PDA

View Full Version : Caterpillar's 6mo wbv

Phoebe & Allyson
December 10th 03, 08:08 PM
Caterpillar is well.

She weighs 16 pounds, 14 ounces (7.7kg), is 28.5" tall
(72cm), and has a 43.5cm head. Her weight has dropped to
the 50th percentile (from 75th), but she's still off the
charts for height and 75th percentile for head. What a tall
skinny girl we have. :)

After 2.5 weeks with no nasty dark-green poop, she also had
no blood in the sample I took in. Yay! And the anal
fissure, which was causing the bleeding, has also
disappeared. Since fissures in babies this young normally
clear up on their own in 2-4 weeks, and this one had been
around for more than 8 weeks, there would have been cause
for concern if it were still there.

The only flu shots they had left were the thimerosal-free
ones (FluZone), but they had so few they were saving them
for babies who go to daycare. So Caterpillar will probably
go without a flu shot this year, since they've become very
hard to find. We did have a DTaP, but that was the only shot.

Her range of motion issues seem to be almost completely
resolved with the 3 sessions of osteopathic manipulation
she's had so far, so we'll wait 2 months before the next
one. After this manipulation, she slept for nearly 2 hours,
including through lunch in a noisy restaurant.

Phoebe :)
--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Anne Rogers
December 10th 03, 09:46 PM
> She weighs 16 pounds, 14 ounces (7.7kg), is 28.5" tall
> (72cm), and has a 43.5cm head. Her weight has dropped to
> the 50th percentile (from 75th), but she's still off the
> charts for height and 75th percentile for head. What a tall
> skinny girl we have. :)

glad to hear everything is going well, we don't have an "official" 6 month
check here in the UK, but I have some data anyway, weight was 13 pounds,
which is just under 6 kilos, he's 25 inches tall, and if I remember
rightly 43cm head circumference

KC
December 11th 03, 08:20 AM
Sounds like she is doing good. I don't remember the exact numbers of
length and weight (and am to lazy to look them up), but Jessi was 90%
for head and length and 75% for weight. I thought she was tall and
thin, but it sounds like Caterpillar is even moreso. Jessi's big
sister always had a bigger weight percentage than height, so I was
used to a chubby baby.

I got Jessi the flu shot.

KC