PDA

View Full Version : yet another Fertility while bf question...

ted
November 20th 03, 11:11 PM
I never had any fertility issues before my pregnancy. My cycles used
to be in 30-35 days range. Not exactly like clock work but in
predictable range.
DD (8.5 mo) is nursing only at nights these days.

I've been having erratic periods with cycles ranging from 20-30 days
for 4 months now. Some of them anovulatory I guess. In this cycle I'm
in day 40 now. no, I'm not pg. So this could be anovulatory too? I'm
thinking of charting from my next cycle just to keep track of
ovulation and get to know my body better. Also, I want to start trying
for #2.

I heard anovulatory cycles could be very long. How long should I wait
before seeing the GYN about this cycle? Or should I just wait until I
get A/F no matter how long it takes? I'll post again if I get A/F.

Thanks.

Shannon G
November 21st 03, 12:17 AM
"ted" > wrote in message
om...
> I never had any fertility issues before my pregnancy. My cycles used
> to be in 30-35 days range. Not exactly like clock work but in
> predictable range.
> DD (8.5 mo) is nursing only at nights these days.
>
> I've been having erratic periods with cycles ranging from 20-30 days
> for 4 months now. Some of them anovulatory I guess. In this cycle I'm
> in day 40 now. no, I'm not pg. So this could be anovulatory too? I'm
> thinking of charting from my next cycle just to keep track of
> ovulation and get to know my body better. Also, I want to start trying
> for #2.
>
> I heard anovulatory cycles could be very long. How long should I wait
> before seeing the GYN about this cycle? Or should I just wait until I
> get A/F no matter how long it takes? I'll post again if I get A/F.
>
> Thanks.

You need to get _Taking Charge of Your Fertility_ by Toni Weschler. It is a
must have. Not knowing if you are having anovulatory cycles and with them
being errratic, charting is really is the best way to get your questions
answered. You can also order the software online. Do a search of TCOYF
software. The software told me "congratulations, you are pregnant" before I
knew for sure just based on the # of days above the coverline.

Shannon