PDA

View Full Version : DS tests new bf position. . . .

Belphoebe
October 14th 03, 02:39 PM
DS is a little over seven months now, and he's a busy baby: crawling,
scooting, trying to work his way up to standing, then rolling, grinning at
mommy, talking, playing with toys. His schedule is full, so he doesn't want
to waste too much time nursing. He'll have some longer feeds in the
afternoon and evening, but earlier on, he's all about the quick feeds. When
he's in that mode, and he seems hungry, I'm at times inclined to just plunk
myself down onto the floor with him and nurse lying down rather than to pick
him up and set up my boppy station.

Anyway, he's been doing something new when I nurse him on the floor. He
rolls onto his tummy, then pulls up into a crawling position, all without
unlatching. Then he wants to nurse that way, only he ends up burying his
face into my skin and, after trying to nurse for a couple of seconds, he
lets go--gasp, gasp--and wants to try again.

Has anyone else's nursling tried a similar technique? Did s/he arrive at a
solution to this quandary? ;)

Belphoebe

Keh
October 14th 03, 03:23 PM
"Belphoebe" > wrote in message

> Anyway, he's been doing something new when I nurse him on the floor. He
> rolls onto his tummy, then pulls up into a crawling position, all without
> unlatching. Then he wants to nurse that way, only he ends up burying his
> face into my skin and, after trying to nurse for a couple of seconds, he
> lets go--gasp, gasp--and wants to try again.
>
> Has anyone else's nursling tried a similar technique? Did s/he arrive at
> solution to this quandary? ;)
>
> Belphoebe

YES! DD has been doing this for the last 3 months, but instead of getting
into the crawling position, she sticks her bottom in the air and does the
yoga "down dog" position. it drives me nuts, but she thinks it is the most
fun ever. I keep waiting for it to pass...she is so hard to nurse these
days. Wiggly wormy girl.

Keh

Rob & Laura
October 14th 03, 03:37 PM
Izabella at 8 months old does the same thing when I nurse her lying down.
Its crazy, she gets all excited and starts to pump her legs trying to go
forward, but she goes not get anywhere besides burrying herself into my skin
as well. She has tried so many new positions, another one is when she gets
up on her back legs and grabs hold to my arm when lying down and nurses that
way. She sure is creative that is for sure.

--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

"Belphoebe" > wrote in message
> DS is a little over seven months now, and he's a busy baby: crawling,
> scooting, trying to work his way up to standing, then rolling, grinning at
> mommy, talking, playing with toys. His schedule is full, so he doesn't
want
> to waste too much time nursing. He'll have some longer feeds in the
> afternoon and evening, but earlier on, he's all about the quick feeds.
When
> he's in that mode, and he seems hungry, I'm at times inclined to just
plunk
> myself down onto the floor with him and nurse lying down rather than to
pick
> him up and set up my boppy station.
>
> Anyway, he's been doing something new when I nurse him on the floor. He
> rolls onto his tummy, then pulls up into a crawling position, all without
> unlatching. Then he wants to nurse that way, only he ends up burying his
> face into my skin and, after trying to nurse for a couple of seconds, he
> lets go--gasp, gasp--and wants to try again.
>
> Has anyone else's nursling tried a similar technique? Did s/he arrive at
> solution to this quandary? ;)
>
> Belphoebe

Anonymommmy
October 15th 03, 04:54 AM
DD (13 months, stands well and walks pretty well) tries all kinds of
positions. This evening at bed time she was being particularly
creative because she was trying to simultaneously lie down and nurse
and see the pictures in the book she wanted me to read. I can't
describe it, but it was strange.

Part of the advice one gets about nursing a newborn is "make yourself
comfortable and then bring the baby to you." Obviously, that
statement is geared mostly towards parents of newborns, but, still,
this evening when DD was squirming around I was thinking about how
inapplicable that advice is to a kid who walks up to you, pushes you
down, and throws herself onto your breast.

Anonymommmy
DD, 9/02