Kane
September 20th 03, 04:18 PM
http://www.preventchildabuse.com/abuse.htm

For more information,
call 800.924.2643

FREQUENTLY
ASKED QUESTIONS
What is child abuse?
Child abuse is any mistreatment or neglect of a child that results in
non-accidental harm or injury and which cannot be reasonably explained
.. Child abuse can include: physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual
abuse and neglect.

How many children are reported and investigated for abuse or neglect?
In 2001, Child Protective Service (CPS) agencies investigated more
than 3.25 million reports of child abuse and neglect throughout the
United States. This is an increase of 2 percent from the previous
year. Teachers, law enforcement officers, social service workers and
physicians made 56 percent of the reports.

How Many children are victims of maltreatment?
In 2001, CPS agencies determined approximately 1.1 million children
were victims of substantiated or indicated child abuse and neglect.
The term "substantiated" means that an allegation of maltreatment was
confirmed according to the level of evidence required by the State law
or State policy. The term "indicated" is an investigation finding used
by some States when there is insufficient evidence to substantiate a
case under State law or policy, but there is reason to suspect that
maltreatment occurred or that there is risk of future maltreatment.

Is the number of abused or neglected children increasing?
Nationally, the number of victims of substantiated or indicated
maltreatment decreased between 1996 and 1997, from slightly over one
million (1,030,751) to just under one million (984,000) Previously,
the rate of maltreatment had been on the increase between 1990 and
1996, with an overall increase for that period of 18 percent.

What are the most common types of maltreatment?
Neglect is the most common form of child maltreatment. CPS
investigations determine that 63 percent of victims in 2001 suffered
neglect; 19 percent, physical abuse; 10 percent, sexual abuse; and 8
percent, emotional maltreatment.

How many children die each year from child abuse?
Based on data reported by CPS agencies in 2001, it is estimated that
nationwide, 2,000 children died as a result of abuse or neglect. based
on this number, five to six children die each day as a result of child
abuse or neglect. Of these fatalities, 85 percent were children
younger than six-years-old at the time of their death, and 44 percent
were under the age of one.

Who abuses and neglects children?
In 2001, 60 percent of the perpetrators were female with an average
age of 31, and 40 percent were male with an average age of 34.

Approximately 84 percent were abused by a parent; Mothers alone were
responsible for 47 percent of neglect and 32 percent of the physical
abuse.

More than half of all victim were White, 51%; 28% were African
American; 18% were Hispanic; 2 % were American Indian/Alaska Natives;
and 1% were Asian/Pacific Islanders.

What makes people abuse children?
It is difficult to imagine that any person would intentionally inflict
harm on a child. Many times, physical abuse is a result of excessive
discipline or physical punishment that is inappropriate for the
child's age. The parent may simply be unaware of the magnitude of
force with which he or she strikes a child. Most parents want to be
good parents but sometimes lose control and are unable to cope.

Factors which contribute to child abuse include the immaturity of
parents, lack of parenting skills, unrealistic expectations about
children's behavior and capabilities, a parent's own negative
childhood experience, social isolation, frequent family crises and
drug or alcohol problems. Child abuse is a symptom that parents are
having difficulty coping with their situation.

Are victims of child abuse more likely to engage in criminality later
in life?
According to a 1992 study sponsored by the National Institute of
Justice (NIJ), maltreatment in childhood increases the likelihood of
arrest as a juvenile by 53 percent, as an adult by 38 percent, and for
a violent crime by 38 percent. Being abused or neglected in childhood
increases the likelihood of arrest for females by 77 percent. A
related 1995 NIJ report indicated that children who were sexually
abuse were 28 times more likely than a control group of nonabused
children to be arrested for prostitution as an adult.

Is there any evidence linking alcohol or other drug use to child
maltreatment?
A study by the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse found
that children of substance-abusing parents were almost three times
likelier to be abused and more than four times likelier to be
neglected than children of parents who are not substance abusers.
Other studies suggest that an estimated 50 percent to 80 percent of
all child abuse cases substantiated by CPS involve some degree of
substance abuse by the child's parents.

