PDA

View Full Version : Moo's poo's and solids

teapot
December 11th 03, 04:43 PM
Well its day 4 of solids. Or more truthfully, it's day 4 of meticulous
preparation of extremely nice vegatables and the splattering of every
surface with the same. Moo got about 1/4 of a teaspoon of potato in
today without spitting it out. He's not overly impressed and I get
the feeling that he is relieved when he gets the boob afterwards that
the stupid woman has stopped messing around. So I'm treating it as a
game and I don't mind if he eats it or not.

I got a bit excited to see some solid bits in his poo yesterday but on
closer inspection (yes I know, I must get a life) it turned out to be
paper.

When will the real poo kick in, how much does he have to eat to affect
it?

I am armed and ready with the nappy liners!

teapot and the Moo 8th June 03

Andrea
December 11th 03, 06:52 PM
"teapot" wrote in message ...

> Well its day 4 of solids. Or more truthfully, it's day 4 of meticulous
> preparation of extremely nice vegatables and the splattering of every
> surface with the same. Moo got about 1/4 of a teaspoon of potato in
> today without spitting it out. He's not overly impressed and I get
> the feeling that he is relieved when he gets the boob afterwards that
> the stupid woman has stopped messing around. So I'm treating it as a
> game and I don't mind if he eats it or not.

Kami is on day 3 of solids. On day 1 he had mash, but hated it. So on day 2
I cooked a mix of veggis, potatos, baby carrots broccoli and cauliflower
with a dash of leek and he loved it! Had a bit more flavour.
Today he had bannana and hated it, it's quite a contrast from boobylicious.

> I got a bit excited to see some solid bits in his poo yesterday but on
> closer inspection (yes I know, I must get a life) it turned out to be
> paper.
>
> When will the real poo kick in, how much does he have to eat to affect
> it?

Kamis poop is still the same. I found with my other 4 that constipation
kicked in early, with big hard poo's that made their bums bleed. That was
down to dreaded packet stuff, but I am only ever giving good old homemade
veggies and fruits this time. I had a big cooking session, froze the food in
ice cube trays, then put the cubes in a freezer bag.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 6 months still nursing strong
with 2 teeth!

Dawn Lawson
December 11th 03, 06:57 PM
Andrea wrote:

> "teapot" wrote in message ...
>

>>Well its day 4 of solids. Or more truthfully, it's day 4 of meticulous
>>preparation of extremely nice vegatables and the splattering of every
>>surface with the same. Moo got about 1/4 of a teaspoon of potato in
>>today without spitting it out. He's not overly impressed and I get
>>the feeling that he is relieved when he gets the boob afterwards that
>>the stupid woman has stopped messing around. So I'm treating it as a
>>game and I don't mind if he eats it or not.
>

> Kami is on day 3 of solids. On day 1 he had mash, but hated it. So on day 2
> I cooked a mix of veggis, potatos, baby carrots broccoli and cauliflower
> with a dash of leek and he loved it!

You don't think that given his history of food reactions and your family
history of allergies and other disorders linked by some to food
intolerances that you might be wise to follow the standard suggestion to
introduce one food at a time for a few days at a time and stick to low
allergen foods??

(Not to mention that cruciform veggies may not be a good starting point,
imo.)

Dawn

Elana Kehoe
December 11th 03, 07:15 PM
teapot > wrote:

> When will the real poo kick in, how much does he have to eat to affect
> it?

You will never be ready for it. Take the time and smell the
sweet-smelling poo. That solid stuff is radioactive.
--
It's Tis Herself

zeldabee
December 11th 03, 07:18 PM
teapot was all, like:

> I got a bit excited to see some solid bits in his poo yesterday but on
> closer inspection (yes I know, I must get a life) it turned out to be
> paper.

This is funny on so many levels...

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/

Circe
December 11th 03, 07:36 PM
"zeldabee" > wrote in message
> teapot was all, like:
>
> > I got a bit excited to see some solid bits in his poo yesterday but on
> > closer inspection (yes I know, I must get a life) it turned out to be
> > paper.
>
> This is funny on so many levels...

