PDA

View Full Version : Re: bad, but probably amusing

Tine Andersen
November 19th 03, 10:15 PM
"Anne Rogers" > skrev i en meddelelse
> we were bathing ds, we do this with him being in the bath with me and dh
> watching, I was holding him in a standing postion on my tummy so he could
> "dance" when he for only the 2nd time ever decided to poo whilst in the
> bath, and it was a big one! It went everywhere, mainly all over my tummy,
> just at that moment the phone rang! So I was left with a poopy tummy
> holding and unhappy baby (he got unhappy when he pooped for some reason),
> dh came back and ran water into the basin so we could rinse out his hair,
> that went fine (remember all this time I am sat in a bath full of poop),
> then we transferred him to the basin to wash his body (thankfully he's
> still small enough, then the phone rang again! ds was thrust back at me, I
> had stood up to rinse myself off with the shower, I had to prevent him
> from grabbing my boob as I knew he would be cross if I unlatched him a
> minute later, thankfully it was a quick call and dh came back to take the
> baby and I could finally wash the poo of me!

My imagination - my imagination :-)

I would have insisted that DH let the phone ring!

Tine, Denmark

Karen
November 19th 03, 10:39 PM
Answering machine? Ds is 3 1/2 yo and I still don't answer the phone!

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 1/2 and someone due 4/24/04-

Irish Marie
November 19th 03, 10:48 PM
"Tine Andersen" > wrote in message
k...
> I would have insisted that DH let the phone ring!

Ditto!!! Poor you Anne........luckily my kids have never pooped in the
bath.......but you never know Liam might!!
--
Marie
Mum of 3

Nina
November 20th 03, 01:12 AM
mine are10. 8 and 1 month
i never answer the phone, anyone who wants me knows to talk to the machine

"Karen" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Answering machine? Ds is 3 1/2 yo and I still don't answer the phone!
>
> -Karen, mom to Henry 3 1/2 and someone due 4/24/04-

A&G&K
November 20th 03, 02:57 AM
"Anne Rogers" > wrote in message
> we were bathing ds, we do this with him being in the bath with me and dh
> watching, I was holding him in a standing postion on my tummy so he could
> "dance" when he for only the 2nd time ever decided to poo whilst in the
> bath, and it was a big one! It went everywhere, mainly all over my tummy,
> just at that moment the phone rang! So I was left with a poopy tummy
> holding and unhappy baby (he got unhappy when he pooped for some reason),
> dh came back and ran water into the basin so we could rinse out his hair,
> that went fine (remember all this time I am sat in a bath full of poop),
> then we transferred him to the basin to wash his body (thankfully he's
> still small enough, then the phone rang again! ds was thrust back at me, I
> had stood up to rinse myself off with the shower, I had to prevent him
> from grabbing my boob as I knew he would be cross if I unlatched him a
> minute later, thankfully it was a quick call and dh came back to take the
> baby and I could finally wash the poo of me!
>
> -----------
> Anne Rogers

LOL! Don't you just love the bodily fluids!
I'll second (or third) what everyone else has said ... get an answering
machine! It saves so much hassle at inopportune moments :)
Amanda

Anne Rogers
November 20th 03, 09:38 AM
actually we have an answering machine, but for some reason our friends
don't use it, the first call was the baby sitter confirming what time we
wanted her round, definitely a call it was good to pick up, the other
however was a junk call, very annoying.

Chookie
November 20th 03, 12:08 PM
In article >,
Anne Rogers > wrote:

<snip story>

Ou can retell that one at his 21st... or maye not!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc

Belphoebe
November 20th 03, 02:18 PM
Anne Rogers wrote:

> actually we have an answering machine, but for some reason our friends
> don't use it,

They need to be retrained! ;)

--
Belphoebe

Tine Andersen
November 20th 03, 03:56 PM
"Belphoebe" > skrev i en meddelelse
> Anne Rogers wrote:
>
> > actually we have an answering machine, but for some reason our friends
> > don't use it,
>
> They need to be retrained! ;)
>
> --
> Belphoebe

Is there a term called 'telephone training' :-) To be initiated shortly
before the kids reach 12.

Tine, Denmark

Melissa
November 20th 03, 04:33 PM
"Anne Rogers" > wrote
> actually we have an answering machine, but for some reason our friends
> don't use it, the first call was the baby sitter confirming what time we
> wanted her round, definitely a call it was good to pick up, the other
> however was a junk call, very annoying.

DH's family isn't big on answering machines, but they know that I won't call
them back unless they leave a message (I won't call back based on the fact
that I know they called because of caller ID). They also know (because I've
told them) that if I'm nursing, changing a diaper or am otherwise occupied
in a baby activity or if we're eating as a family (i.e. not in front of the
TV) the phone doesn't get answered. It's amazing how quickly everyone
learned.

Tell your friends, nanny, etc. that you just can't answer the phone
sometimes and would appreciate it if they'd leave a message. If they call
and say that they've been trying to reach you, respond with, "Oh. I didn't
get your message." Eventually people will get it. If DH's family can get it
then anyone can.
--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Cathy Weeks
November 20th 03, 08:20 PM
Anne Rogers > wrote in message >...
> we were bathing ds, we do this with him being in the bath with me and dh
> watching, I was holding him in a standing postion on my tummy so he could
> "dance" when he for only the 2nd time ever decided to poo whilst in the
> bath, and it was a big one! It went everywhere, mainly all over my tummy,
> just at that moment the phone rang! So I was left with a poopy tummy
> holding and unhappy baby (he got unhappy when he pooped for some reason),
> dh came back and ran water into the basin so we could rinse out his hair,
> that went fine (remember all this time I am sat in a bath full of poop),
> then we transferred him to the basin to wash his body (thankfully he's
> still small enough, then the phone rang again! ds was thrust back at me, I
> had stood up to rinse myself off with the shower, I had to prevent him
> from grabbing my boob as I knew he would be cross if I unlatched him a
> minute later, thankfully it was a quick call and dh came back to take the
> baby and I could finally wash the poo of me!

Too funny! My daughter pooped on me in the bath a few times, but
never quite so spectacularly! It's pretty icky, but I too survived!

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

Stephanie and Tim
November 20th 03, 09:15 PM
I read this quickly and saw 10.8 (as in 10 and 8 tenths months) and 1 month.
I was thinking to myself WHAT A NIGHTMARE to become pregnant that soon. Then
my mind kicked in...

:)

"Nina" > wrote in message
t...
> mine are10. 8 and 1 month
> i never answer the phone, anyone who wants me knows to talk to the machine
>
> "Karen" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > Answering machine? Ds is 3 1/2 yo and I still don't answer the phone!
> >
> > -Karen, mom to Henry 3 1/2 and someone due 4/24/04-

Di
November 21st 03, 01:32 AM
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:38:41 +0000, Anne Rogers
> wrote:

>actually we have an answering machine, but for some reason our friends
>don't use it, the first call was the baby sitter confirming what time we
>wanted her round, definitely a call it was good to pick up, the other
>however was a junk call, very annoying.

We have friends like that - but they also know if we aren't answering
there is a reason (and I would have counted your case as a good reason
*not* to answer the phone). If we don't answer they call back in 5 to
20 mins if it is important.

Di