PDA

View Full Version : men!

Anne Rogers
October 18th 03, 07:37 PM
One of my hobbies is coxing (steering a rowing boat and yelling at the
rowers!) today was my first time at training since ds was born. After
training we were standing around chatting and someone offered some food
around, I immediately requested some (not a good thing in front of rowers,
coxes are supposed to be light and rowers hate to see them eat), one of
the guys commented how fast I'd got to the food, I immediately jumped in
with the comment "well I'm eating for two" everyone's immediate response
was to think I was pregnant again, I said "no, I'm still breastfeeding",
then came the looks of shock, one guy even joked "how old is he, 3?",
actually he's 4.5 months, wonder what they'll think if I do end up
breastfeeding him when he's 3!

One guy had a good joke later, we were discussing the use of various
muscles in rowing and how most people were using the wrong ones and a guy
said "but you could chop wood with a uterus, but women don't", well it
made me laugh!

Thankfully I don't take offense and I'm unlikely to ever need to nurse in
front of them.

Anne Rogers

Dawn Lawson
October 21st 03, 05:14 AM
Anne Rogers wrote:

> One of my hobbies

*g*
Having a bad string of reading errors this week....with the subject
line, I read this as "one of my hubbies" (ie DHs)....*g*

Dawn