Once, when Julian was a baby, he got hold of my grocery list and chewed off
and swallowed a rather large piece of it. The next day, it emerged, still
legible <g>...
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [a quarter to 2] mom)

"Custom fabracation" -- Auto body shop sign

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!

zeldabee
December 11th 03, 08:30 PM
Circe was all, like:
> "zeldabee" > wrote ...
>> teapot was all, like:
>>
>>> I got a bit excited to see some solid bits in his poo yesterday but
>>> on closer inspection (yes I know, I must get a life) it turned out
>>> to be paper.
>>
>> This is funny on so many levels...
>>
> Once, when Julian was a baby, he got hold of my grocery list and
> chewed off and swallowed a rather large piece of it. The next day, it
> emerged, still legible <g>...

LOL...I'm waiting for something like this to happen...Sprogly's 3 months
old, and has just started putting things in his mouth. Wadded up used
tissues mostly.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m
http://NewsReader.Com/

Andrea
December 11th 03, 09:14 PM
Andrea wrote:

Kami is on day 3 of solids. On day 1 he had mash, but hated it. So on day 2
I cooked a mix of veggies, potatoes, baby carrots broccoli and cauliflower
with a dash of leek and he loved it!

and Dawn moaned

You don't think that given his history of food reactions and your family
history of allergies and other disorders linked by some to food
intolerances that you might be wise to follow the standard suggestion to
introduce one food at a time for a few days at a time and stick to low
allergen foods??

(Not to mention that cruciform veggies may not be a good starting point,
imo.)

Dawn

Well I am happy, no eczema. Just for the record the only allergy in Kamron
and his brother Joseph is a milk allergy, so I will be steering well clear
of all dairy. The veggies are just fine.

Thanks anyway for your concern, or is it?

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 6 months still nursing strong
with 2 teeth!

Dawn Lawson
December 11th 03, 11:43 PM
Andrea wrote:

> Andrea wrote:
>
> Kami is on day 3 of solids. On day 1 he had mash, but hated it. So on day 2
> I cooked a mix of veggies, potatoes, baby carrots broccoli and cauliflower
> with a dash of leek and he loved it!
>
> and Dawn moaned
>
> You don't think that given his history of food reactions and your family
> history of allergies and other disorders linked by some to food
> intolerances that you might be wise to follow the standard suggestion to
> introduce one food at a time for a few days at a time and stick to low
> allergen foods??
>
> (Not to mention that cruciform veggies may not be a good starting point,
> imo.)
>
> Dawn
>
> Well I am happy, no eczema. Just for the record the only allergy in Kamron
> and his brother Joseph is a milk allergy, so I will be steering well clear
> of all dairy. The veggies are just fine.
>
> Thanks anyway for your concern, or is it?

Must be a full friggin' moon comin' on.....

You do what you want with solids, no matter what the general consensus
is wrt allergy status (and yes, one allergy is enough to merit concern).
FWIW, some readings I've seen have suggested a link between ADHD or
autism, and food intolerences.

I suppose I COULD be the only person here who thinks your suggestions
are poor advice.....I'm thinking not.

Dawn

DeliciousTruffles
December 12th 03, 12:52 AM
teapot wrote:

> I got a bit excited to see some solid bits in his poo yesterday but on
> closer inspection (yes I know, I must get a life) it turned out to be
> paper.

Just before Katerina turned 2 yo, she ingested some non-toxic crayon. I
didn't know she had sampled the crayon until the morning poo diaper
when I saw the Crayola crayon wrapper and the Neon Blue poo. :-D

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Akuvikate
December 12th 03, 01:49 AM
(teapot) wrote in message >...
> Well its day 4 of solids. Or more truthfully, it's day 4 of meticulous
> preparation of extremely nice vegatables and the splattering of every
> surface with the same. Moo got about 1/4 of a teaspoon of potato in
> today without spitting it out. He's not overly impressed and I get
> the feeling that he is relieved when he gets the boob afterwards that
> the stupid woman has stopped messing around. So I'm treating it as a
> game and I don't mind if he eats it or not.
>
> I got a bit excited to see some solid bits in his poo yesterday but on
> closer inspection (yes I know, I must get a life) it turned out to be
> paper.
>
> When will the real poo kick in, how much does he have to eat to affect
> it?
>
> I am armed and ready with the nappy liners!
>
> teapot and the Moo 8th June 03

I can relate, I'm avidly watching Bug's poops as we start new stuff.
When it was just the rice mush, things weren't much different. Maybe
a bit on the thicker/smellier side, but well within range of her
previous poops. The night we started prunes, she had a dark purple
poop. And three days post banana (she didn't poop for three days) she
had a thick poop full of black banana seed (that was a stinker!).
Today we started carrots, we'll see what that brings. And we're going
to stick with some daily prunes to "keep her honest", as her ped put
it.

