PDA

View Full Version : How much did you take?

Vijay
October 13th 03, 02:05 AM
Hi.

I am desperate to stop giving DD formula and am taking Domperidone,
Fenugreek, and Blessed Thistle. How much is okay to take? I am taking
1 Domperidone, 2 Blessed Thistle, and 4 Fenugreek every 6 hours. I
don't notice it, but DH says I smell like maple syrup, which is
supposed to mean you're taking enough Fenugreek. Supply is still not
where it should be, after almost 1 month of these supplements.

Okay to increase? What is the max allowed? What about Chasteberry? Any
others? Is it bad to combine so many?

Help! Thank you!

-V.

CY
October 13th 03, 06:09 AM
I am sure others will have more to add, but the BEST way to increase supply
is to nurse as often as possible. I haven't read any of your previous posts
so I don't know why you are giving formula, but the more supplements of non
bm that you give, the less your body knows to make and it's a viscious
cycle. Are you pumping at all? Other than galactologues, what else are you
doing to increase your supply? Have you worked with an LC at all? How old
is your baby? Anyway, that's the inquisitin over - the more info we have
the better we can help you!
"Vijay" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi.
>
> I am desperate to stop giving DD formula and am taking Domperidone,
> Fenugreek, and Blessed Thistle. How much is okay to take? I am taking
> 1 Domperidone, 2 Blessed Thistle, and 4 Fenugreek every 6 hours. I
> don't notice it, but DH says I smell like maple syrup, which is
> supposed to mean you're taking enough Fenugreek. Supply is still not
> where it should be, after almost 1 month of these supplements.
>
> Okay to increase? What is the max allowed? What about Chasteberry? Any
> others? Is it bad to combine so many?
>
> Help! Thank you!
>
> -V.

KC
October 14th 03, 03:43 AM
My peak amounts of galactagogues was 10 10 mg domperidone pills (3 3 2
2), and 3 500 mg fenugreek pills 4 x a day, and 1 300 mg chasteberry 1
x a day. I originally took 140 mg chasteberry a day which was just as
good, but I found a cheaper source that was 300 mg. I have read
taking too much chasteberry can have an opposite effect. Then I drank
tons of water (it really makes a difference) and ate lots of oatmeal.

Early on I took blessed thistle, but didn't find it helpful. I also
drank mother's milk tea here and there.

Good luck,

KC

(Vijay) wrote in message >...
> Hi.
>
> I am desperate to stop giving DD formula and am taking Domperidone,
> Fenugreek, and Blessed Thistle. How much is okay to take? I am taking
> 1 Domperidone, 2 Blessed Thistle, and 4 Fenugreek every 6 hours. I
> don't notice it, but DH says I smell like maple syrup, which is
> supposed to mean you're taking enough Fenugreek. Supply is still not
> where it should be, after almost 1 month of these supplements.
>
> Okay to increase? What is the max allowed? What about Chasteberry? Any
> others? Is it bad to combine so many?
>
> Help! Thank you!
>
> -V.

Vijay
October 15th 03, 06:31 AM
(KC) wrote in message >...
> My peak amounts of galactagogues was 10 10 mg domperidone pills (3 3 2
> 2), and 3 500 mg fenugreek pills 4 x a day, and 1 300 mg chasteberry 1
> x a day. I originally took 140 mg chasteberry a day which was just as
> good, but I found a cheaper source that was 300 mg. I have read
> taking too much chasteberry can have an opposite effect. Then I drank
> tons of water (it really makes a difference) and ate lots of oatmeal.
>
> Early on I took blessed thistle, but didn't find it helpful. I also
> drank mother's milk tea here and there.
>
> Good luck,
>
> KC

Thank you all soooo much. I can definitely increase the amounts of the
galactogogues that I am currently taking and plan to add one or two to
the mix. I don't know if I noticed a difference last time I went on an
oatmeal kick but I'm willing to try it again. I will drink even more
water than I am now and make more mother's milk tea.

Today I was almost ready to give up nursing and just keep pumping from
now on because she is so bad about staying latched on lately. She is
just frustrated I'm sure at the pathetically small amount of milk she
gets. If I could become engorged again, the way I was that first week
I would be soooo happy! I can't thank you enough. I am going to give
it one last try, really step it up a notch or two for the next 3-4
weeks and see what happens. I am so sick of pumping, but also I am
sick of mixing formula and washing bottles.

I'll keep y'all posted.

-V.