PDA

View Full Version : Soft Cervix

Ben and Sarah Katon
July 8th 03, 12:56 AM
I just had a 34 week checkup today. The doctor did a cervical check because
of the back spasms I've had over the last couple of days. He said my cervix
was soft, but closed. He didn't give me any indications as to what that
means, however. Also, he didn't mention any modification of my activities.
Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks.

Sarah
Will 02/11/00
Drew and Noah EDD 07/28/03

KimandJuan
July 8th 03, 01:07 PM
I think it is normal for the cervix to soften this early. I remember the same
thing happening to me around 33 weeks. It stayed closed until 36 weeks when I
was 1 cm dilated then I was 2 cm at 37 weeks and two days and that is when we
induced.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02