PDA

View Full Version : Nursing no. 1, preg and sore!

Cathy
October 22nd 03, 02:47 AM
Hi, I have a friend with an 11 month old son, and she is about 2 months
preg. with her 2nd baby. Initially she was going to nurse no. 1 till he
weaned, but she is finding it increasingly painful, and is getting tempted
to wean him. He is teething at the moment, which doesn't make things any
easier. Can anything be done to help her ease the pain?

Thanks,
Cathy

Larry McMahan
October 22nd 03, 07:16 PM
Cathy > writes:
: Hi, I have a friend with an 11 month old son, and she is about 2 months
: preg. with her 2nd baby. Initially she was going to nurse no. 1 till he
: weaned, but she is finding it increasingly painful, and is getting tempted
: to wean him. He is teething at the moment, which doesn't make things any
: easier. Can anything be done to help her ease the pain?

: Thanks,
: Cathy

Well, it gets better for a while in the second trimester, but her milk
will start to dry up and turn to colosturm between 6 and 7 months.
Many mothers here manage to make it through the pregnancy and tandem
nurse when the new baby comes. She might find it supportive to post
and read here and talk with other mothers who nursed throughout thier
pregnancies.

Larry

BTW: There are effective ways to deal with teething without weaning.
It gets posted here at least once a month! :-) Again, if she needs
help, have her read and post here and ask questions.

Cathy
October 23rd 03, 02:57 AM
Larry McMahan wrote:
> Cathy > writes:
>> Hi, I have a friend with an 11 month old son, and she is about 2
>> months preg. with her 2nd baby. Initially she was going to nurse
>> no. 1 till he weaned, but she is finding it increasingly painful,
>> and is getting tempted to wean him. He is teething at the moment,
>> which doesn't make things any easier. Can anything be done to help
>> her ease the pain?
>
>> Thanks,
>> Cathy
>
> Well, it gets better for a while in the second trimester, but her milk
> will start to dry up and turn to colosturm between 6 and 7 months.
> Many mothers here manage to make it through the pregnancy and tandem
> nurse when the new baby comes. She might find it supportive to post
> and read here and talk with other mothers who nursed throughout thier
> pregnancies.
>
> Larry
>
> BTW: There are effective ways to deal with teething without weaning.
> It gets posted here at least once a month! :-) Again, if she needs
> help, have her read and post here and ask questions.

Thanks - she doesn't have a computer! She is the sort of person who will
stick it out, so if I suggest she only has a month or so of pain left, that
will help! And she has got through the first 8 teeth o.k. - canines and
first molars are coming in now, and I think her DS is doing a bit of
gnawing! I think she is just so tender due to the pregnancy, that any extra
pressure that wouldn't usually worry her is a bit much! She is also trying
to express and get DS to take milk by some other means, but he likes it from
mum!

Cathy