PDA

View Full Version : diminished supply questions

AlenasMom
December 7th 03, 08:48 PM
I know all the things to do to bring my supply back up, but can grief cause
supply to drop? Alena's been nursing like mad since Friday, and I'm just
wondering if it's grief causing my supply to drop.
Things here are still hectic and probably will be for a long time.
Any advice?

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

HollyLewis
December 8th 03, 11:38 PM
>I know all the things to do to bring my supply back up, but can grief cause
>supply to drop? Alena's been nursing like mad since Friday, and I'm just
>wondering if it's grief causing my supply to drop.

Stress -- which of course is associated with grief -- can inhibit letdown,
though it doesn't reduce supply per se.

And don't forget that *Alena* is probably in need of more comfort than usual as
well, so that might be why she's nursing more often.

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs
EDD #2 6/8/04