PDA

View Full Version : Re: HELP! 9mo doesn't like formula (crossposted slightly)

iphigenia
October 24th 03, 11:55 PM
Rosalie B. wrote:
> The original thread that I saw had only two paragraphs to it and
> medication use was not addressed in either paragraph. It was posted
> to Newsgroups:

misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids,alt.parenting.so lutions,alt.support.breast
feeding,misc.kids.health

So? What does that have to do with thread drift?

> I don't know what there was in the post originally, but given that
> fragment, there is no reason to even bring up medications taken while
> bf. As I scanned the thread I saw the bf nazis coming in and
> castigating the OP for stopping bf and telling her that she can/should
> start up again.

I NEVER said anything to the OP at all.

> While I agree that bf is best and that there are a lot of bogus
> reasons given for stopping, I don't agree that one should require
> someone to justify their decisions to you or other folks on the
> internet. There is a fine line between giving helpful advice and
> harassing someone.

Where the HELL do you get "harassment" from me pointing out that even
medications that are known to be safe have warnings against use while BF?

I give up. You are not being rational. You're attributing words and
intentions to me that I never said or implied. I did not call anyone
"silly." I did not ask anyone to justify their actions. I do not tell
"strangers or acquaintances on the Internet" what to do, nor do I give
unasked-for advice. I did not "attack someone who
stated that it wasn't a good idea to disregard instructions not to bf when
taking medications." I did not disrespect anyone's experience. You say that
I did all those things when all I did was point out that you can't
necessarily go by the CYA labels plastered on medicine containers when
determining safety, and that most meds are at least potentially compatible
with BF. I don't know WHAT your problem with me is, but in the future, can
you please keep your attacks on me based on reality?

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net