As you can see from the above, you're not the only one obsessing about
your baby's poops!

Kate
and the Bug, June 8 2003

Andrea
December 12th 03, 08:20 AM
"Dawn Lawson" > wrote in message

> Andrea wrote:
>
> > Andrea wrote:
> >
> > Kami is on day 3 of solids. On day 1 he had mash, but hated it. So on
day 2
> > I cooked a mix of veggies, potatoes, baby carrots broccoli and
cauliflower
> > with a dash of leek and he loved it!
> >
> > and Dawn moaned
> >
> > You don't think that given his history of food reactions and your
family
> > history of allergies and other disorders linked by some to food
> > intolerances that you might be wise to follow the standard suggestion
> > introduce one food at a time for a few days at a time and stick to low
> > allergen foods??
> >
> > (Not to mention that cruciform veggies may not be a good starting
point,
> > imo.)
> >
> > Dawn
> >
> > Well I am happy, no eczema. Just for the record the only allergy in
Kamron
> > and his brother Joseph is a milk allergy, so I will be steering well
clear
> > of all dairy. The veggies are just fine.
> >
> > Thanks anyway for your concern, or is it?
>
> Must be a full friggin' moon comin' on.....
>
> You do what you want with solids, no matter what the general consensus
> is wrt allergy status (and yes, one allergy is enough to merit concern).
> FWIW, some readings I've seen have suggested a link between ADHD or
> autism, and food intolerences.
>
> I suppose I COULD be the only person here who thinks your suggestions
> are poor advice.....I'm thinking not.
>

> Dawn

Oh come on Dawn! I just said what I do, not what others should do. God if I
said I'm gonna jump of a cliff at 12pm d you think OI may end up being
responsible for a mass newsgroup user deaths?

Also suggested links. Look Dawn you aint my dr or my bloody mentor so sod
off!

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 6 months still nursing strong
with 2 teeth!

Anne Rogers
December 12th 03, 09:45 AM
I'm not sure quite how much I've said in other posts, but after getting
back to exclusive breastfeeding things got quite bad about 3 weeks ago, I
had I very sudden relapse of my PPD, was very stupid, took too many
antidepressants, ended up in hospital on a heart monitor and unable to
breastfeed due to drugs in my system. At this point we had a reasonable
freezer stash, but we exhausted it before I was able to feed again so dh
had to get some formula for ds. I did pump as much as I could manage,
about 3 times per day to keep my supply up and as soon as I could started
feeding again.

Now when he is with me he only has mummy milk, but 4 mornings per week he
is at the childminder whilst I work, partly because I've been feeling so
bad until a couple of days ago (I was off work until the beginning of this
week) I've just not been bothering pumping much and when I have the output
has been quite low, so it's been used to make up food for ds (6.5 months)
and he's been having a bottle of formula at the childminder.

Now I'm starting to feel the effect of the new anti depressants and am
generally much improved and I'm wanting to get him off that formula at the
childminders, so I need to pump more milk. At the moment I'm not pumping
at all at work, it would be difficult to do this as I work 4 hours I get a
12 minute break, if I was to extend the day a little to get a longer break
to pump in I'd have a strong chance of missing another feed which would
defeat the point! Leaving me with 12 minutes to do everything, which
doesn't really seem possible, I currently don't know if there is anywhere
I can go with a plug socket to double pump and I doubt it would be worth
it, I work in a big building, it could be easily 2 mins there, 2 mins back
leaving 8 mins to pump. The other option is pumping with my Isis in the
loo (it's actually quite spacious so I don't mind this and it's right next
door to my office), the problem with that is it gives me sore nipples! I
can get 5mins each side no problem and I tend to let down well for the
Isis, just I get sore nipples, so any tips for using the Isis would be
good.

