it's getting to be winter soon.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

toypup
October 12th 03, 06:10 PM
"Dave" > wrote in message
> I hope I'm not pregnant. I don't think I have ovulated at all. I haven't
> had my period since I got pregnant with Rebekah. If I am pregnant then
that
> is fine, but I'm not ready! LOL
>

> I don't know why I am feeling so sick. I do have hypoglycemia but it
> doesn't feel like that though. So I'm not real sure if that could be it
or
> not.
>

> I know that you aren't "supposed" to diet while breastfeeding but I
thought
> that the low carb thing might be okay as long as I did get some carbs. So
> probably better get off the diet huh? Just to see if that is the problem.
> I have lost some weight which is great but I can't be feeling like crap
all
> the time.

A lot of toxins like to be stored in fat. When you lose fat, the toxins
move into the bloodstream and get concentrated in the milk (full of fat).
Your baby may be getting too high a dose of toxins, as a result. I would
not go on any diet while BF'ing for that reason.