PDA

View Full Version : A l ittle OT - chicken pox scars

Andrea
November 26th 03, 09:59 AM
Kami is over the CP, but his face has some nasty loking scars. Will they
fade? I am hoping so because he looks terrible.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs

Anne Rogers
November 26th 03, 11:28 AM
> Kami is over the CP, but his face has some nasty loking scars. Will they
> fade? I am hoping so because he looks terrible.

he's young enough not to pick them, so they will almost certainly fade,
sometimes they leave a small ring, like you pressed a drinking straw into
his skin, but with no colour so only noticeable if you go looking for it.

Leslie
November 26th 03, 12:30 PM
My kids, who had chicken pox at 2 and 3, have no visible scars. OTOH, I, who
had them at 22, have some nasty ones. Kamron should be fine.

Leslie

Mary W.
November 26th 03, 12:45 PM
Leslie wrote:

> My kids, who had chicken pox at 2 and 3, have no visible scars. OTOH, I, who
> had them at 22, have some nasty ones. Kamron should be fine.

I had them at 3 and have scars on my forhead. They are pretty faint now, but if
I'm really looking for them I can find them. As a previous poster said, Kam is
very young and probably didn't scratch too much, so I expect his will fade.

Mary

Cathy Weeks
November 27th 03, 02:09 AM
"Andrea" > wrote in message >...
> Kami is over the CP, but his face has some nasty loking scars. Will they
> fade? I am hoping so because he looks terrible.

It really depends. I had them at age 4 - and have no scars. My
stepson had them when he was 3 or 4, and he has lots of scars on his
chest and back. My husband had them at about that same age - no scars.
My brothers had them at almost the same time - one was 9 months old
and the other 3 years old. The three year old wound up with some VERY
faint scars, the 9 month old none.

It could have as much as anything to do with his individual propensity
toward scarring.

IF he has any permanant scarring, it won't be all that noticable -
they mostly look like very faint indentations. Your average acne
scars are usually more noticable.

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01