PDA

View Full Version : Surrogate mom also provides breastmilk

Joy
October 19th 03, 10:34 PM
Thought some of you would be interested in this. (The New York Times
requires free registration before you can view stories, but I've pasted the
first paragraph below.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/19/magazine/19LIVES.html

When Diahn Taylor, 38, decided to become a surrogate mother, she didn't know
that she would be carrying twins or that this pregnancy would be harder than
those that produced her own three children. But she made a commitment to a
couple through an agency (and received a $21,000 fee). After seven weeks of
bed rest, she gave birth to a boy and girl in May. Taylor then volunteered
to ship her breast milk from her town of Paola, Kan., to the twins about 500
miles away. ''I wanted to give them a good start, like I did with my own,''
she says.