PDA

View Full Version : This is the kind of parenting the Spankers Pine for.

Kane
September 22nd 03, 07:41 PM
A major contributor to child abuse by cruel and unusual parenting
methods is discussed in the article cited at:

http://www.ezzo.info/

I'd like to see Doan, The Plant, and others that hope to continue, and
or refuse to oppose, on the grounds they will "just let parents choose
for themselves," clarify their view of this highly questionable child
rearing experts advice.

His views and advice, backed by Christians, is right up there in
defense of beating toddlers with objects and calling it discipline.

Have a read. If you look up the references be sure and have a look at
what they, man and wife, recommend for six month old babies in terms
of "training."

Barfbags at the ready please. Keep that keyboard clean.

Kane

rkondracki
September 23rd 03, 12:39 AM
Maybe next time you should lose the generalizations...i.e.: "...His views
and advice, backed by Christians..."
The word "Christians" covers hundreds of millions (if not Billions) of
people around the world (and hundreds of various beliefs within that), but
the last time I checked they were not all on the same page with all of their
beliefs. This would certainly apply to the raising of children.

Being a Christian myself, I take offense to being lumped together with
anyone who may call themselves a Christian but has no concept of what Christ
actually taught...

Richard Kondracki

"Kane" > wrote in message
om...
> A major contributor to child abuse by cruel and unusual parenting
> methods is discussed in the article cited at:
>
> http://www.ezzo.info/
>
> I'd like to see Doan, The Plant, and others that hope to continue, and
> or refuse to oppose, on the grounds they will "just let parents choose
> for themselves," clarify their view of this highly questionable child
> rearing experts advice.
>
> His views and advice, backed by Christians, is right up there in
> defense of beating toddlers with objects and calling it discipline.
>
> Have a read. If you look up the references be sure and have a look at
> what they, man and wife, recommend for six month old babies in terms
> of "training."
>
> Barfbags at the ready please. Keep that keyboard clean.
>
> Kane

Kane
September 23rd 03, 01:37 AM
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:39:04 GMT, "rkondracki" >
wrote:

>Maybe next time you should lose the generalizations...i.e.: "...His
>and advice, backed by Christians..."
>The word "Christians" covers hundreds of millions (if not Billions)
of
>people around the world (and hundreds of various beliefs within
that), but
>the last time I checked they were not all on the same page with all
of their
>beliefs. This would certainly apply to the raising of children.
>
> Being a Christian myself, I take offense to being lumped together with
>anyone who may call themselves a Christian but has no concept of what
Christ
>actually taught...
>
>Richard Kondracki

You are hereby granted to right assume, in any posts of mine, when I
say "Christian" in this or other negative contexts, the word "some" as
a preface.

My apologies, as that is what I intended.

As a further apology let me direct to, as a gesture of peace, the web
site:

http://parentinginjesusfootsteps.org

And proof that I do not consider all Christians to be in the same
boat. In fact how could you think anyone on the planet would assume
so? Even the rabid extremist know better.

I usually assume that such an indignant reply, that assumes another's
ignoracne, has a purpose a bit different that actually clearing up an
offense.

A diversion.

Now that that is cleared up, what's your take on the point I was
actually making, or would you rather focus on bits and pieces so you
don't have to address this issue squarely?

Give the issue all yah got.

Thanks for your input, should it come.

Kane

>"Kane" > wrote in message
om...
>> A major contributor to child abuse by cruel and unusual parenting
>> methods is discussed in the article cited at:
>>
>> http://www.ezzo.info/
>>
>> I'd like to see Doan, The Plant, and others that hope to continue,
and
>> or refuse to oppose, on the grounds they will "just let parents
choose
>> for themselves," clarify their view of this highly questionable
child
>> rearing experts advice.
>>
>> His views and advice, backed by Christians, is right up there in
>> defense of beating toddlers with objects and calling it discipline.
>>
>> Have a read. If you look up the references be sure and have a look
at
>> what they, man and wife, recommend for six month old babies in
terms
>> of "training."
>>
>> Barfbags at the ready please. Keep that keyboard clean.
>>
>> Kane

Sherman
September 23rd 03, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the url. I found it very interesting and informative. Also a
relief to see the humane treatment of children by Christian parents
supported therein. They have an interesting selection of reads here,
including "Flogging for God":
http://www.nospank.net/floggers.htm#irreg

Mahalo,
Keli

"Kane" > wrote in message
om...
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:39:04 GMT, "rkondracki" >
> wrote:
>
> >Maybe next time you should lose the generalizations...i.e.: "...His
> >and advice, backed by Christians..."
> >The word "Christians" covers hundreds of millions (if not Billions)
> of
> >people around the world (and hundreds of various beliefs within
> that), but
> >the last time I checked they were not all on the same page with all
> of their
> >beliefs. This would certainly apply to the raising of children.
> >
> > Being a Christian myself, I take offense to being lumped together with
> >anyone who may call themselves a Christian but has no concept of what
> Christ
> >actually taught...
> >
> >Richard Kondracki
>
> You are hereby granted to right assume, in any posts of mine, when I
> say "Christian" in this or other negative contexts, the word "some" as
> a preface.
>
> My apologies, as that is what I intended.
>
> As a further apology let me direct to, as a gesture of peace, the web
> site:
>
> http://parentinginjesusfootsteps.org
>
> And proof that I do not consider all Christians to be in the same
> boat. In fact how could you think anyone on the planet would assume
> so? Even the rabid extremist know better.
>
> I usually assume that such an indignant reply, that assumes another's
> ignoracne, has a purpose a bit different that actually clearing up an
> offense.
>
> A diversion.
>
> Now that that is cleared up, what's your take on the point I was
> actually making, or would you rather focus on bits and pieces so you
> don't have to address this issue squarely?
>
> Give the issue all yah got.
>
> Thanks for your input, should it come.
>
> Kane
>