Copyright ©1998, 1999, 2000. All rights reserved. National Exchange
Club Foundation.

Greg Hanson
September 22nd 03, 08:07 AM
News flash: The definition of neglect seems to be getting
expanded to trivia, to feed the Child Protection Industry.

The standards for "likelihood" of abuse seem to be that some
untrained unskilled unqualified boob at CPS has a phobia.

As they run out of REAL child abuse to feed their INDUSTRY,
they pick on more and more families for trivial stuff.
They exaggerate the trivia into being "imminent danger"
because that is what the law requires for child removal.

The threshold for what is considered abuse and neglect
keeps getting more and more anal retentive.
Watch Martha Stewart and imagine somebody like that
judging how you organize your house.

Pretty soon they'll be removing kids because parents
make them sit in ...THE COMFY CHAIR!

They already toy with "emotional abuse"..

The state rep here for Protect Child Abuse was
on Tee Vee giving out a legal definition of child
abuse that was INCORRECT! Some expert!

Don't they get a large chunk of government GRANT MONEY?
Or is the CHILD ABUSE INDUSTRY pumping in money?
I believe they get free PSA advertising.

Right after the Ad Council ad where they preach
-------------
Freedom->Assemble->Challenge->Change
It all starts with Freedom.
Freedom.
Appreciate it.
Cherish it.
Protect it.
--------------
I think the other one about the guy who asks at a
library about "banned books" getting arrested just
for asking... THAT one is amazing since now the
government DOES snoop into that sort of info.
The men in trench coats don't stand in the library
waiting to pounce, they can take their time once
they have a computer record of your ID.
--------------
I met a guy so militantly anti-government that he
said he thinks anything that ends with .GOV should
be blown up. I do not condone such violence,
though I UNDERSTAND that government intrusion has
created a lot of this sentiment in Americans.
The amazing thing to me is that the guy who said
that is A VETERAN Who served as a COMMANDING OFFICER no less.

LaVonne Carlson
September 23rd 03, 12:47 AM
Greg,

If you parent the way you post, I'm not surprised that your children
were removed. You name call -- "untrained unskilled unqualified boob
at CPS has a phobia." You deliberately misuse terms and refer to CPS as
"Child Protection Industry." You exhibit irrational rage.

At a time when the country is experiencing huge budget cuts at both the
federal and state level you say "They exaggerate the trivia into being
"imminent danger" because that is what the law requires for child
removal."

Removing a child is costly. Why would "they" successfully remove
children when there is less money to pay for the child's care?

But you post "Don't they get a large chunk of government GRANT MONEY? Or
is the CHILD ABUSE INDUSTRY pumping in money? I believe they get free
PSA advertising."

How ignorant is this? The primary budget cuts have gone to service
agencies. CPS receives far fewer dollars than it did in the past. I
realize you lost your children, and based on your posts I'm beginning to
think that CPS may have made a good decision.

LaVonne

Greg Hanson wrote:

> News flash: The definition of neglect seems to be getting
> expanded to trivia, to feed the Child Protection Industry.
>
> The standards for "likelihood" of abuse seem to be that some
> untrained unskilled unqualified boob at CPS has a phobia.
>
> As they run out of REAL child abuse to feed their INDUSTRY,
> they pick on more and more families for trivial stuff.
> They exaggerate the trivia into being "imminent danger"
> because that is what the law requires for child removal.
>
> The threshold for what is considered abuse and neglect
> keeps getting more and more anal retentive.
> Watch Martha Stewart and imagine somebody like that
> judging how you organize your house.
>
> Pretty soon they'll be removing kids because parents
> make them sit in ...THE COMFY CHAIR!
>
> They already toy with "emotional abuse"..
>
> The state rep here for Protect Child Abuse was
> on Tee Vee giving out a legal definition of child
> abuse that was INCORRECT! Some expert!
>
> Don't they get a large chunk of government GRANT MONEY?
> Or is the CHILD ABUSE INDUSTRY pumping in money?
> I believe they get free PSA advertising.
>
> Right after the Ad Council ad where they preach
> -------------
> Freedom->Assemble->Challenge->Change
> It all starts with Freedom.
> Freedom.
> Appreciate it.
> Cherish it.
> Protect it.
> --------------
> I think the other one about the guy who asks at a
> library about "banned books" getting arrested just
> for asking... THAT one is amazing since now the
> government DOES snoop into that sort of info.
> The men in trench coats don't stand in the library
> waiting to pounce, they can take their time once
> they have a computer record of your ID.
> --------------
> I met a guy so militantly anti-government that he
> said he thinks anything that ends with .GOV should
> be blown up. I do not condone such violence,
> though I UNDERSTAND that government intrusion has
> created a lot of this sentiment in Americans.
> The amazing thing to me is that the guy who said
> that is A VETERAN Who served as a COMMANDING OFFICER no less.

Greg Hanson
September 23rd 03, 10:24 PM
LaVonne:
Kane swears and writes harangues but I am singled out for rage.
Kane's family is not under attack.
Mine is.

Having a fictional ""sex abuse history"" put on
a person WOULD tend to cause a bit of rage in
somebody who is not mentally impaired.

You seem to be under some delusion that
all rage is irrational.

Typical for Social Worker types.
I say again that you are in the La La Land of
the academic ivory tower.

You probably never heard of constructive anger.
Rightious indignation?

People who do not get angry when they should,
aren't they also diagnosed for their apathy?

Kane
September 24th 03, 05:52 AM
(Greg Hanson) wrote in message >...
> LaVonne:
> Kane swears and writes harangues but I am singled out for rage.

Yes, if you mean by me, though I wouldn't call it "rage" on my part.
Abject disgust is the more frequent feeling.

> Kane's family is not under attack.

You'd be surprized and even more if you knew my connection to law
enforcement at the federal level and what they know about attempted
attacks on me.

> Mine is.

YOUR FINALLY ISLE WALKED? Have you called CPSWatch to post it on their
website?

This is big news, boy. Maybe I had you wrong. You finally got some
ethics.

Tell us, boy, did we have even the tiniest influence on you, or are
you going to take all the credit.

> Having a fictional ""sex abuse history"" put on
> a person WOULD tend to cause a bit of rage in
> somebody who is not mentally impaired.

You? Why would that bother you? You are just a shampoo and towelboy in
the service to a six year old unrelated child, who took up wetting
herself when you joined "the family."

> You seem to be under some delusion that
> all rage is irrational.

Really. LaVonne? I don't that could be true. At least from what I've
read, unless she's not had direct work in training or facilitating
anger management classes.

You see, most folks who have had that kind of training and experience,
teach that anger is a perfectly natural and even beneficial human
emotion. It signals clearly, fear, or various indices of fear..you
know, anxiety, startle, the various phobias. Nothing bad or wrong in
feeling fear or even rage.

Though the word "rage" has a bit more meaning. It's often used as a
verb, as in "he raged through the building firing at every schoolchild
that moved into his view and teachers as well."

He wouldn't have "feared" or "angered" through the building. So fear
and anger are the emotions that are solid-gold-tool-to-work-with
feelings, while rage is a bit more suspect.

> Typical for Social Worker types.

What, that rage is a dangerous act, that is a verb, rather than just a
useful inner feeling like anger? Yean, Social Worker types will do
that sort of thing, being as they are highly skilled, if they have
studied anger management, at helping folks use and then productively
redirect the energy and what was found in the examining of the cause
of the anger, to some useful, safer, and socially acceptable out come.

In other words, they save the asses of the angered, and the various
humans they run into or have dominion over, like you had over the
little girl, that thankfully CPS managed to get away from your control
before more serious things happened.

Risk management, ain't it a wonderful thing though. Yet another social
worky kinda discipline.

