PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally back!

laurie
December 4th 03, 05:20 AM
After a month of being offline, being homeless and unbeliveably stressed for a
few weeks, and finally settling into our new home, I'm finally back online,
with a brand new computer, new name, the works. Everyone is doing
great..........we're settling into life in the country. The first few weeks
were VERY hard, Jessica had a tough time with the transition because of the
craziness of having to share a house with 4 other people for 2 weeks. She's
doing great now, though, and loves our new house. She loves all the extra
room, and loves the mountains in our backyard. Christopher is also doing great,
he now has 4 teeth, is getting really big, is as cute as can be, and has become
EXTREMELY attached to me in the time that I've been home; He basically has
become used to me being around all the time and we had the family bed thing
going for a few weeks out of necessity, which was just fine with him. (I do
cosleep with him a lot of the time anyway, but now it's more like most of the
time :). I started my new job, which is interesting, it's a 25 bed hospital
and not exactly what I'm used to; but it's nice, and clean, and boy, do I put
in a lot of IV's! Hubby starts his job next week, and then I go to nights,
which is going to suck. :( But it's the plan for now.

So, just wanted to drop a quick update and let you all know I'm back! I've
missed this place!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 7.5 months

Em
December 4th 03, 03:12 PM
"laurie" > wrote in message
> After a month of being offline, being homeless and unbeliveably stressed
for a
> few weeks, and finally settling into our new home, I'm finally back
online,
> with a brand new computer, new name, the works. Everyone is doing
> great..........we're settling into life in the country. The first few
weeks
> were VERY hard, Jessica had a tough time with the transition because of
the
> craziness of having to share a house with 4 other people for 2 weeks.
She's
> doing great now, though, and loves our new house. She loves all the extra
> room, and loves the mountains in our backyard. Christopher is also doing
great,
> he now has 4 teeth, is getting really big, is as cute as can be, and has
become
> EXTREMELY attached to me in the time that I've been home; He basically has
> become used to me being around all the time and we had the family bed
thing
> going for a few weeks out of necessity, which was just fine with him. (I
do
> cosleep with him a lot of the time anyway, but now it's more like most of
the
> time :). I started my new job, which is interesting, it's a 25 bed
hospital
> and not exactly what I'm used to; but it's nice, and clean, and boy, do I
put
> in a lot of IV's! Hubby starts his job next week, and then I go to
nights,
> which is going to suck. :( But it's the plan for now.
>
> So, just wanted to drop a quick update and let you all know I'm back!
I've
> missed this place!

Great to see you, Laurie! We've been wondering about you. Sounds like things
have finally straightened out and are going as planned. I'm so glad!

--
Em
mama to Lann, ten weeks

laurie
December 5th 03, 01:48 AM
>reat to see you, Laurie! We've been wondering about you. Sounds like things
>have finally straightened out and are going as planned. I'm so glad!
>
>--
>Em

Thanks Em! Yup, things are looking better these days. I'm so glad to be
back!!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 7.5 months

Leslie
December 8th 03, 02:09 AM
Good to see you, Laurie! How many hours are you working on your new job?

Leslie

laurie
December 8th 03, 08:14 PM
>Good to see you, Laurie! How many hours are you working on your new job?
>
>Leslie

THanks Leslie! 24 hours, two 12 hour night shifts.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 2.5 years and
Christopher, 7.5 months

Leslie
December 8th 03, 08:54 PM
>24 hours, two 12 hour night shifts.

Wow, is Christopher sleeping through the night? Or does this mean that Daddy
gets to experience night feeding? :-)

Leslie

laurie
December 9th 03, 02:56 AM
>>24 hours, two 12 hour night shifts.
>
>Wow, is Christopher sleeping through the night? Or does this mean that Daddy
>gets to experience night feeding? :-)
>
>Leslie

The latter, and to be honest, I'm extremely nervous about it! I don't really
expect it to go so well, but I shouldn't be such a pessimist. Unfortunately
days aren't an option. :( I really want to work 3-11, but they only do 12
hour shifts around here.