Pumping before I leave for work also doesn't seem to work, I pump one side
whilst he eats from the other then swap, though he seems satisfied, most
of the times I've done this I've returned to find he's eaten 2 bottles not
one, thus defeating the object of that pumping session.

What I'm going to to from this afternoon on is pump one side whilst
feeding him and swap every daytime feed (probably 2 sessions, when I get
home and late afternoon), fingers crossed this will produce enough to
provide a bottle for the next day.

Basically I just need any tips possible to get the maximum milk I can.

Thanks

Anne

Mary W.
December 12th 03, 03:23 PM
Anne Rogers wrote:

> Pumping before I leave for work also doesn't seem to work, I pump one side
> whilst he eats from the other then swap, though he seems satisfied, most
> of the times I've done this I've returned to find he's eaten 2 bottles not
> one, thus defeating the object of that pumping session.

I'm sorry for your troubles and I hope the new antidepressant works for you.
This would suck, but could you try and wake up a couple of hours before
his morning feed and pump then? Your production should be high, and it
would give you a chance to 'refill' before his morning feed. Oh, and try
to pump in the mornings on weekends, to build up some milk for the week.
And the first feed when you pick him up - definately pump one side while
he nurses on the other, especially if you don't pump at work, so you should
have plenty stored up.

In not too long, your baby will be old enough that solids can hold him
during the day (especially since you work part time), and you may not
need a bottle at all.

As for the ISIS - are you using the insert? Maybe try pumping without it.
Also, might the flange be too small for you? I don't think there's anything
you can do about that, but I believe Medela has a new handpump that
can use different size flanges.

Good luck!

Mary

kristi
December 12th 03, 03:32 PM
Anne Rogers > wrote in message >...
> I'm not sure quite how much I've said in other posts, but after getting
> back to exclusive breastfeeding things got quite bad about 3 weeks ago, I
> had I very sudden relapse of my PPD, was very stupid, took too many
> antidepressants, ended up in hospital on a heart monitor and unable to
> breastfeed due to drugs in my system. At this point we had a reasonable
> freezer stash, but we exhausted it before I was able to feed again so dh
> had to get some formula for ds. I did pump as much as I could manage,
> about 3 times per day to keep my supply up and as soon as I could started
> feeding again.
>
> Now when he is with me he only has mummy milk, but 4 mornings per week he
> is at the childminder whilst I work, partly because I've been feeling so
> bad until a couple of days ago (I was off work until the beginning of this
> week) I've just not been bothering pumping much and when I have the output
> has been quite low, so it's been used to make up food for ds (6.5 months)
> and he's been having a bottle of formula at the childminder.
>
> Now I'm starting to feel the effect of the new anti depressants and am
> generally much improved and I'm wanting to get him off that formula at the
> childminders, so I need to pump more milk. At the moment I'm not pumping
> at all at work, it would be difficult to do this as I work 4 hours I get a
> 12 minute break, if I was to extend the day a little to get a longer break
> to pump in I'd have a strong chance of missing another feed which would
> defeat the point! Leaving me with 12 minutes to do everything, which
> doesn't really seem possible, I currently don't know if there is anywhere
> I can go with a plug socket to double pump and I doubt it would be worth
> it, I work in a big building, it could be easily 2 mins there, 2 mins back
> leaving 8 mins to pump. The other option is pumping with my Isis in the
> loo (it's actually quite spacious so I don't mind this and it's right next
> door to my office), the problem with that is it gives me sore nipples! I
> can get 5mins each side no problem and I tend to let down well for the
> Isis, just I get sore nipples, so any tips for using the Isis would be
> good.
>
> Pumping before I leave for work also doesn't seem to work, I pump one side
> whilst he eats from the other then swap, though he seems satisfied, most
> of the times I've done this I've returned to find he's eaten 2 bottles not
> one, thus defeating the object of that pumping session.
>
> What I'm going to to from this afternoon on is pump one side whilst
> feeding him and swap every daytime feed (probably 2 sessions, when I get
> home and late afternoon), fingers crossed this will produce enough to
> provide a bottle for the next day.
>
> Basically I just need any tips possible to get the maximum milk I can.
>
> Thanks
>
> Anne

Anne,

this is doable. Check out the pumpmoms group on yahoo groups-- there
are lots of files there and support from folks who pump all or
part-time.

