PDA

View Full Version : 8 month old nursnig frequently

sharonx9
December 4th 03, 10:50 AM
My baby girl is 8 1\2 months old. She co sleeps with me and always has, I
prefer it. (TMI)...I sleep with no shirt so it's easier to nurse her, but
here's my problem. She wants to stay latched almost constantly. She seems
to wake every hour or so to nurse. We both just fall back to sleep but it's
wearing me out! If I try to get her to sleep without nursing, she cries.
She is not at all interested in solids during the day. She will take maybe
4-5 bites of food and then turn her head away. I'm at my wits end. I don't
want to wean her at this point but I would like any ideas on getting her to
sleep longer.

Any help?? thanks...

Sharon...
and Linsay

Al Bell
December 6th 03, 04:43 AM
"sharonx9" > writes:

>wearing me out! If I try to get her to sleep without nursing, she cries.
>She is not at all interested in solids during the day. She will take maybe
>4-5 bites of food and then turn her head away. I'm at my wits end. I don't
>want to wean her at this point but I would like any ideas on getting her to

Just in case picky eating and hunger are the problems, is there any way
you could/would give your daughter water or something else (example:
formula) in a botle or cup or a Medela supplemental nursing system?

Also, even if your daughter won't each most kinds of solid food, would it
be possible for you to get her to eat some cream cheese or sour cream or
eat or drink anything else that's really filling?

Another thought: could your daughter be anemic? If so, maybe iron drops
would help.

sharonx9
December 6th 03, 05:58 PM
::
[...]

She won't take a bottle at all, not even EBM from a bottle. She will drink
a little bit of water but only a few drinks. As far as food, she will only
take 5-6 bites and then turn her head and that doesn't seem to help her. I
don't know if she's anemic, she hasn't been checked yet. Thanks for your
advice! :-)

Sharon...
and Linsay