PDA

View Full Version : Ok, we need a good one ;)

badgirl
December 11th 03, 05:47 PM
I'm notcing alot of problems being posted. I don't have any advice
really, but maybe a little bit of inspiration.

Nicolas will be 19 months on the 21st. It's been long and hard and sometimes
lately I feel like I'm ready to be done...but when it comes down to it I
know he isn't so I keep going. I look at his angel face when he is sleeping
or calm and I know that I am doing the best thing I can. Not everyone is in
the same kind of situation as me, I know that. I'm really lucky, I get to be
a SAHM, I don't have to worry about a schedule to follow, I don't have any
major obligations except munchkin, my older kids are WAY older and don't
require chasing after......I've got it really easy and I know it. That
doesnt mean though that the problems we had in the beginning weren't
difficult to deal with. I did pump and bottle feed for the first 6-8 weeks
or so because I was constantly in pain,cracked bleeding nipples for 8 weeks,
frustrated and crying quite often because I wasn't enjoying it at all. My
supply did a major dip around the 8 week growth spurt so not only was he
nursing more often but I wasn't making enough milk. I was about to give up
right then and there. Instead I RAN to the LC and asked advice, got sent
home with a list of things to help increase supply (got to smell like maple
syrup for 2 weeks...fenugreek yuck)
The point is, we made it to 19 months and we're still going ;)
I'm happy, Nicolas is healthy and so far things are going really well.
*here's a great big hug for anyone having a rough time, and a heartfelt
"there is light at the end of the tunnel"*

Jen

CY
December 11th 03, 09:26 PM
A lovely post! Thanks....
"badgirl" > wrote in message
> I'm notcing alot of problems being posted. I don't have any advice
> really, but maybe a little bit of inspiration.
>
> Nicolas will be 19 months on the 21st. It's been long and hard and
sometimes
> lately I feel like I'm ready to be done...but when it comes down to it I
> know he isn't so I keep going. I look at his angel face when he is
sleeping
> or calm and I know that I am doing the best thing I can. Not everyone is
in
> the same kind of situation as me, I know that. I'm really lucky, I get to
be
> a SAHM, I don't have to worry about a schedule to follow, I don't have any
> major obligations except munchkin, my older kids are WAY older and don't
> require chasing after......I've got it really easy and I know it. That
> doesnt mean though that the problems we had in the beginning weren't
> difficult to deal with. I did pump and bottle feed for the first 6-8 weeks
> or so because I was constantly in pain,cracked bleeding nipples for 8
weeks,
> frustrated and crying quite often because I wasn't enjoying it at all. My
> supply did a major dip around the 8 week growth spurt so not only was he
> nursing more often but I wasn't making enough milk. I was about to give up
> right then and there. Instead I RAN to the LC and asked advice, got sent
> home with a list of things to help increase supply (got to smell like
maple
> syrup for 2 weeks...fenugreek yuck)
> The point is, we made it to 19 months and we're still going ;)
> I'm happy, Nicolas is healthy and so far things are going really well.
> *here's a great big hug for anyone having a rough time, and a heartfelt
> "there is light at the end of the tunnel"*
>
> Jen

Elana Kehoe
December 11th 03, 10:05 PM
badgirl > wrote:

> The point is, we made it to 19 months and we're still going ;)
> I'm happy, Nicolas is healthy and so far things are going really well.
> *here's a great big hug for anyone having a rough time, and a heartfelt
> "there is light at the end of the tunnel"*

Whoo hoo! You go girl! You deserve every props that you get!
--
It's Tis Herself