PDA

View Full Version : Newbie (introduction)

K-K
November 18th 03, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone, Id like to introduce my self to the group...

My name is Kristin, im 22 yo, Ive been married for 4 years, and have one
daughter 4 yo, and a 10 day old son. I am breast feeding him (even though I
hate it) but I am determined to do it this time around. I gave up breast
feeding my daughter, but this time I am more knowlegeable and would like
support in continuing to feed him the way that is best. Breast feeding does
not come natural to me and is frustrating and time consuming, but hopefully
with support I will do whats right.

Thanks and hello to all :)

K-K
November 18th 03, 09:19 PM
HA HA HA, Excuse my spelling... I am awful at it and forgot to use my spell
checker lol.

"K-K" > wrote in message news:KRvub.428627$9l5.56817@pd7tw2no...
> Hi everyone, Id like to introduce my self to the group...
>
> My name is Kristin, im 22 yo, Ive been married for 4 years, and have one
> daughter 4 yo, and a 10 day old son. I am breast feeding him (even though
> hate it) but I am determined to do it this time around. I gave up breast
> feeding my daughter, but this time I am more knowlegeable and would like
> support in continuing to feed him the way that is best. Breast feeding
does
> not come natural to me and is frustrating and time consuming, but
hopefully
> with support I will do whats right.
>
> Thanks and hello to all :)

cloud nine
November 18th 03, 09:52 PM
Hi Kristin!

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your baby boy!

I could have written your post 2.5 years ago and probably did! It's not
that I "hated" nursing, but it did not come easy for me, even though I
really wanted to do it. I would have quit a thousand times if it were not
for my husband and the support of this group. I am happy to say I went on
nursing my son until he was 2 years 2 months old!

Just take one feeding at a time and set small goals for yourself. You can
do it!!! You are doing great so far!

Please let us know when you have specific questions that arise and the
ladies (and gentlemen) here always have an answer!

Sue & Benton, 2.5 yrs. old

Nic
November 18th 03, 10:34 PM
"K-K" > wrote in message news:KRvub.428627$9l5.56817@pd7tw2no...
> Hi everyone, Id like to introduce my self to the group...
>
> My name is Kristin, im 22 yo, Ive been married for 4 years, and have one
> daughter 4 yo, and a 10 day old son. I am breast feeding him (even though
> hate it) but I am determined to do it this time around. I gave up breast
> feeding my daughter, but this time I am more knowlegeable and would like
> support in continuing to feed him the way that is best. Breast feeding
does
> not come natural to me and is frustrating and time consuming, but
hopefully
> with support I will do whats right.
>
> Thanks and hello to all :)

Welcome to the group,
Im more of a lurker rather then a poster but do post every so often.
I am a mum of a 3 1/2 yo girl and 10 mo boy.
And im sure you will get breastfeeding support here.

Nic

Teresa Chandler
November 18th 03, 10:57 PM
"K-K" > wrote
> Hi everyone, Id like to introduce my self to the group...
>
> My name is Kristin, im 22 yo, Ive been married for 4 years, and have one
> daughter 4 yo, and a 10 day old son. I am breast feeding him (even though
> hate it) but I am determined to do it this time around. I gave up breast
> feeding my daughter, but this time I am more knowlegeable and would like
> support in continuing to feed him the way that is best. Breast feeding
does
> not come natural to me and is frustrating and time consuming, but
hopefully
> with support I will do whats right.
>
> Thanks and hello to all :)

Welcome K-K! I've been away from this group for a long time, but I've got a
bun in the oven, which brings me back. If this is the same group it was
last go-round for me, you will get alot of help and encouragement from these
ladies and men.

Congrats on giving your child the absolute best start. Breastfeeding
doesn't come naturally to most of us. Hang in there, it'll get better. It
took til about 3 or 4 weeks til it really clicked for us. That seems like a
long time when he's 10 days old, but really it was just a blip in time. His
umbilical cord hadn't even fallen off, when it gradually just got better and
better.

Teresa

Phoebe & Allyson
November 18th 03, 11:44 PM
K-K wrote:

> I am breast feeding him (even though I hate it)

When I had a 10-day-old baby, I hated it, too. And I'd gone
into it anticipating loving it! It really does get a lot
better - by the time she was 2 weeks old, it had gone from
unspeakably horrible to miserable, and by 4 weeks from
miserable to bad, and by 6 weeks from bad to OK. And now I
can't imagine not bf.

Phoebe and the Very Hungry Caterpillar, 5 1/2 months old :)
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Shannon
November 19th 03, 03:33 PM
K-K;

Welcome! I don't post much since my DS weaned, but wanted to respond to
you.

At 10 days, I can't remember *anything* that was easy, least of all
breastfeeding. Stick with it, though, and you're in for a world of
easy-ness. You'll never have to heat a bottle in the middle of the night.
You'll never have to worry that you didn't pack his food when you go out -
it's automatically with you! You'll never have to worry about
sterilization, or recalls of bad formula, or stuff like that.

I am a phenomenally lazy person, and breastfeeding suited my personality
perfectly. Hope it works that way for you as well!

-Shannon
"K-K" > wrote in message news:KRvub.428627$9l5.56817@pd7tw2no...
> Hi everyone, Id like to introduce my self to the group...
>
> My name is Kristin, im 22 yo, Ive been married for 4 years, and have one
> daughter 4 yo, and a 10 day old son. I am breast feeding him (even though
> hate it) but I am determined to do it this time around. I gave up breast
> feeding my daughter, but this time I am more knowlegeable and would like
> support in continuing to feed him the way that is best. Breast feeding
does
> not come natural to me and is frustrating and time consuming, but
hopefully
> with support I will do whats right.
>
> Thanks and hello to all :)

Chookie
November 20th 03, 11:32 AM
In article <KRvub.428627$9l5.56817@pd7tw2no>, "K-K" > wrote:

> My name is Kristin, im 22 yo, Ive been married for 4 years, and have one
> daughter 4 yo, and a 10 day old son. I am breast feeding him (even though I
> hate it) but I am determined to do it this time around.

Hi Kristin, the first weeks can be difficult, but you will reach a point where
you find it is very easy and convenient. Give yourself 6 weeks or so to
become confident.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc