PDA

View Full Version : Doll for 2 year old almost big sister

GoofeeGyrl
July 16th 03, 06:29 PM
Sophie is 2 years, 4 months old. I am expecting my next little one on Sept
7th. I don't know if it is because we have recently begun to talk a great deal
about her becoming a big sister, or if this is just something that little 2.25
year old girls are interested in, but she is really into babies right now. In
fact, the poor dog is her "baby" on most occasions, being covered in a blanket
and cuddled at Sophie's whim, calling Mia (the dog) her baby.

I would like to get her a baby doll of her own, but have no idea how to go
about this. Should I wait until the baby comes? Should I let her pick the doll
out on her own? What kind of doll can you get a 2 year old? She currently has
some rag dolls but I would like to get something that looks more like a real
baby.

Any ideas about this whole thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Linda
Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
and girl #2, due Sept 7th

Tat
July 16th 03, 07:03 PM
"GoofeeGyrl" > wrote in message
> Sophie is 2 years, 4 months old. I am expecting my next little one on
Sept
> 7th. I don't know if it is because we have recently begun to talk a great
deal
> about her becoming a big sister, or if this is just something that little
2.25
> year old girls are interested in, but she is really into babies right now.
In
> fact, the poor dog is her "baby" on most occasions, being covered in a
blanket
> and cuddled at Sophie's whim, calling Mia (the dog) her baby.
>
> I would like to get her a baby doll of her own, but have no idea how to go
> about this. Should I wait until the baby comes? Should I let her pick the
doll
> out on her own? What kind of doll can you get a 2 year old? She currently
has
> some rag dolls but I would like to get something that looks more like a
real
> baby.
>
> Any ideas about this whole thing would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda
> Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
> and girl #2, due Sept 7th

When Kira was "into" babies, we bought her a "little" chou chou - by zapf
creations. It's has a life-like weightiness to it, doesn't look ugly -
although it does have dummy (don't know whether that's a problem for you? -
doesn't bother me, but I know some people are anti....)

HTH
Katie
Mummy to Rhian (7.5) and Kira (3)

Jarkat2002
July 16th 03, 08:23 PM
>Sophie is 2 years, 4 months old. I am expecting my next little one on Sept
>7th. I don't know if it is because we have recently begun to talk a great
>deal
>about her becoming a big sister, or if this is just something that little
>2.25
>year old girls are interested in, but she is really into babies right now.
>In
>fact, the poor dog is her "baby" on most occasions, being covered in a
>blanket
>and cuddled at Sophie's whim, calling Mia (the dog) her baby.
>
>I would like to get her a baby doll of her own, but have no idea how to go
>about this. Should I wait until the baby comes? Should I let her pick the
>doll
>out on her own? What kind of doll can you get a 2 year old? She currently
>has
>some rag dolls but I would like to get something that looks more like a real
>baby.
>
>Any ideas about this whole thing would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Linda

My DD was a little older when we had our 2nd child. We bought DD a doll, I
made the doll some diapers and bought her the maya wrap child's sling that is
like mine. When she came to the hospital to meet her little sister she got the
doll all wrapped up in a little hospital receiving blanket that was ready to
take home.
She loved the extra attention and when I change the real baby she often will
change her baby. (she also nurses her baby lol)
Good luck ... I have found it very interesting watching my older DD grow into
big sisterhood :)
~Kat

Planet Claire has pink air
All the trees are red
No one ever dies there
No one has a head

fi
July 17th 03, 11:11 AM
Our daughter was 2 yrs 4 months old when our son was born.
We bought her a doll when he was born, and gave it to her from him, as a
gift from his big sister.
She loved it!!
Then when I had to feed my baby, and change nappies, she could do the same.
We got her a baby born so she could be a real mum....
I think it helped her accept the second child very easily also.
All the best
Fiona

"GoofeeGyrl" > wrote in message
> Sophie is 2 years, 4 months old. I am expecting my next little one on
Sept
> 7th. I don't know if it is because we have recently begun to talk a great
deal
> about her becoming a big sister, or if this is just something that little
2.25
> year old girls are interested in, but she is really into babies right now.
In
> fact, the poor dog is her "baby" on most occasions, being covered in a
blanket
> and cuddled at Sophie's whim, calling Mia (the dog) her baby.
>
> I would like to get her a baby doll of her own, but have no idea how to go
> about this. Should I wait until the baby comes? Should I let her pick the
doll
> out on her own? What kind of doll can you get a 2 year old? She currently
has
> some rag dolls but I would like to get something that looks more like a
real
> baby.
>
> Any ideas about this whole thing would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Linda
> Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
> and girl #2, due Sept 7th

Ali's Daddie
July 17th 03, 03:49 PM
"GoofeeGyrl" > wrote in message
| Sophie is 2 years, 4 months old. I am expecting my next little one on
Sept
| 7th. I don't know if it is because we have recently begun to talk a great
deal
| about her becoming a big sister, or if this is just something that little
2.25
| year old girls are interested in, but she is really into babies right now.
In
| fact, the poor dog is her "baby" on most occasions, being covered in a
blanket
| and cuddled at Sophie's whim, calling Mia (the dog) her baby.
|
| I would like to get her a baby doll of her own, but have no idea how to go
| about this. Should I wait until the baby comes? Should I let her pick the
doll
| out on her own? What kind of doll can you get a 2 year old? She currently
has
| some rag dolls but I would like to get something that looks more like a
real
| baby.
|
| Any ideas about this whole thing would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Thanks!
|
| Linda
| Mommy to Sophie, 2 years
| and girl #2, due Sept 7th

Before Alegra was born, Jarrod and I bought Kris (our 3 1/2 year old niece)
several dolls.. ok, so we buy her stuff every day lol.

But the best dolls we found were some cheap ($5 for a set of 2 dolls and
accessories) wal mart dolls. The came with cute bottles that emptied and
refilled (I think they are called magic bottles?) and they have their own
diapers, etc.. They don't make any noise, but she seems to love them. And
when Alegra came home, Kris learned how to swaddle her babies and feed them
and everything, so she was able to "help" lol.

--

LES!

Daddie to Alegra Lee. May 25th 2003!
"Daddie's Little Diva"

before you reply to me via email, please remove your hat

Take a look at my eBay auctions I just might have something you can't live
without :-)
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/dads2003/

Karen
July 17th 03, 06:26 PM
On 16 Jul 2003 17:29:10 GMT, (GoofeeGyrl) wrote:

>I would like to get her a baby doll of her own, but have no idea how to go
>about this. Should I wait until the baby comes? Should I let her pick the doll
>out on her own? What kind of doll can you get a 2 year old? She currently has
>some rag dolls but I would like to get something that looks more like a real
>baby.

I have a younger sister who was born when I was a little over 2 and I
still remember my "baby doll" and a wonderful book that my mom got me
to go along with her. It was a Little Golden Book called "Baby
Dearest" and it had mom bringing home the new baby and a little girl
who copied everything mom did with HER baby doll. If you can still
find it - I don't know if it's still in print - it's a really special
title for a big sister. :-)

Best,

Karen

--
The Orange Cat: Calendar, advice & tips for busy families in the San Gabriel Valley
www.theorangecat.org

Karen G
July 22nd 03, 11:15 PM
Zapf has another doll call Zoe, that is 21 inches long (it wears 0-3
month) baby clothes. This doll doesn't make any noise, but its eyes do
open and close. Amazon has it.

Karen