The immediate things that come to mind for me are: 1) get an extra
(or two) set(s) of horns for your double-electric pump so you can set
up and break down faster, and just tote the horns home and wash them
at night. 2) Get a battery pack, too. Then you can pump anywhere,
basically. I don't know what kind of pump you have, but the Medela has
a battery pack available for about $20. 3)eat oatmeal and drink lots
of water to help increase your supply. 4) can you get up first thing
in the morning and pump before babe eats? That is when your hormones
are highest, and your supply usually is, too. And since babies are
much more efficient than the pump, you can get milk pumped and your
body will still produce enough for the babe.

HTH. Good luck to you.
Kristi

Dawn Lawson
December 12th 03, 03:53 PM
Andrea wrote:

> "Dawn Lawson" > wrote in message
>

>>>with a dash of leek and he loved it!
>>>
>>>and Dawn moaned
>>>
>>> You don't think that given his history of food reactions and your
>
> family
>
>>> history of allergies and other disorders linked by some to food
>>> intolerances that you might be wise to follow the standard suggestion

>>> introduce one food at a time for a few days at a time and stick to low
>>> allergen foods??
>>>
>>> (Not to mention that cruciform veggies may not be a good starting
>
> point,
>
>>> imo.)
>>>
>>> Dawn
>>>
>>>Well I am happy, no eczema. Just for the record the only allergy in
>
> Kamron
>
>>>and his brother Joseph is a milk allergy, so I will be steering well
>
> clear
>
>>>of all dairy. The veggies are just fine.
>>>
>>>Thanks anyway for your concern, or is it?
>>
>>Must be a full friggin' moon comin' on.....
>>
>>You do what you want with solids, no matter what the general consensus
>>is wrt allergy status (and yes, one allergy is enough to merit concern).
>> FWIW, some readings I've seen have suggested a link between ADHD or
>>autism, and food intolerences.
>>
>>I suppose I COULD be the only person here who thinks your suggestions
>>are poor advice.....I'm thinking not.
>>

>>Dawn
>>

> Oh come on Dawn! I just said what I do, not what others should do. God if I
> said I'm gonna jump of a cliff at 12pm d you think OI may end up being
> responsible for a mass newsgroup user deaths?

Isn't it you who is advising pregnant teens? is this your tack with
them too?

> Also suggested links. Look Dawn you aint my dr or my bloody mentor so sod
> off!

Welcome to UseNet.
NO one here is your dr.
you chose your own mentor.

Dawn

Anne Rogers
December 12th 03, 04:09 PM
> The immediate things that come to mind for me are: 1) get an extra
> (or two) set(s) of horns for your double-electric pump so you can set
> up and break down faster, and just tote the horns home and wash them
> at night. 2) Get a battery pack, too. Then you can pump anywhere,
> basically. I don't know what kind of pump you have, but the Medela has
> a battery pack available for about $20. 3)eat oatmeal and drink lots
> of water to help increase your supply. 4) can you get up first thing
> in the morning and pump before babe eats? That is when your hormones
> are highest, and your supply usually is, too. And since babies are
> much more efficient than the pump, you can get milk pumped and your
> body will still produce enough for the babe.

1) not a prob, I keep everything in the fridge and was daily
2) good idea, now why didn't I think of that!
3) does any liquid count? I've been taking some meds that have a side
effect of a nasty taste in the mouth, and water tastes awful, I'm drinking
a lot of diluted grapefruit juice and eating a lot of curry!
4) so far anything I have tried in the morning has had about a 90% result
of ds eating an extra bottle whilst I am away from him, so balances out at
no point in doing it, better to get the sleep!

thanks for your help, I'll check out pumpmoms too

Anne Rogers
December 12th 03, 04:12 PM
> I'm sorry for your troubles and I hope the new antidepressant works for you.
> This would suck, but could you try and wake up a couple of hours before
> his morning feed and pump then? Your production should be high, and it
> would give you a chance to 'refill' before his morning feed. Oh, and try
> to pump in the mornings on weekends, to build up some milk for the week.
> And the first feed when you pick him up - definately pump one side while
> he nurses on the other, especially if you don't pump at work, so you should
> have plenty stored up.

I could theoretically, but in the end I've got to balance out whether it
is really worth it, rest is a really important part of my recovery from
PPD.