> >"Kane" > wrote in message
> om...
> >> A major contributor to child abuse by cruel and unusual parenting
> >> methods is discussed in the article cited at:
> >>
> >> http://www.ezzo.info/
> >>
> >> I'd like to see Doan, The Plant, and others that hope to continue,
> and
> >> or refuse to oppose, on the grounds they will "just let parents
> choose
> >> for themselves," clarify their view of this highly questionable
> child
> >> rearing experts advice.
> >>
> >> His views and advice, backed by Christians, is right up there in
> >> defense of beating toddlers with objects and calling it discipline.
> >>
> >> Have a read. If you look up the references be sure and have a look
> at
> >> what they, man and wife, recommend for six month old babies in
> terms
> >> of "training."
> >>
> >> Barfbags at the ready please. Keep that keyboard clean.
> >>
> >> Kane

Kane
September 25th 03, 05:30 AM
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:15:58 GMT, "Sherman" >
wrote:

>Thanks for the url. I found it very interesting and informative.
Also a
>relief to see the humane treatment of children by Christian parents
>supported therein. They have an interesting selection of reads here,
>including "Flogging for God":
>http://www.nospank.net/floggers.htm#irreg
>
>Mahalo,
>Keli

Aloha, nohea Kelima,

ia kakou Keikis, pepe, kama, hemahema aloha. Nui loa aloha
..... hapa iki ku'i.

They not drum for beaten. They sweet flower for tender love.

Me, I find that New Testament Christians, and what other kind can
there be that have the right to the name Christian given what the NT
is about, are among the strongest and earliest proponents of gentle
parenting, even with the most difficult and lively children.

"Christians" that beat children are fakes. No right to invoke that
name whatsoever.

I've always thought that the modern attachment and empathy centered
parenting got its start with Christian principles of love and
forgiveness.

Mahalo A' Aloha, nohea wahine.

Pohaku Kane

>"Kane" > wrote in message
om...
>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:39:04 GMT, "rkondracki"
>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Maybe next time you should lose the generalizations...i.e.:
"...His
>> >and advice, backed by Christians..."
>> >The word "Christians" covers hundreds of millions (if not
Billions)
>> of
>> >people around the world (and hundreds of various beliefs within
>> that), but
>> >the last time I checked they were not all on the same page with
all
>> of their
>> >beliefs. This would certainly apply to the raising of children.
>> >
>> > Being a Christian myself, I take offense to being lumped together
with
>> >anyone who may call themselves a Christian but has no concept of
what
>> Christ
>> >actually taught...
>> >
>> >Richard Kondracki
>>
>> You are hereby granted to right assume, in any posts of mine, when
>> say "Christian" in this or other negative contexts, the word "some"
as
>> a preface.
>>
>> My apologies, as that is what I intended.
>>
>> As a further apology let me direct to, as a gesture of peace, the
web
>> site:
>>
>> http://parentinginjesusfootsteps.org
>>
>> And proof that I do not consider all Christians to be in the same
>> boat. In fact how could you think anyone on the planet would assume
>> so? Even the rabid extremist know better.
>>
>> I usually assume that such an indignant reply, that assumes
another's
>> ignoracne, has a purpose a bit different that actually clearing up
an
>> offense.
>>
>> A diversion.
>>
>> Now that that is cleared up, what's your take on the point I was
>> actually making, or would you rather focus on bits and pieces so
you
>> don't have to address this issue squarely?
>>
>> Give the issue all yah got.
>>
>> Thanks for your input, should it come.
>>
>> Kane
>>

>> >"Kane" > wrote in message
>> om...

>> and
>> choose
>> child

>> at
>> terms

Sherman
September 25th 03, 10:08 AM
"Kane" > wrote in message
om...
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:15:58 GMT, "Sherman" >
> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the url. I found it very interesting and informative.
> Also a
> >relief to see the humane treatment of children by Christian parents
> >supported therein. They have an interesting selection of reads here,
> >including "Flogging for God":
> >http://www.nospank.net/floggers.htm#irreg
> >
> >Mahalo,
> >Keli
>
> Aloha, nohea Kelima,
>
> ia kakou Keikis, pepe, kama, hemahema aloha. Nui loa aloha
> .... hapa iki ku'i.
>
> They not drum for beaten. They sweet flower for tender love.
>
> Me, I find that New Testament Christians, and what other kind can
> there be that have the right to the name Christian given what the NT
> is about, are among the strongest and earliest proponents of gentle
> parenting, even with the most difficult and lively children.
>
> "Christians" that beat children are fakes. No right to invoke that
> name whatsoever.
>
> I've always thought that the modern attachment and empathy centered
> parenting got its start with Christian principles of love and
> forgiveness.
>
> Mahalo A' Aloha, nohea wahine.
>
> Pohaku Kane

Heahea. He mea 'ole.