PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix this?

Melissa
December 11th 03, 04:22 AM
I have what looks like a blister on the tip of my nipple. It hurts really
badly most of the times, but nearly brings me to tears when DD nurses on
that breast.

What can I do? I'm going to make an appointment with an LC tomorrow (it's
Wednesday night now) but would love to hear from someone with a magic cure.
I've been gobbing Lansinoh on it to no avail. HELP, I'm in agony.

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Chotii
December 11th 03, 05:24 AM
"Melissa" > wrote in message
> I have what looks like a blister on the tip of my nipple. It hurts really
> badly most of the times, but nearly brings me to tears when DD nurses on
> that breast.
>
> What can I do? I'm going to make an appointment with an LC tomorrow (it's
> Wednesday night now) but would love to hear from someone with a magic
cure.
> I've been gobbing Lansinoh on it to no avail. HELP, I'm in agony.

Can you describe the blister, Melissa? Is it white, full of milk? Clear,
full of serum/watery fluid? Scabby-looking?

If it's full of milk, it's called a 'bleb' or a milk blister. Yes, those are
excrutiating! I had one that I had to repeatedly open and drain until it
quit closing up/refilling. Sterilize a needle and carefully
pierce/rupture/otherwise open the bleb, then either hand-express the milk,
or get baby to nurse. You'll be amazed how rapidly the pain will go away.
If it's some other kind of blister, get back to us (get back to us anyway,
that's why we're here!) and we'll see if we can help.

--angela

Melissa
December 11th 03, 04:04 PM
THANK YOU!!!! It's full of milk so when my nails dry (don't even ask) I'll
'pop' it with a sterile needle.

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03