> I say again that you are in the La La Land of
> the academic ivory tower.

Say it again for me, and again and again. It has such a musical ring
to it. I'm thinking we could expand on it...I know a nice minor shift
cord progression that could really pull the pathos out of that La La
Land bit. You are good boy. We could make beautiful music together.

I can wait until the daughte makes a falsetto out of you though, if
you want.

You could be the Roy Orbison, with less equipment.

> You probably never heard of constructive anger.

LaVonne? Yah gotta be kidding. In her work she probably talks about it
or other closely related matters weekly and has for years.

You really are a hapless twit, yah know that?

> Rightious indignation?

(it's righteous)

I can't imagine LaVonne being unaware of righteous anger. On the other
hand I can't imagine mistaking righteous anger from your blathering
attempts to minimize the righteous anger YOU created in the child and
we can hope, one day soon in the mother.

I wonder if she could boot you right now if the court would listen to
her pleas and apology for letting herself be taken in by a little
scumbag lying piece of crap.

I've known some judges and workers to be extremely forgiving and
charitable. Course they also have to contend with having given chances
that were blown. I think, personally, it's all a crap shoot and crap
should be.

> People who do not get angry when they should,
> aren't they also diagnosed for their apathy?

No, it's called passive aggressive. They manage to get back at folks
some way.

Nothing quite so infuriating to the normal, that know how to get up
and want to get up off their asses and get the job done, than someone
that sits there placidly planning how to make others do the work,
kinda like sitting around planning on how to make a bundle by sueing
someone. Those are usually passive agressives. Ring any bells?

Sorry for the crude language. It's a righteous anger sort of thing.
You see I've looked at the source of my anger. It's the pain I believe
a child is going through. Grieving can make people want to die it
hurts so, and children don't have many defenses against it but to
sicken and hurt. It's a horrible feeling. I lost my dog Pan, when I
was a kid and the memory can still cause me great pain, but nothing
like then.

Know with that knowledge of the source of my anger, which is
comlicated by my fear you might get your hands on her again before
she's old enough to defend herself..thus creating yet another source
for anger, I have to decide what I can do productively to harness that
energy and direct it.

I don't think I'd be much use to the courts in your state, so that's
pretty much a wash. I can't talk to the mother, and that is very very
sad, as she is the focal point, or was when something could be done.
Please, show us you care, tell me the mothers name and put her in
contact with me. I'll be nice, honest.

And of course I can't contact the girl and teach her tactics to keep
men like you away from her, and it's too late to teach her how to keep
you away from her mother (I could do that...sort of like Home Alone
tactics and make them look like accidents.... r r r ).

So I'm stuck with just a monitor full of squiggles to deal with. I'm
told I'm not bad at shaping those squiggles in quite emotive outbursts
that produce strong reactions in normal folks. It's the sickos I can't
reach through this media, damn the luck anyway. R R R R

And bless it for your sake.

You sleep well tonight, Greegor. Sleep very well. You're years from
the child and her with a castrating knife.

I can hear the solution to her rage now, "YOU TOOK MY
MOTHER......swiiiiiish, plop!"

Kane

Dan Sullivan
September 24th 03, 02:15 PM
"Greg Hanson" > wrote in message
m...
> LaVonne:
> Kane swears and writes harangues but I am singled out for rage.
> Kane's family is not under attack.
> Mine is.

Greg, you couldn't care less about the little girl or her mother.

You're just in it for the imaginary pot o' money at the end of the rainbow.

> Having a fictional ""sex abuse history"" put on
> a person WOULD tend to cause a bit of rage in
> somebody who is not mentally impaired.

So it shouldn't bother you at all, Greg.

> You seem to be under some delusion that
> all rage is irrational.
>
> Typical for Social Worker types.
> I say again that you are in the La La Land of
> the academic ivory tower.

And you, Greg, are in TP heaven.

You sit there, day after day, month after month, year after year, with
someone else paying all the bills.