> In not too long, your baby will be old enough that solids can hold him
> during the day (especially since you work part time), and you may not
> need a bottle at all.

even on the tiny amount he is consuming now he's now often leaving a
little in his bottle, not draining it.

> As for the ISIS - are you using the insert? Maybe try pumping without it.
> Also, might the flange be too small for you? I don't think there's anything
> you can do about that, but I believe Medela has a new handpump that
> can use different size flanges.

no I'm not, I think the flange is too short as after I've pumped for a
while my nipples touches the end, also I think I can build up to much of a
vacuum.

Andrea
December 12th 03, 06:48 PM
I wrote and Dawn chimed in again (as usual)

> > Oh come on Dawn! I just said what I do, not what others should do. God
if I
> > said I'm gonna jump of a cliff at 12pm d you think OI may end up being
> > responsible for a mass newsgroup user deaths?
>
> Isn't it you who is advising pregnant teens? is this your tack with
> them too?

I never tell people what to do. I tell my story to share my experience. I
don't advice teens with regard to solids, as we offer support for 3 months.
Also even if I did I would follow the guidelines set by health proffesionals
here in UK not you.
..

> > Also suggested links. Look Dawn you aint my dr or my bloody mentor so
sod
> > off!
>
> Welcome to UseNet.
> NO one here is your dr.
> you chose your own mentor.
>
> Dawn

Well why do you follow my replies to other peoples posts and reply to them?
How would you like it if I followed every reply post you wrote, and chimed
in where you didn't want me?

I know i'm not the only one, I have seen some of your negative responses to
other people, but I don't write some bitchy post to you I butt out.

Why don't you give it a try?

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 6 months still nursing strong
with 2 teeth!

Dawn Lawson
December 12th 03, 06:59 PM
Andrea wrote:

> I wrote and Dawn chimed in again (as usual)
>

>>>Oh come on Dawn! I just said what I do, not what others should do. God
>
> if I
>
>>>said I'm gonna jump of a cliff at 12pm d you think OI may end up being
>>>responsible for a mass newsgroup user deaths?
>>
>>Isn't it you who is advising pregnant teens? is this your tack with
>>them too?
>

> I never tell people what to do. I tell my story to share my experience. I
> don't advice teens with regard to solids, as we offer support for 3 months.

Your advice to someone here wrt early bottles and nipple confusion
wasn't very accurate...and yet you shrieked about being corrected on that.

> Also even if I did I would follow the guidelines set by health proffesionals
> here in UK not you.

And they say what? **6 months** before solids. Doesn't seem you're
following THAT advice, either.

>>Welcome to UseNet.
>>NO one here is your dr.
>>you chose your own mentor.
>>
>>Dawn
>>

> Well why do you follow my replies to other peoples posts and reply to them?

I replly to a LOT of posts. Only you and a very similar poster from
another list have become freaky about it.

> How would you like it if I followed every reply post you wrote, and chimed
> in where you didn't want me?

*shrug* it's usenet. You do what you want to do.

> I know i'm not the only one, I have seen some of your negative responses to
> other people, but I don't write some bitchy post to you I butt out.

I'm sorry, was this an example of you butting out?

My negative responses are to a woman who is seeking support for a
selfish decision to quit bfding because she and her DH don't want to
make changes to their lifestyle until things settle into a pattern, and
wants this breastfeeding group to validate her in that decision.

and I commented on your decision to ignore standard and oft repeated
advice from many sources regarding starting solids, and instead give
many foods at once to your DS within the first two days, regardless of
the family history of food allergies, etc. How will you know what
causes a problem if/when something does??

Last time you did this, you were back two days later saying that what
many had said to you here, despite a flurry of nastiness from you at
their advice, was accurate.

Dawn

Emily Roysdon
December 12th 03, 07:19 PM
Anne Rogers wrote:

> Basically I just need any tips possible to get the maximum milk I can.

I have no experience with pumping, but I want to wish you the best of
luck in getting back to exclusive breastmilk feeding. You're such a
trooper, Anne, despite what you've been through, and I really hope you
succeed. Is there any chance you could be a SAHM for a bit, instead of
having so much pressure to pump and provide EBM for your son when you're
still recovering? Just a thought I had when reading your post...

