PDA

View Full Version : baby weight gain! :)

K-K ~Glass Boobs~
November 27th 03, 07:19 PM
I still hate breast feeding :P but I am more confident that I am supplying
what my baby needs! hes gaining weight! YaY

Rob and Laura
November 27th 03, 07:54 PM
Why do you hate it so much?

--
Laura, TTC #2
Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message
> I still hate breast feeding :P but I am more confident that I am supplying
> what my baby needs! hes gaining weight! YaY

K-K ~Glass Boobs~
November 27th 03, 08:10 PM
Its uncomfortable, and if I want a night to sleep through and leave it up to
DH I cant. I only have about 3 hours to go out (alone or on a date with DH).
I guess I just dont like having ALL the responsibility. Not to mention, I
don't like wearing a nursing bra which makes my breasts look like Marilyn
Monroe (missiles) and its uncomfortable, I cant find one I like any better.
I am also a stomach sleeper which I cant do at all. I Don't like my breasts
leaking onto my shirts (even with breast pads). I don't want to be intimate
with DH with a milk drip, and it hurts when they drip. pretty much
everything about it I don't like, I don't feel it makes me closer to my son
( I bottle fed my DD and felt just as close). Bit I am determined to do it
for at least 6 months *sigh*. And I know its good for my son :)

"Rob and Laura" > wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
> Why do you hate it so much?
>
> --
> Laura, TTC #2
> Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**
> And 2 felines *Ashes(3) & George (5)*
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/izabellawelburn/
>
> "K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message
> > I still hate breast feeding :P but I am more confident that I am
supplying
> > what my baby needs! hes gaining weight! YaY

Rob and Laura
November 27th 03, 08:40 PM
It is hard from the get go. I was some glad when I finally stopped wearing
the pads it was so great. And a nursing bra i never really went out to buy
one, just wore my regular bras and that was it. They did me fine and still
do.
I remember not having time to myself and for DH. I hated it so much, and
there are some days I wish DH had boobs and he could feed her. But I think
of how it will help Izabella and that its the best thing I can do for her,
and that is what motivated me.
I never started out with a plan saying I will feed her until a certain age.
I started out saying I will breastfeed her for as long as she wants to
breastfeed for, and you know that got me through each day. And like everyone
will tell you it will get easier. I find it very easy now, she only feeds
about 4 times a day and 1 or 2 times at night thats it. It beats me getting
up out of bed when she is hungry and getting bottles ready and steralized
and so on. My milk is there all the time and its the right temperature for
her. I just give her the boob and shes ready to go.
I hope it gets easier for you too!! Hang in there.

--

> Its uncomfortable, and if I want a night to sleep through and leave it up
> DH I cant. I only have about 3 hours to go out (alone or on a date with
DH).
> I guess I just dont like having ALL the responsibility. Not to mention, I
> don't like wearing a nursing bra which makes my breasts look like Marilyn
> Monroe (missiles) and its uncomfortable, I cant find one I like any
better.
> I am also a stomach sleeper which I cant do at all. I Don't like my
breasts
> leaking onto my shirts (even with breast pads). I don't want to be
intimate
> with DH with a milk drip, and it hurts when they drip. pretty much
> everything about it I don't like, I don't feel it makes me closer to my
son
> ( I bottle fed my DD and felt just as close). Bit I am determined to do it
> for at least 6 months *sigh*. And I know its good for my son :)
>
> "Rob and Laura" > wrote in message
> e.rogers.com...
> > Why do you hate it so much?
> >
> > --
> > Laura, TTC #2
> > Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**
> > And 2 felines *Ashes(3) & George (5)*
> > http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/izabellawelburn/
> >
> > "K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message
> > > I still hate breast feeding :P but I am more confident that I am
> supplying
> > > what my baby needs! hes gaining weight! YaY

K-K ~Glass Boobs~
November 27th 03, 09:52 PM
I'm hanging in there.
6 months is my goal, and if I find breast feeding gets better then I will go
longer. But at this point I am determined to get to 6 months (at least). and
as for regular bras... well my boobs tend to just pop out of them,
especially when I bend over. and the worst part is I don't notice until its
too late. My breasts went from a B to a D! and it aint a pretty D. so I need
the support my nursing bra gives me. If I had it my way Id just wear my
nursing bra at night for convenience. the stupid nursing bra also helps hide
my lopsided ness (one makes more milk). Every one says it gets easier, I
hope I feel the same way soon.
thanks for the encouragement :)