> You probably never heard of constructive anger.
> Rightious indignation?
>
> People who do not get angry when they should,
> aren't they also diagnosed for their apathy?

There's nothing wrong with apathy, but I couldn't care one way or the other.

Dan

Kathleen
September 24th 03, 06:04 PM
(Greg Hanson) wrote in message >...
> LaVonne:
> Kane swears and writes harangues but I am singled out for rage.
> Kane's family is not under attack.
> Mine is.
>
> Having a fictional ""sex abuse history"" put on
> a person WOULD tend to cause a bit of rage in
> somebody who is not mentally impaired.
>
> You seem to be under some delusion that
> all rage is irrational.
>
> Typical for Social Worker types.
> I say again that you are in the La La Land of
> the academic ivory tower.
>
> You probably never heard of constructive anger.
> Rightious indignation?
>
> People who do not get angry when they should,
> aren't they also diagnosed for their apathy?

This is classic.
Be angry. You have lots of support.
These DCF PSYCHOS would not have a job if
not for all the invented cases.

Kathleen

madeupagin
September 24th 03, 06:38 PM
"Kathleen" > wrote in message
om...
> (Greg Hanson) wrote in message
> > LaVonne:
> > Kane swears and writes harangues but I am singled out for rage.
> > Kane's family is not under attack.
> > Mine is.
> >
> > Having a fictional ""sex abuse history"" put on
> > a person WOULD tend to cause a bit of rage in
> > somebody who is not mentally impaired.
> >
> > You seem to be under some delusion that
> > all rage is irrational.
> >
> > Typical for Social Worker types.
> > I say again that you are in the La La Land of
> > the academic ivory tower.
> >
> > You probably never heard of constructive anger.
> > Rightious indignation?
> >
> > People who do not get angry when they should,
> > aren't they also diagnosed for their apathy?
>

> This is classic.
> Be angry. You have lots of support.
> These DCF PSYCHOS would not have a job if
> not for all the invented cases.
>
> Kathleen

Maybe you misunderstood what Greg was saying? Or am I totally
misunderstanding you? Greg was saying that anger is sometimes justified.

Oh, ok, I was misunderstanding you.

"Never Mind."

tere

Greg Hanson
September 26th 03, 09:21 AM
I'm confused, LaVonne.
Why aren't you un-crossposting Kane's drivel, swearing and all?
What ARE your standards?
Do you MODERATE for political effect?
Isn't that unethical?

LaVonne Carlson
September 28th 03, 10:20 PM
Greg Hanson wrote:

> LaVonne:
> Kane swears and writes harangues but I am singled out for rage.
> Kane's family is not under attack.
> Mine is.

If you would include my post, you would have to include the context of
my response. I suspect this is why you have so conveniently neglected
to do so. I responded to you, Greg. I was not comparing your rage to
anyone else's, no was I talking about anyone else. I said your posts
appear to exhibit "irrational rage."

> Having a fictional ""sex abuse history"" put on
> a person WOULD tend to cause a bit of rage in
> somebody who is not mentally impaired.

I have no idea whether or not your "sex abuse history" is fictional or
not. In fact, I didn't even know you had a "sex abuse history." I
remember you saying that you had lost your child(ren) and after reading
your posts with the distrespect, overgeneralization and name-calling, I
find them suspect and irrational. This leads me to think that perhaps
CPS had a very good reason for removing your child(ren), especially if
this is how you prersented yourself.

> You seem to be under some delusion that
> all rage is irrational.

No, I have no such delusions. Anger and even rage can be either
rational or irrational, constructive or destructive, depending upon how
an individual chooses to manage and express these emotions. By the way,
this is true of any emotion, Greg.

> Typical for Social Worker types.
> I say again that you are in the La La Land of
> the academic ivory tower.

This is a perfect example of what I have been stating above.

> You probably never heard of constructive anger.
> Rightious indignation?

