PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

Meg
July 7th 03, 02:14 AM
Hello! My name is Megan and I have a 20 month old DD and am expecting
twins in February. I was referred to your newsgroup from a reply at
misc.kids.pregnancy. I'm hoping to learn a lot from you and would
love any advice on nursing twins, "equipment" must haves, or any other
advice.

Thanks!!

Truffles
July 7th 03, 02:19 AM
Meg wrote:

> Hello! My name is Megan and I have a 20 month old DD and am expecting
> twins in February. I was referred to your newsgroup from a reply at
> misc.kids.pregnancy. I'm hoping to learn a lot from you and would
> love any advice on nursing twins, "equipment" must haves, or any other
> advice.

Hi again! ;-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

KimandJuan
July 7th 03, 02:56 AM
Hi Megan,

Welcome! The only must haves that I would recommend are a twin nursing pillow
a double stroller, two car seats and any able body human beings that are
willing to lend a helping hand. Other wise use all the equipment you already
have. I know some POM's have two of everything but we survived just fine on 1
of everything and just rotated them out. If one was in the bouncy chair the
other was in the vibrating chair ... or Jumper and walker or swing ... you get
the idea. I don't think they were the least bit deprived by this. And all the
equipment can tend to overtake the house. We only have one of everything and I
swear at times I feel like I have a day care center vs. a home.

P.S. Actually we also have two high chairs now, as it has become a necessity.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

lizzard woman
July 7th 03, 03:16 AM
"Meg" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello! My name is Megan and I have a 20 month old DD and am expecting
> twins in February. I was referred to your newsgroup from a reply at
> misc.kids.pregnancy. I'm hoping to learn a lot from you and would
> love any advice on nursing twins, "equipment" must haves, or any other
> advice.
>
> Thanks!!

Hi. I'm Sharon with identical twin girls, Savannah and Willow.
--
sharon, momma to savannah and willow (11/11/94)

The Fackrell's
July 7th 03, 03:16 AM
Hi Megan....I would recommend Slings (one for you, one for DH)....2 swings
were a "must have" for me...and we eventually got 2 excersaucers....and and
ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE, for when they get a bit older (and if you have the room)
a Superyard XT....or 2!!! ALL of my kids hated it when I would use the gate
that would keep them in the xl living room with All their toys just so I
could use the kitchen......but when I put them in the superyard, even back
when we had just one...they LOVE it!! We now have it set up (2 of em
connected) on our covered back patio and have oodles of toys in it plus the
toddler pool!! They will spend hours in there...while I tend to the garden
or the computer (Its all set up by the window so I see them
constantly).....you can break em down to any configuration and its totally
portable! We love em!! Oh.....and the best tool....a schedule!! I didn't do
one with our first born, but I don't see how anyone could get by w/o one
w/multiples!! Its SOOOOO nice knowing when, and hopefully how long, they
will sleep each day!
hmmm.....start cooking and freezing meals NOW if you haven't already!! And
take EVERYONEs offers of help.....Schedule them if need be!! DO IT!! It is
so incredibly hard, especially with an older child (get them to a sibling
class btw!).....but, you will survive: day by day, hour by hour.....diaper
change by diaper change!! ohhhh start looking for a cheap housekeeper!! and
join your local twins club!
ok, thats enough for now....mine are down for the night so its time to
clean! :)

--
Gwen, Designer Wraps
SAHM to James (9-98) and Cloth Diapered Twins: Austin and Amber (5-02)

tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but singletons
can use it too!)
www.familyauction.com
www.wahmall.com
www.wahmauctions.com

"Meg" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello! My name is Megan and I have a 20 month old DD and am expecting
> twins in February. I was referred to your newsgroup from a reply at
> misc.kids.pregnancy. I'm hoping to learn a lot from you and would
> love any advice on nursing twins, "equipment" must haves, or any other
> advice.
>
> Thanks!!

Samatha Mayo
July 7th 03, 09:59 AM
hi i am samatha twin boy and girl
lizzard woman > wrote in message
a...
> "Meg" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello! My name is Megan and I have a 20 month old DD and am expecting
> > twins in February. I was referred to your newsgroup from a reply at
> > misc.kids.pregnancy. I'm hoping to learn a lot from you and would
> > love any advice on nursing twins, "equipment" must haves, or any other
> > advice.
> >
> > Thanks!!
>
> Hi. I'm Sharon with identical twin girls, Savannah and Willow.
> --
> sharon, momma to savannah and willow (11/11/94)

H Schinske
July 7th 03, 06:09 PM
wrote:

>Other wise use all the equipment you already
>have. I know some POM's have two of everything but we survived just fine on
>1
>of everything and just rotated them out.