"Rob and Laura" > wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
> [...]
> DH).
> > I guess I just dont like having ALL the responsibility. Not to mention,
> > don't like wearing a nursing bra which makes my breasts look like
Marilyn
> > Monroe (missiles) and its uncomfortable, I cant find one I like any
> better.
> > I am also a stomach sleeper which I cant do at all. I Don't like my
> breasts
> > leaking onto my shirts (even with breast pads). I don't want to be
> intimate
> > with DH with a milk drip, and it hurts when they drip. pretty much
> > everything about it I don't like, I don't feel it makes me closer to my
> son
> > ( I bottle fed my DD and felt just as close). Bit I am determined to do
it
> > for at least 6 months *sigh*. And I know its good for my son :)

November 27th 03, 09:54 PM
I am sure it will get easier soon and before you know it you will be well
pass the 6 month mark.
I know what you mean about falling out of regualr bras. I hate it so much.
I have a few bras that fit me just right and I hope nothing ever happens to
them, they were so hard to find!!
How old is your baby btw?
Keep hanging in there!! You are doing whats best that is for sure.

--

> [...]
mention,
> > > don't like wearing a nursing bra which makes my breasts look like
> Marilyn
> > > Monroe (missiles) and its uncomfortable, I cant find one I like any
> > better.
> > > I am also a stomach sleeper which I cant do at all. I Don't like my
> > breasts
> > > leaking onto my shirts (even with breast pads). I don't want to be
> > intimate
> > > with DH with a milk drip, and it hurts when they drip. pretty much
> > > everything about it I don't like, I don't feel it makes me closer to
my
> > son
> > > ( I bottle fed my DD and felt just as close). Bit I am determined to
do
> it
> > > for at least 6 months *sigh*. And I know its good for my son :)

November 27th 03, 09:58 PM
2.5 weeks ;)

> [...]
> her,
> > > and that is what motivated me.
> > > I never started out with a plan saying I will feed her until a certain
> > age.
> > > I started out saying I will breastfeed her for as long as she wants to
> > > breastfeed for, and you know that got me through each day. And like
> > everyone
> > > will tell you it will get easier. I find it very easy now, she only
> feeds
> > > about 4 times a day and 1 or 2 times at night thats it. It beats me
> > getting
> > > up out of bed when she is hungry and getting bottles ready and
> steralized
> > > and so on. My milk is there all the time and its the right temperature
> for
> > > her. I just give her the boob and shes ready to go.
> > > I hope it gets easier for you too!! Hang in there.

Alison
November 27th 03, 11:00 PM
> 2.5 weeks ;)

Ahh he must be just so cute :-)

I'm coming in late here but echoing all that's been said. Many were the
times in the first few weeks when I sat there crying during a feed cos I
hated hating it. My DS was a bit premmie so he needed all the help he could
get. My first goal was to make it to 6 weeks, then 8 weeks (we had thrush
by then) then 3 months, then 6 months and now here we are at 5.5 months very
happy and with me having no intention to give up until he does (and now I
feel a bit sad that that day will come). Never in a million years did I
think that breastfeeding could bring out such strong emotions in me.

I know what you mean about the bra bit. It was just *another* thing that
p'd me off about feeding too. Then I got a Bravado bra and my life changed.
Boobs don't fall out, you don't spend your life hoiking straps back up onto
your shoulders - I think I'll still be wearing mine long after I'm done
nursing.

I've always slept on my stomach and disliked being pg cos I couldn't. But I
think that at about 4 or 5 weeks from DS's birth, I was back to sleeping
normally (on my tummy) and felt much better for it.

Yes, hang in there. It's not always easy but it's always worthwhile.

--Alison

Plissken
November 28th 03, 12:50 AM
"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message
> 2.5 weeks ;)

Oh my! I remember when my DD was 2.5 weeks and it was hell! She's now almost
7 months and it's a piece of cake! No more leaking and I've found a nursing
bra I really like (platex). Hang in there things DO get better and yay for
you for doing it even though you hate it.

Nadene

Ellie
November 28th 03, 09:38 AM
I'm just pleased when I find a bra that fits at all - I went from an F to an
I cup!!! Dread to think what they'll look like when I stop nursing ......

Ellie

"Alison" .uk> wrote in
message ...

