PDA

View Full Version : How long is thawed milk good for in the fridge?

Kathy
November 22nd 03, 04:53 PM
I was wondering how long breastmilk is good once it has been taken out
of the freezer and thawed in the refrigerator?

I have read several different answers...most often I have seen 24 hours.
Does the 24 hours start once the milk is completely thawed, or once the
milk leaves the freezer and goes into the refrigerator?

Thanks everyone,
Kathy

Shannon G
November 22nd 03, 05:09 PM
"Kathy" > wrote in message

> I was wondering how long breastmilk is good once it has been taken out
> of the freezer and thawed in the refrigerator?
>
> I have read several different answers...most often I have seen 24 hours.
> Does the 24 hours start once the milk is completely thawed, or once the
> milk leaves the freezer and goes into the refrigerator?

When I've taken frozen bm out of the freezer into the fridge, I always use
it by the following day. Depending on when it was taken out, it may be more
than 24 hrs. but I've never had problems with spoilage.

Shannon

Irrational Number
November 23rd 03, 05:16 AM
I don't know what the limit is, but I usually
use the milk almost immediately. (I melt it
at 6 am and the nanny uses it by 8 am.)

-- Anita --

--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

Melissa
November 23rd 03, 04:46 PM
You'll know if it's spoiled because it smells horrible (worse than regular
sour milk).

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03