Subject: Addt VOCAL sites and URL's and links WA, MO, MI
From: (Fern5827)
Date: 6/27/2003 11:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time

I did find

Washington http://www.geocities.com/vocalofseattle/home.html

Michigan http://www.concentric.net/~Vocalmi/

New York http://www.vocalny.org/

Missouri http://www.vocalofmo.org/

Montana http://www.geocities.com/vocalmt/

LaVonne Carlson
July 11th 03, 02:26 AM
Fern5827 wrote:

> Children are victims of the CPS industry, too. Even Dr. Richard Gelles, THE
> EXPERT on child abuse in the US lables the *Child protective industry* as no
> better than flipping a coin (in keeping children safe.)

Of course children are victims of CPS. Every time budget cuts take money out
of CPS rather than spend money to fund a better system and ensure more
qualified workers with smaller case loads, children are victims. And parents
are victims.

This is why I advocate a well-funded CPS system that allows hiring of qualified
workers with manageable caseloads. It's so easy to point fingers when one is
unwilling to pay for the fix.

LaVonne

July 11th 03, 05:43 AM
LaVonne Carlson > wrote:
> Fern5827 wrote:
>
> > Children are victims of the CPS industry, too. Even Dr. Richard
> > Gelles, THE EXPERT on child abuse in the US lables the *Child
> > protective industry* as no better than flipping a coin (in keeping
> > children safe.)
>
> Of course children are victims of CPS. Every time budget cuts take money
> out of CPS rather than spend money to fund a better system and ensure
> more qualified workers with smaller case loads, children are victims.
> And parents are victims.
>
> This is why I advocate a well-funded CPS system that allows hiring of
> qualified workers with manageable caseloads. It's so easy to point
> fingers when one is unwilling to pay for the fix.
>
> LaVonne
Speaking of finger pointing...I always thought truth and love was the fix.