Emily

Andrea
December 12th 03, 08:18 PM
"Dawn Lawson" wrote in message ...

> Andrea wrote:
>
> > I wrote and Dawn chimed in again (as usual)

> > if I

> >>Isn't it you who is advising pregnant teens? is this your tack with
> >>them too?
> >

> > I never tell people what to do. I tell my story to share my experience.
> > don't advice teens with regard to solids, as we offer support for 3
months.

> Your advice to someone here wrt early bottles and nipple confusion
> wasn't very accurate...and yet you shrieked about being corrected on that.

Again I shared my story nothing more.

> > Also even if I did I would follow the guidelines set by health
proffesionals
> > here in UK not you.
>
> And they say what? **6 months** before solids. Doesn't seem you're
> following THAT advice, either.

What? Kami is more than 6 months now.

> >>Welcome to UseNet.
> >>NO one here is your dr.
> >>you chose your own mentor.
> >>
> >>Dawn
> >>

> > Well why do you follow my replies to other peoples posts and reply to
them?

> I replly to a LOT of posts. Only you and a very similar poster from
> another list have become freaky about it.

Oh yes you were stalking her.

> > How would you like it if I followed every reply post you wrote, and
chimed
> > in where you didn't want me?
>
> *shrug* it's usenet. You do what you want to do.

It's such a shame you have to be so bitter? Are you like that in real life
too?

> > I know i'm not the only one, I have seen some of your negative responses
> > other people, but I don't write some bitchy post to you I butt out.
>
> I'm sorry, was this an example of you butting out?

I am repling to you, replying to my post to another person Hardly the same
as you now.

> My negative responses are to a woman who is seeking support for a
> selfish decision to quit bfding because she and her DH don't want to
> make changes to their lifestyle until things settle into a pattern, and
> wants this breastfeeding group to validate her in that decision.

Get you Ms judgemental. You can't save everyone Dawn, or rather bully
people into being like you.

> and I commented on your decision to ignore standard and oft repeated
> advice from many sources regarding starting solids, and instead give
> many foods at once to your DS within the first two days, regardless of
> the family history of food allergies, etc. How will you know what
> causes a problem if/when something does??

It hasn't. The boring plain potatoe he wouldn't touch. The mixed veggies are
all he has had eversince. I made a big batch and froze it. Fruits I will do
one at a time. Should I have just rammed the potato down him? He has sweet
tasting boobylicious. Plain old broccoli on it's own would be too yucky,
just like the potatoe.

> Last time you did this, you were back two days later saying that what
> many had said to you here, despite a flurry of nastiness from you at
> their advice, was accurate.
>
> Dawn

At least I can admit to my mistakes, unlike you.

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 6 months still nursing strong
with 2 teeth!

Anne Rogers
December 12th 03, 08:35 PM

> > Basically I just need any tips possible to get the maximum milk I can.
>
> I have no experience with pumping, but I want to wish you the best of
> luck in getting back to exclusive breastmilk feeding. You're such a
> trooper, Anne, despite what you've been through, and I really hope you
> succeed. Is there any chance you could be a SAHM for a bit, instead of
> having so much pressure to pump and provide EBM for your son when you're
> still recovering? Just a thought I had when reading your post...

work is actually a choice for me, at home all day every day would be a
disaster for me and without work we couldn't afford the childcare, as it
is I get to have some adult company and spend the afternoon with ds and he
usually naps for a portion of that, it's a balance that seems to be
working for me, other than the pumping milk issue

H Schinske
December 13th 03, 12:35 AM
No advice, Anne, just wanted to wish you the best. You're doing great. Take
care of yourself.

--Helen

Dawn Lawson
December 13th 03, 12:58 AM
Andrea wrote:

> Oh yes you were stalking her.

OH come OFF it. I was never stalking her.

SHE was convinced I was, which doesn't make it so.

However, should it be that she's emailing you privately, you are both
welcome to your delusions about my motives and mental state. I've never
stalked anyone. It might be interesting to note which person came
storming over here to continue her delusional postings in that
situation.....stalking??? hmmmm....

(However, FWIW as an aside, as someone so paranoid about BEING stalked,
one would think she (or anyone) should post rather LESS personal
information on the 'net....she has posted enough info to be easy for a
*real* stalker to find.)