I agree with this advice. You will learn quickly what you *need* to have two
of, and just get another. For instance, one of my best techniques when they
were small was "swing and sling," one baby in the swing and one in the sling,
switching off now and then. I never feel twins get quite enough holding, and
that worked well. Now, some babies may be SUPER-well calmed by the swing and
not by the sling, and then you might want two swings. On the other hand maybe
only one of them will even like the swing at all. You get the idea. Start small
and work up according to what your children need.

--Helen

Digital Larry
July 24th 03, 05:59 AM
I would recommend the Podee hands-free bottles.

My wife and I take turns doing night-time shifts and these are an absolute
LIFESAVER for feeding two kids by yourself at the same time Also for
outings. They do NOT sell these at Babies R Us for some reason. I think
some have complained that it is a cheap shortcut because you don't have to
hold the kids throughout the feeding. Nevertheless you can hold them if
you like, though it's a bit unwieldy. Velcro to the rescue. (this is a
vague visual, I do not mean that you Velcro the baby to yourself - though
that ain't a bad idea).

Avent bottles caused lots of gas because of vaccuum bubbles. We don't use
them any more. Dr. Brown's bottles are better in this regard, though the
smallest seemed to have trouble regulating the flow at first (compared to
Avent). Unfortunately switching between bottles apparently caused some
confusion and problems because they do not all flow the same way.

The Podees, in addition to allowing you to set a baby in a chair and still
feed, also only flow when they actively suck. Once I was amazed when
little Martin polished off all 4 oz. in about 5 minutes! That doesn't
happen too often. On the downside they have lots of parts and two tubes so
cleaning is quite the chore.

Now we only use Dr. Brown's and Podee.

Gary
father to Martin and Reed
5/6/03

The Fackrell's
July 24th 03, 01:53 PM
not to contradict but Babies R Us is where we've always gotten and seen the
Podee bottles! We discovered them late in the game with our first born but
boy, THAT was an Awesome find!!! He never wanted to hold his bottles so
these became a life saver- esp. for car trips!! We got two more for the
twins but they never did get the hang of them...I tried em during several
different stages until they started holding their own bottles- which they
did very early on. Also, if the babes don't take to the podee system,
there's good old fashioned propping! :)

--
Gwen, Designer Wraps
SAHM to James (9-98) Austin and Amber (5-02)

tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but singletons
can use it too!)
www.familyauction.com
www.wahmall.com
www.wahmauctions.com

"Digital Larry" > wrote in message
9.11...
> I would recommend the Podee hands-free bottles.
>
> My wife and I take turns doing night-time shifts and these are an absolute
> LIFESAVER for feeding two kids by yourself at the same time Also for
> outings. They do NOT sell these at Babies R Us for some reason. I think
> some have complained that it is a cheap shortcut because you don't have to
> hold the kids throughout the feeding. Nevertheless you can hold them if
> you like, though it's a bit unwieldy. Velcro to the rescue. (this is a
> vague visual, I do not mean that you Velcro the baby to yourself - though
> that ain't a bad idea).
>
> Avent bottles caused lots of gas because of vaccuum bubbles. We don't use
> them any more. Dr. Brown's bottles are better in this regard, though the
> smallest seemed to have trouble regulating the flow at first (compared to
> Avent). Unfortunately switching between bottles apparently caused some
> confusion and problems because they do not all flow the same way.
>
> The Podees, in addition to allowing you to set a baby in a chair and still
> feed, also only flow when they actively suck. Once I was amazed when
> little Martin polished off all 4 oz. in about 5 minutes! That doesn't
> happen too often. On the downside they have lots of parts and two tubes
so
> cleaning is quite the chore.
>
> Now we only use Dr. Brown's and Podee.
>
> Gary
> father to Martin and Reed
> 5/6/03

Robert Huwe
July 24th 03, 02:28 PM
I have a question about these bottles. I have recently seen them at a
multiple website. While I liked the concept, they reminded me of a bottle I
saw years ago on Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. In that show, a baby drinking
from the bottle died and they realized it was from the old milk stuck inside
of the tube.

Now I know the difference between a TV show and reality, but cleaning the
tube would be a big concern for me. How DO you clean the tube??

Gayle