PDA

View Full Version : Herbs to "correct" cycle length

ted
October 17th 03, 08:04 PM
Has any of you ever tried to correct the length of your cycles back to
normal? My cycles are really erratic. I'm one of those that got AF
right back at 4 months pp. Since then they've been all over the place.
Anywhere between 20 and 30 days. I am not charting temperature because
we cosleep and dd gets up several times at night to nurse and I can't
say I'm completely rested enough to get a basal temp in the mornings.
I'm always half awake.

Has anyone used any herbs to get the cycles back to 30 days? I've
googled and read about Chaste berry etc. but I want to know if any of
you have used it and got any results.

Thanks.

Phoebe & Allyson
October 17th 03, 08:27 PM
ted wrote:

> Has anyone used any herbs to get the cycles back to 30 days?

I think you can take herbal supplements to get a more
reasonable luteal phase, but I don't think they do anything
for the follicular phase, which is probably where you're
getting the variance, anyhow.

If all you want is predictability, you might try the
mini-pill. If you're going to TTC, that wouldn't work, though.

Phoebe :)
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Circe
October 17th 03, 08:48 PM
"Phoebe & Allyson" > wrote in message
> If all you want is predictability, you might try the
> mini-pill.

The mini-pill wouldn't produce predictability, though. Mini-pills are
notorious for causing irregular cycles and breakthrough bleeding. Only
combination pills do that (and only because you take the non-hormonal pills
to produce a bleed).
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [19mo] mom)

"Use repeatedly for severe damage." -- Directions on shampoo bottle

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!

Michelle Podnar
October 18th 03, 12:34 AM
First off, you should try and do temps if possible because it will help you
out to figure why your cycles are this erratic. I am assuming that you are
still bf. Maybe your body takes multiple tries before it is able to ovulate
(characterized by multiple periods of EWCM), or maybe you lutueal phase is
affected etc... I started charting this month (DD also wakes 2-3 times a
night, and I had a clear temp shift when ovulating) and I record on
Fertility Friend website (keeps all the info, and you can ask others for
suggestions, or to help read your chart, and support).

I have begun taking b6 this month (50 mg) to increase my luteal phase (it
was only 8 days this month), and I am also going to check into Vitex. A lot
of people on FF in the Breastfeeding & TTC group use it, and many are
pregnant.....I am not sure if that is directly related or not?

--
Michelle P
Ava Marie July 14, 2002
"ted" > wrote in message
om...
> Has any of you ever tried to correct the length of your cycles back to
> normal? My cycles are really erratic. I'm one of those that got AF
> right back at 4 months pp. Since then they've been all over the place.
> Anywhere between 20 and 30 days. I am not charting temperature because
> we cosleep and dd gets up several times at night to nurse and I can't
> say I'm completely rested enough to get a basal temp in the mornings.
> I'm always half awake.
>
> Has anyone used any herbs to get the cycles back to 30 days? I've
> googled and read about Chaste berry etc. but I want to know if any of
> you have used it and got any results.
>
> Thanks.

ted
October 21st 03, 08:00 PM
<snip>

> I have begun taking b6 this month (50 mg) to increase my luteal phase (it
> was only 8 days this month), and I am also going to check into Vitex. A lot
> of people on FF in the Breastfeeding & TTC group use it, and many are
> pregnant.....I am not sure if that is directly related or not?

Thanks for your reply!
How did you determine the B6 dosage (50mg)? I figure since it's just a
vitamin, no harm in taking it? Can I take the regular OTC from
Walmart/drug stores? Or some special brand only.
Also, did you check into Vitex. Could you please post what you've
found?

Thanks.