PDA

View Full Version : Belated introduction (a bit long)

Judy King
October 11th 03, 09:21 PM
I've introduced myself before and posted a few times lately but I thought a
more official hi was in order.

I am breastfeeding number two who was born last week on the seventh. He was
a big boy (10lb 2oz) but I had an easy birth and recovery has been a dream.
Breastfeeding has come very naturally for both of us.

I only breastfed number one for ten weeks which isn't long for where I live
most babies go for a year. So I was pretty disapointed. My reason for
stopping was perceived undersupply. People are inclined to comment that big
babies need more. In hindsight I don't think he did, well eventually he did
but only because I was supplementing. I was also suffering PND which REALLY
didn't help. I became paraniod that anti-depressants would harm the baby
(even the safe ones).

Well this time things are going really well. I'm showing no signs of
depression and baby seems addicted to my milk he drinks madly for ten
minutes and then flops off drunk as a skunk ready for a good sleep. We have
had a few issues with his sleeping at night ie. not doing it but have worked
on trying to get him to be alert for a little while in the evening and that
seems to help, fingers crossed.

So hello and now if you see me post you know my story. I hope to around here
for ages so you may get used to me (or sick of me!)

Judy

BTW. If you're still reading. How long does the initial engorgement usually
last. I only remember one day with DS1 but I'm still huge and firm and
uncomfortable after nearly three now. Might have to buy a cabbage.

A&G&K
October 12th 03, 01:14 AM
"Judy King" > wrote in message
> I've introduced myself before and posted a few times lately but I thought
> more official hi was in order.
>
> I am breastfeeding number two who was born last week on the seventh. He
was
> a big boy (10lb 2oz) but I had an easy birth and recovery has been a
dream.
> Breastfeeding has come very naturally for both of us.
>
> I only breastfed number one for ten weeks which isn't long for where I
live
> most babies go for a year. So I was pretty disapointed. My reason for
> stopping was perceived undersupply. People are inclined to comment that
big
> babies need more. In hindsight I don't think he did, well eventually he
did
> but only because I was supplementing. I was also suffering PND which
REALLY
> didn't help. I became paraniod that anti-depressants would harm the baby
> (even the safe ones).
>
> Well this time things are going really well. I'm showing no signs of
> depression and baby seems addicted to my milk he drinks madly for ten
> minutes and then flops off drunk as a skunk ready for a good sleep. We
have
> had a few issues with his sleeping at night ie. not doing it but have
worked
> on trying to get him to be alert for a little while in the evening and
that
> seems to help, fingers crossed.
>
> So hello and now if you see me post you know my story. I hope to around
here
> for ages so you may get used to me (or sick of me!)
>
> Judy
>
> BTW. If you're still reading. How long does the initial engorgement
usually
> last. I only remember one day with DS1 but I'm still huge and firm and
> uncomfortable after nearly three now. Might have to buy a cabbage.

Hi Judy and welcome to you and your new baby.
This group is a great place to get support and advice (although I don't have
any re the engorgement).
Cheers
Amanda

Chookie
October 12th 03, 12:51 PM
An official welcome to you, Judy!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc