PDA

View Full Version : Re: Why are we on Foster NG? B/c children *seized* that's why

Kane
July 27th 03, 05:15 PM
On 27 Jul 2003 12:40:25 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

>Dennis, thank you for commenting:
>
>Dennis wrote in ASFP thusly:
>
>>"Because"...it's a flawed system and families are hurt and
destroyed.
>> Children are killed. Because: it is there. Because...We 'ARE'
here...
>> and...We are not going to go away.
>>

>I have seen both children and families negatively impacted by what
seemed to be
>"help" given by CPS, DYFS, DHS, CYS, CYF.

I've seen folks negatively impacted by plumbers. On the other hand I'm
not prepared to lie about all plumbers by pretending that all can be
judged by the actions of the one.

>Prevention is FAR BETTER THAN CURES.

Money.

>Full funding of Preschool services, like Head Start and Early Head
Start are
>essential in poorer neighborhoods.

Are you lobbying your state legislature to this end? Do you write
letters to the editor proposing more taxes for this purpose. Are you
aware that these are federal programs and that strings are attached to
federal dollars that some states do not want to leave in the hands of
the feds to be pulled on the whim of crackpots like you?

>Especially with TANF restrictions, children deserve a trained eye
which helps
>beleagured families far more than POLICE STATE TACTICS.

Then why do you pursue exactly the path, and support exactly the
programs and acitivities that would result in more police state
powers?

You freqently squeak that CPS should do this, or that, but you seem to
shut your little Petals and go to sleep whenever you are asked to show
how such things will be funded, or you join in the lies and claim CPS
already has more than enough money.

Nobody here needs to be convinced that more and better prevention
services, and support to families is needed. You just keep standing
there babbling about it as though everyone else should do something
while you Sway in the wind of your hot air.

Stoneman

Greg Hanson
July 30th 03, 09:39 AM
Kane:
Would you advocate for massive undercover operations including
bugging and taped telephone calls, by a contractor for some
powerful federal authority like, say US DHHS OIG?
(Justified since US Civil Rights are at stake!!)

To weed out the crooked and unethical caseworkers from the
good ones you're talking about?

Offer them a big bounty for each bad apple they find too.
It works for Child Protection agencies.

My family has had three that we can identify, and two or
three who cycled through so fast they didn't even get identified.

Given that the malfeasance and abuses are on paper
and would be obvious to any ethical worker, do you
think all three would qualify as corrupt?
None tried to correct proven false information.

I wonder if the two or three unknown caseworkers
might have "passed" on the case because it was so
obviously unethical and wrong??

Where do you draw the line on who is guilty of
malfeasance in these jobs of "playing god with families"?
Would you count the ones who just "go along" also?
(Perpetuate what they know is wrong?)