PDA

View Full Version : help please

Kim &Tim
December 9th 03, 11:33 AM
Sorry this post is such a personal nature, but I just don't know what to
do right now. I have a yeast infection...not sure where it came from.
I was on antibiotics three weeks ago....but that seems like a long time.

Anyway, I looked up monistat in Hale's and it was L2. So, I used it
last night. Unfortunately, I didn't read the label carefully that
the new Monistat 1 isn't the same Monistat 1 that is listed in the
book. So, instead of using miconazole, I have used tioconazole. I have
already nursed my daughter and am panicking because I can't find any
information online about this.

I will call my breastfeeding hotline, but it isn't open for a few
hours. Does anyone know if this is safe/not safe?

Thank you,
Kim

Kim &Tim
December 9th 03, 12:19 PM
Sorry to reply to my own post...but reading the packaging it seems I
have used miconazole nitrate. Any info on this? I am in full panic
mode now...

Kim &Tim wrote:

> Sorry this post is such a personal nature, but I just don't know what
> to do right now. I have a yeast infection...not sure where it came
> from. I was on antibiotics three weeks ago....but that seems like a
> long time.
>
> Anyway, I looked up monistat in Hale's and it was L2. So, I used it
> last night. Unfortunately, I didn't read the label carefully that
> the new Monistat 1 isn't the same Monistat 1 that is listed in the
> book. So, instead of using miconazole, I have used tioconazole. I
> have already nursed my daughter and am panicking because I can't find
> any information online about this.
>
> I will call my breastfeeding hotline, but it isn't open for a few
> hours. Does anyone know if this is safe/not safe?
>
> Thank you,
> Kim

Leslie
December 9th 03, 01:22 PM
Don't worry. It's fine.

Leslie

Chotii
December 9th 03, 05:22 PM
"Leslie" > wrote in message
> Don't worry. It's fine.

And here is *why* it's fine: it's a topical application, which is not
absorbed through the skin. Beyond that, most antifungals are generally
pretty harmless. I mean obviously you don't want to eat them, but even if
you got a little bit in your mouth (and this stuff won't pass into your milk
anyway so that's not a risk) the most it would do is probably kill some
yeast in baby's digestive tract.

--angela

Marnie
December 9th 03, 07:25 PM
"Kim &Tim" > wrote in message

> I will call my breastfeeding hotline, but it isn't open for a few
> hours. Does anyone know if this is safe/not safe?

It's safe. I used it with ped approval when my DD was an infant.

And hey, let us know if it works!
--
Marnie