PDA

View Full Version : Meds question

CY
November 20th 03, 10:27 PM
I have hurt my back (I think picking up my 27 lb angel!) and went to the dr.
today who says it's either a pulled muscle, trapped nerve or a disc that's
slipped! Could've figured that out myself...but anyway. I have Hales and
it says that the Vicodin she has prescribed me is L3. However she did not
prescibe me a muscle relaxant like she wanted to because I am still bf'ing.
I looked up Flexeril and Soma (dumbass that I am, I didn't bring the book
with me!) and they are both L3 though the descriptions do make me worry a
bit as they seem to be quite heavily secreted in bm. So my question is, if
Vicodin is OK, wouldn't Soma/Flexeril be too?? My DD nurses quite often,
and still through the night and she is 21 months.

Anyone been in a similar situation?

Naomi Pardue
November 21st 03, 12:19 AM
> So my question is, if
>Vicodin is OK, wouldn't Soma/Flexeril be too?? My DD nurses quite often,
>and still through the night and she is 21 months.

Not sure what to tell you. Your MD's logic may well have been simply that we
have a lot of experience with narcotics in nursing moms (since they are very
routinely prescribed post-partum), so he was comfortable prescribing those, but
didn't have experience with the muscle relaxants.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)