PDA

View Full Version : heard my first negative bfing comment!

November 21st 03, 05:28 PM
A little background: DH was taking care of DS last week and took him
by Grandma and Grandpa's house for a bit. DS was cranky because it
was approaching bedtime but wouldn't fall asleep for his father
because he usually goes to sleep after a bath, stories, and a long
nursing session.

So yesterday we were all visiting over there, and MIL says, "Well,
that child is going to want to go to sleep by himself at some point!
Why don't you start a bedtime routine, like..." etc. etc.

I said the first thing which popped into my mind, namely that I was
sure he'd be done nursing himself to sleep by the time he went to
college.

I feel very lucky to have such a supportive extended family, actually.
I'm a second-generation extended breastfeeder, so no problems there,
and this is only the second real comment from my MIL in thirteen
months -- and I can't really fault her, as she's no real experience
with bfing.

--
C, mama to one year old nursling