PDA

View Full Version : top teeth

Cary Hayes
December 3rd 03, 12:49 AM
Hello all!

I quickly broke DD of her biting when her two bottom teeth came in and I
hoped that we were over biting for good. However, she is now 9 months and
getting her two top teeth (is it odd that she gets her teeth in twos?), they
are both about half way in, and she is starting to dig in with her top teeth
when nursing. She is not biting me per say as her latch is correct and
therefore her bottom teeth are covered by her tounge. She is just applying
pressure with her top teeth.

Has anyone else experienced this? How can I get her to stop?

When she was biting me with her bottom teeth I would just say "No biting"
and put her down. She quit within 24 hours. I feel like this is different.
She doesn't do it everytime and when I say no biting and put her down she
laughs at me. Cute- but frustrating.

Any insight is greatly appreciated as always!!

Melanie

Olivia Madison 2-28-03

Herself
December 3rd 03, 08:17 AM
Cary Hayes > wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced this? How can I get her to stop?

I posted the same questions about a year ago :-). P does it (still,
sometimes...like once a month), mainly when he's exhausted and is
getting sloppy about nursing. It does stop on its own, but I didn't
find any way to prevent it, since he didn't really know he was doing it.
I sorta think that he was really into milk, so he didnt' want it to go
away :-).

I wish I had more for you...
--
'Tis Herself

Belphoebe
December 3rd 03, 06:52 PM
Cary Hayes wrote:

> I quickly broke DD of her biting when her two bottom teeth came in
> and I hoped that we were over biting for good. However, she is now 9
> months and getting her two top teeth (is it odd that she gets her
> teeth in twos?), they are both about half way in, and she is starting
> to dig in with her top teeth when nursing. She is not biting me per
> say as her latch is correct and therefore her bottom teeth are
> covered by her tounge. She is just applying pressure with her top
> teeth.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? How can I get her to stop?

I'm in the exact same situation w/DS right now. He'll be nine months this
coming Monday, he has his bottom-center two, and his top-center two are
halfway in. I think this is a fairly typical growth pattern. I believe the
bottom teeth are easier for them not to bite with since the tongue covers
them. I don't really have advice, since like you, I'm in the midst of this.
I'm trying the same tactics you are, and I'm finding that he's not biting me
all that much, but it tends to happen when he starts to slip off, especially
when he falls asleep while nursing.

--
Belphoebe