> "K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message
> > 2.5 weeks ;)
>
> Ahh he must be just so cute :-)
>
> I'm coming in late here but echoing all that's been said. Many were the
> times in the first few weeks when I sat there crying during a feed cos I
> hated hating it. My DS was a bit premmie so he needed all the help he
could
> get. My first goal was to make it to 6 weeks, then 8 weeks (we had thrush
> by then) then 3 months, then 6 months and now here we are at 5.5 months
very
> happy and with me having no intention to give up until he does (and now I
> feel a bit sad that that day will come). Never in a million years did I
> think that breastfeeding could bring out such strong emotions in me.
>
> I know what you mean about the bra bit. It was just *another* thing that
> p'd me off about feeding too. Then I got a Bravado bra and my life
changed.
> Boobs don't fall out, you don't spend your life hoiking straps back up
onto
> your shoulders - I think I'll still be wearing mine long after I'm done
> nursing.
>
> I've always slept on my stomach and disliked being pg cos I couldn't. But
> think that at about 4 or 5 weeks from DS's birth, I was back to sleeping
> normally (on my tummy) and felt much better for it.
>
> Yes, hang in there. It's not always easy but it's always worthwhile.
>
> --Alison

Rebecca
November 28th 03, 01:14 PM
Have you thought about expressing? Then you can have more freedom and
DH can get involved in the night time feeds too...!

-Rebecca

"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message news:<ISsxb.510206$9l5.368754@pd7tw2no>...
> Its uncomfortable, and if I want a night to sleep through and leave it up to
> DH I cant. I only have about 3 hours to go out (alone or on a date with DH).
> I guess I just dont like having ALL the responsibility. Not to mention, I
> don't like wearing a nursing bra which makes my breasts look like Marilyn
> Monroe (missiles) and its uncomfortable, I cant find one I like any better.
> I am also a stomach sleeper which I cant do at all. I Don't like my breasts
> leaking onto my shirts (even with breast pads). I don't want to be intimate
> with DH with a milk drip, and it hurts when they drip. pretty much
> everything about it I don't like, I don't feel it makes me closer to my son
> ( I bottle fed my DD and felt just as close). Bit I am determined to do it
> for at least 6 months *sigh*. And I know its good for my son :)
>
> "Rob and Laura" > wrote in message
> e.rogers.com...
> > Why do you hate it so much?
> >
> > --
> > Laura, TTC #2
> > Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**
> > And 2 felines *Ashes(3) & George (5)*
> > http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/izabellawelburn/
> >
> > "K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message
> > > I still hate breast feeding :P but I am more confident that I am
> supplying
> > > what my baby needs! hes gaining weight! YaY

Plissken
November 28th 03, 02:18 PM
"Rebecca" > wrote in message
om...
> Have you thought about expressing? Then you can have more freedom and
> DH can get involved in the night time feeds too...!

Although you probably shouldn't introduce a bottle for at least another 3.5
weeks, but you could get working on that freezer stash now. Also if you are
leaking a lot you might consider getting some breast shields (Avent sells
them) to wear around the house. These collect leaking milk. I could collect
1-1.5 ounces somtimes at night!

Nadene

K-K ~Glass Boobs~
November 28th 03, 04:12 PM
I am still too new to breast feeding and I dont want to mess up my supply.
the last thing I want is to be making more milk at this point.

"Plissken" > wrote in message

> "Rebecca" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Have you thought about expressing? Then you can have more freedom and
> > DH can get involved in the night time feeds too...!
>
> Although you probably shouldn't introduce a bottle for at least another
3.5
> weeks, but you could get working on that freezer stash now. Also if you
are
> leaking a lot you might consider getting some breast shields (Avent sells
> them) to wear around the house. These collect leaking milk. I could
collect
> 1-1.5 ounces somtimes at night!
>
> Nadene

Cathy Weeks
November 28th 03, 06:31 PM
"K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message news:<ISsxb.510206$9l5.368754@pd7tw2no>...
> Its uncomfortable,

That goes away. For me, it hurt until my milk came in, then gradually
got less and and less uncomfortable, until one day, I realized with
surprise that it hadn't hurt at all.

> and if I want a night to sleep through and leave it up to
> DH I cant.

No, not much to argue with there. But with me, if the baby was awake,
so was I. And no matter whether she was being cared for by DH, I
coulnd't go back to sleep until she was asleep too. So, I figure,
better only one of us awake, then both of us!

