PDA

View Full Version : Question about whole milk

Leann and Donald
October 21st 03, 12:54 AM
I recently started giving Lucy (1 year) whole milk. Do any of you know how
long it can be kept out of the refrigerator? Also, after warming it, can
you re-refrigerate it and then use it again?

Leann

Sue
October 21st 03, 01:34 AM
Leann and Donald > wrote in message
> I recently started giving Lucy (1 year) whole milk. Do any of you know
how long it can be kept out of the refrigerator? Also, after warming it,
can
> you re-refrigerate it and then use it again?
>
> Leann

Are you talking about cow's whole milk? I never warmed up milk for the kids
once they started drinking it. As far as how long, well since we didn't like
warmed milk, it wasn't kept out for too long. Perhaps a 1/2 hour and if they
didn't want it, then it was put back in the refrigerator and kept for later.
Drinking milk at that point wasn't like having a feed from nursing or
formula. They drank it with meals. If they were thirsty and needed something
to drink, I gave them a sippy cup with water.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)