Yes, Greg, I have heard of both. Anger can be constructive or
destructive. Righteous indignation can be destructive or destructive.
I've seen very little constructive anger, constructive rage, or
constructive righteous indignation in your posts. I have heard a lot of
irrational statements and attacks on others, and in many of your posts
your appear irrational and out of control.

> People who do not get angry when they should,
> aren't they also diagnosed for their apathy?

Repression of anger can become pathological. So are inappropriate and
uncontrolled expressions of anger and rage, especially when those
expressions are directed towards individuals who had nothing to do with
the situation you find yourself in. I don't know if you were falsely
accused or not, but I know that your behavior towards individuals on the
ng's does nothing to convince me that the accusations against you were
false. You seem just a bit too ready to verbally attack anyone who so
much as questions your statements. And no, Greg, this is not the
behavior of everyone who has been falsely accused.

LaVonne

LaVonne Carlson
September 28th 03, 10:26 PM
This is a perfect example the irrational posts. In this thread I am
responding to your statements. I post from alt.parenting.spanking and
felt that your posts were worth responding to in this thread. You
denigrate an institution, imperfect though it may be, that was set up to
protect children. You make sweeping general statements and engage in
name calling, and you cut the posts of the individuals to whom you are
responding to ensure that no one realizes you are taking comments out of
context.

And what I have heard from you in your many posts makes me question your
professions of innocence and even if you had not been accused by CPS,
would make me wonder what kind of individual was raising children.

LaVonne

Greg Hanson wrote:

> I'm confused, LaVonne.
> Why aren't you un-crossposting Kane's drivel, swearing and all?
> What ARE your standards?
> Do you MODERATE for political effect?
> Isn't that unethical?

LaVonne Carlson
September 28th 03, 10:50 PM
Kathleen wrote:

"This is classic.
Be angry. You have lots of support.
These DCF PSYCHOS would not have a job if
not for all the invented cases."

I had a student teacher who worked with a little girl in early childhood special education. She was born
typically developing, but couldn't speak because her biological mother burned her to the point that her third
degree burns damaged her mouth, tongue and vocal cords. CPS had been involved prior to the incident, but in
spite of bruises from "spanking" and mother's irrational behavior, left the child in custody of the mother.
Mother stated that she was teaching her a lesson she wouldn't forget.

Back when I was teaching children rather than adults, there was a little girl enrolled in my classroom who was
very quiet. She refused to talk when other children talked to her and averted her eyes when I approached.
One day I noticed blood in her panties when she used the bathroom. I called CPS. CPS found damage in her
vigina from sexual abuse. CPS removed the child. Darn those psycho "DHF" folks. How much better it would
have been if this child could have remained in her biological home, abuse and all.

All DCF employees are psycho. They do their jobs on minimal pay, and the education required varies from state
to state. But no one ever talks about the children.

LaVonne

> (Greg Hanson) wrote in message >...
> > LaVonne:
> > Kane swears and writes harangues but I am singled out for rage.
> > Kane's family is not under attack.
> > Mine is.
> >
> > Having a fictional ""sex abuse history"" put on
> > a person WOULD tend to cause a bit of rage in
> > somebody who is not mentally impaired.
> >
> > You seem to be under some delusion that
> > all rage is irrational.
> >
> > Typical for Social Worker types.
> > I say again that you are in the La La Land of
> > the academic ivory tower.
> >
> > You probably never heard of constructive anger.
> > Rightious indignation?
> >
> > People who do not get angry when they should,
> > aren't they also diagnosed for their apathy?
>
> This is classic.
> Be angry. You have lots of support.
> These DCF PSYCHOS would not have a job if
> not for all the invented cases.
>
> Kathleen

Greg Hanson
September 29th 03, 07:35 AM
LaVonne said
> And what I have heard from you in your many posts makes me question your
> professions of innocence and even if you had not been accused by CPS,
> would make me wonder what kind of individual was raising children.

If the style of tone of a person's newsgroup postings had
ANYTHING to do with their ability to watch children,
then why don't I see you saying anything about Kane's filth?

