PDA

View Full Version : NY state site for families harmed by DSS, ACS, CPS

Fern5827
August 10th 03, 06:00 PM
http://www.vocalinfo.org

Large rally will be held 8-18 nr Poughkeepsie for families harmed by DSS'
interventions in New York.

Network against a monolithic state agency which charges Dad for *educational
neglect* because he chose to send brainy teen to college, instead of HS.

Newsgroup alt support child protective service

LaVonne Carlson
August 14th 03, 01:29 AM
Fern,

This is a CPS rant and needs to be posted on the correct ng.

You say: "Network against a monolithic state agency which charges Dad for
*educational
neglect* because he chose to send brainy teen to college, instead of HS."

Are you objecting to all CPS involvement are are you truly thinking about the
issues you present? There are good reasons for advancing gifted children, and
there are good reasons for not advancing gifted children. By the way, I tend
to prefer the term "gifted" over your "brainy teen" term. We do not know what
a "brainy teen" is, but there are fairly well established criteria for
"gifted."

What choice one makes when one is raising a gifted child depends upon the
child. It's ignorant to over generalize the way you do, Fern.

LaVonne