> I only have about 3 hours to go out (alone or on a date with DH).

When he's a little older, you can express some milk into a bottle, and
then you can. But I'd wait until 5 or 6 weeks, so he doesn't get
nipple confusion (or preference).

> I guess I just dont like having ALL the responsibility.

Soon, nursing will be so easy, that having all the responsibility
won't be such a burden.

> Not to mention, I
> don't like wearing a nursing bra which makes my breasts look like Marilyn
> Monroe (missiles) and its uncomfortable, I cant find one I like any better.

Shop around on line. I would NEVER have bought bras by mail order,
but I couldn't find any I liked locally. I've been very happy with
the results. Nice and round, and they are nicely supportive. No
seams.

> I am also a stomach sleeper which I cant do at all. I Don't like my breasts
> leaking onto my shirts (even with breast pads).

Stomach sleeping will come in time, maybe a few more weeks. As for
leaking, that gets better too. I find I need to wear either a sleep
bra or a T-shirt, because I still leak slightly out of my left (kiddo
is almost 2 years old!) But the leakage is so slight now, that the
pressure of a bra is enough to prevent it from happening.

> I don't want to be intimate
> with DH with a milk drip, and it hurts when they drip.

My husband, who doesn't particularly like the taste of breastmilk,
finds the leaking to be a bit of a turn-on. That took care of any
squeamishness for me. ;-)

As for pain, it will go away.

> pretty much
> everything about it I don't like, I don't feel it makes me closer to my son
> ( I bottle fed my DD and felt just as close). Bit I am determined to do it
> for at least 6 months *sigh*. And I know its good for my son :)

It really does get easier. Good luck!

Cathy Weeks
Mommy to Kivi Alexis 12/01

Leslie
November 29th 03, 05:07 AM
Just wanted to say, good for you for keeping on with the bf even when you don't
like it. I hope (and believe) that you will grow to love it in time. But in
the meantime I think it is wonderful that you are putting baby's needs in front
of your own comfort.

Leslie

HollyLewis
December 2nd 03, 10:10 PM

>2.5 weeks ;)

Is there ANYONE who really liked breastfeeding in the first 2.5 weeks? :-)

That's why everyone tells you to commit to at least 6 weeks; before that it's
generally a pretty awful experience, even though for most of us it has its good
moments.

After a while, though, it becomes just something you do, like any other part of
caring for your child. A whole lot easier than bottles, that's for sure, and
in general breastfeeding is a heck of a lot easier than weaning! :-) (I've
always told people I am way too lazy *not* to breastfeed.) You may never be
one of those moms who comes to really enjoy the experience, but so what? I
think if you stop telling yourself how much you hate it, you will soon find
that you no longer do.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs
EDD #2 6/8/04

H Schinske
December 2nd 03, 10:35 PM
wrote:

>Is there ANYONE who really liked breastfeeding in the first 2.5 weeks? :-)

I think there are a lot of difficult things about the first 2.5 weeks
ABSOLUTELY REGARDLESS of how you feed the baby. It's just that when you're
breastfeeding, everything that is difficult *seems* to come down to this one
baby/mother connection point. It's so easy to focus all your troubles on that,
I mean it was for me.

--Helen

DeliciousTruffles
December 2nd 03, 10:45 PM
HollyLewis wrote:

> Is there ANYONE who really liked breastfeeding in the first 2.5 weeks? :-)

Me! Me!

I loved breastfeeding my twins in the very beginning. What I
*ABSOLUTELY HATED* were the supplemental bottles that I was trying to
get them off of.

I would stroke their heads and just marvel at them. Sigh.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Ellie
December 4th 03, 12:44 PM
I love breast feeding my twins ...... but hate all the time it takes,
although that's getting better now they're 8 weeks old!!

Ellie

"DeliciousTruffles" > wrote in
message ...
> HollyLewis wrote:
>
> > Is there ANYONE who really liked breastfeeding in the first 2.5 weeks?
:-)

> Me! Me!
>
> I loved breastfeeding my twins in the very beginning. What I
> *ABSOLUTELY HATED* were the supplemental bottles that I was trying to
> get them off of.
>
> I would stroke their heads and just marvel at them. Sigh.
>
> --
> Brigitte aa #2145
> edd #3 February 15, 2004
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuaandkaterina/
>
> "Readers are plentiful; thinkers are rare."
> ~ Harriet Martineau

December 4th 03, 03:25 PM
K-K ~Glass Boobs~ > wrote:

> Its uncomfortable, and if I want a night to sleep through and leave it up to
> DH I cant. I only have about 3 hours to go out (alone or on a date with DH).
> I guess I just dont like having ALL the responsibility.