Isn't his long term history of swearing in here of
some concern since he claims that he has had a high
level supervisory role over CPS, and claims to be some
sort of expert on children?

"Out of context" is clutching at straws, LaVonne.
Kane has the record for insult posts, that's for sure.
Dan is a close second, but he doesn't swear as much.

I think you are just too politically inbred to notice
when Kane swears, insults, or champions McCarthy (his hero??).

Tell me, LaVonne, would you counsel a rape victim to
not be angry? Fault them for their anger?

You defend an AGENCY? Why? Unlike FAMILIES, an agency
has NO CIVIL RIGHTS. Did you know that?
An AGENCY can not be slandered. No civil rights. Know why?

Did you ever hear of Judge Roland Friesler?
He was a sharp legal mind. A real professional.
Technically flawless legal work.
Look up what he did, and for who.

Like weeks ago in another one, I ask you to look at the
very NAME of this thread! Delusional assertion from Kane.
But you think I "took something out of context"??

Greg Hanson
October 1st 03, 10:41 AM
Kathleen and Tere: Thanks.

LaVonne said
> You seem just a bit too ready to verbally attack
> anyone who so much as questions your statements.
> And no, Greg, this is not the behavior of everyone
> who has been falsely accused.
In YOUR WORLD, do people falsely accused go quietly into the night?
Do you counsel rape victims to not be so angry?

LaVonne: What "bit too ready" are you talking about?
How LONG do you think Kane and Dan have been putting on
their sick little ""Court of public opinion""?
Please tell me how ethical you find that!

Again you harp on ME for attacks, but you
seem to be seeing KANE and Dan through the
rose colored glasses of comraderie.

Quite a "one way street" you've got there, LaVonne!

Suddenly I'm the aggressor? Nope.

Even an itemized inventory of messages where Kane used
expletives over the last year would doubtless be
ignored by you. He is the KING of irrational thought.
Do you REALLY want some examples??

Should I also repost where you tried to play God?
That was pretty funny. Arrogance? You?? :)
Why, you are the all-seeing, all-knowing Oracle!

I don't repost everything because any moron can
read the immediately preceding message.
Over quoting is often worse than not quoting.
Quoting 40 lines to add 5 can be irritating.

Greg Hanson
October 1st 03, 11:12 AM
LaVonne said
> If you parent the way you post, I'm not surprised
> that your children were removed.

That's a cheap shot and you know it. Kind of nutty
of you to equate newsgroup posting to parenting.
Foretells your willingness to politicize everything.

> You name call --

In a newsgroup on the internet? Imagine that!

"untrained unskilled unqualified boob at CPS has a phobia."

What part of that is name calling or untrue?
untrained: already established. Need citations?
unqualified: no SW license, some were welfare to work hires (Carter)
boob: bureacrat, self-important, god complex
phobia: "at risk of" clutter as "imminent danger" lie
caseworkers with "Sky is Falling" exaggerations (phobic)

> You deliberately misuse terms

What a tragedy! Drag me into grammar court!

> and refer to CPS as "Child Protection Industry."

You think it's NOT an industry? 41 Billion dollars annually.
Were you in San Diego on the September 20th?

WHY would you think it's not an INDUSTRY?
Even if the people had credentials to be professionals,
it would STILL be an industry, even though you don't like
my ""misuse"" of terms.

> You exhibit irrational rage.

The US Congressional committees had the same sort of irrational rage.
Something irrational about Constitutional human rights violated.

The two horror cases of child abuse DO NOT justify the
other 140 kids statistically removed from their homes
at the same time, for clutter and trivia.

The two horror cases are terrible of course, but the removal
of the other 140 taken WITHOUT such good reason is an abuse
of children also. CPS causes harm to ""save"" kids from clutter?

Did you ever read Wallis v. Escondido?
Notice the report was from a person in a locked psych ward?

The idea that one horror story justifies all of the other
removals is preposterous. Cure worse than disease.
Using the one to justify the many needless removals
is demogoguery.