PDA

View Full Version : Re: HELP! 9mo doesn't like formula (crossposted slightly)

dragonlady
October 25th 03, 12:36 AM
In article <Tahmb.168521$pl3.102724@pd7tw3no>,
Dawn Lawson > wrote:

> Rosalie B. wrote:
>

> nor was your reaction to those
> > people who said that some medications are contra-indicated for bf. I
> > am presuming that there ARE indeed some medications which are indeed a
> > bad idea?
>
> FEWER than most woman are told, and bfding relatinoships are ended
> needlessly because of this inaccureate information.
>
> Dawn

What interests me -- at least in part -- is that this debate started
when I responded to someone who said there is NEVER EVER ANY GOOD REASON
WHATSOEVER to switch from breast to bottle. Whether it is common or
not, it is true that there are drugs that a mother might have to take
that would make breastfeeding inappropriate -- so there ARE times when
it is necessary.

I'm sorry to hear that MD's may recommend it when it isn't necessary;
however, that does not change the fact that there are times when it flat
out IS necessary.

meh