Well, first of all, my DS is now 4 months old and I still don't especially
like to BF. I don't dislike it really either and it is better than getting
up to fix a bottle. I do get a sense of satisifaction out of the fact that
I'm providing food for my son and that I'm doing the best possible thing
for him. It's more of a feeling of another job well done then anything
else. Strangely, I do enjoy pumping at work. I feel very proud of myself
when I'm dragging my 20 ounces of milk home on the train every day. I
don't have that poetic feeling about breastfeeding though, to me it's just
another thing that I do to take care of my son - just like washing his
diapers!

I must say that I am starting to get a little militant about breastfeeding
though. I always hated people who were so judgemental about people who
didn't Bf, but I find myself thinking bad things about people when I learn
that they quit BFing for questionable reasons or never even tried.

As far as the pain goes, I think all nipple pain was gone around 4 weeks.
It went away for a couple of days around 2 weeks, but I think I got lazy
with watching his latch and it came back a little bit. I still have
painful let-down, but it's very quick and it gives me a very strong sign
to tell me that they're working. ;)

Not being able to go out without thinking about my breasts is what really
gets to me sometimes. If I think about it too much, it really overwhelms
me. DH can take off for a day and basically completely forget he's a
father. Even if I leave DS with DH to go someplace for the day, I have my
boobs to constantly remind me that I should be doing something else. I
have to take my pump with me everywhere.

> Not to mention, I
> don't like wearing a nursing bra which makes my breasts look like Marilyn
> Monroe (missiles) and its uncomfortable, I cant find one I like any better.

I bought the sleep nursing bra from Motherhood Maternity and wore it the
whole time I was home. It was the most comfortable and easy-access nursing
bra I could find. I still love it and it was only $10. It's not really
enough of a bra to leave the house in, but it's perfect for home.

> I am also a stomach sleeper which I cant do at all.

I'm a stomach sleeper, too. I was so looking forward to not being pregnant
any more so I could return to stomach sleeping - little did I know that
I'd have to wait a little longer! The good news is that I'm now sleeping
on my stomach every night...

> I Don't like my breasts
> leaking onto my shirts (even with breast pads). I don't want to be intimate
> with DH with a milk drip, and it hurts when they drip.

YMMV, but I leaked a lot during the first couple of months and then
stopped all leakage around the 2 month mark. I also have way too much milk
(I think you said you had this problem), but they seemed to figure out how
to keep it in now. I'm working and pumping now and haven't had to wear
pads since I returned to work 4 weeks ago.

> pretty much
> everything about it I don't like, I don't feel it makes me closer to my son
> ( I bottle fed my DD and felt just as close). Bit I am determined to do it
> for at least 6 months *sigh*. And I know its good for my son :)

If you're like me, you'll probably stop disliking it soon and just feel
sort of ambivalent about it. After all, it's just feeding the baby. I'm
determined to go for a year and I will unless pumping kills my supply or
some other sort of catastrophe. I wouldn't mind continuing after that as
well just because it's an easy way to feed him and/or calm him. I may not
love it, but I know my son does and that's what's most important...

Manda

> "Rob and Laura" > wrote in message
> e.rogers.com...
>> Why do you hate it so much?
>>
>> --
>> Laura, TTC #2
>> Mommy to Izabella **Feb 10th, 2003**
>> And 2 felines *Ashes(3) & George (5)*
>> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/izabellawelburn/
>>
>> "K-K ~Glass Boobs~" > wrote in message
>> > I still hate breast feeding :P but I am more confident that I am
> supplying
>> > what my baby needs! hes gaining weight! YaY

Larry McMahan
December 4th 03, 09:14 PM
Ellie > writes:
: I love breast feeding my twins ...... but hate all the time it takes,
: although that's getting better now they're 8 weeks old!!

: Ellie

I'll bet that as they become more "accomplished" that by 16 weeks it
will take half that long. Keep us updated. We don't have enough
twins around here.

Larry