PDA

View Full Version : Laundry

Kender
July 9th 03, 07:49 PM
Geez, what's the deal with all this laundry?! I swear as they get older and
the clothes get bigger I end up doing at least two loads every day. It
doesn't help that they like to change clothes half way through the day.
Anyone have any laundry tips or secrets to make it easier?
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

The Fackrell's
July 9th 03, 08:29 PM
Just 2 loads???? LOL

--
Gwen, Designer Wraps
SAHM to James (9-98) Austin and Amber (5-02)

tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but singletons
can use it too!)
www.familyauction.com
www.wahmall.com
www.wahmauctions.com

"Kender" > wrote in message
> Geez, what's the deal with all this laundry?! I swear as they get older
and
> the clothes get bigger I end up doing at least two loads every day. It
> doesn't help that they like to change clothes half way through the day.
> Anyone have any laundry tips or secrets to make it easier?
> --
> Erin
> Morgan and Megan 2/15/97
> Evan 5/14/00

Anita
July 9th 03, 09:07 PM
Yes, make them wear things twice! I have three girls and they will change
two or three times a day if I let them...gaaaah! At the end of the day, I
inspect their clothes and if they're passable, they get folded and put away
for another wearing. Towels get re-used too. Other than that, all I can
say is that I'll raise a cup of fabric softener to you the next time I'm in
the laundry room ; )

Anita
Anneka and Kristina 10/31/96
Juliette 7/12/99
Thomas 8/30/01

"Kender" > wrote in message
> Geez, what's the deal with all this laundry?! I swear as they get older
and
> the clothes get bigger I end up doing at least two loads every day. It
> doesn't help that they like to change clothes half way through the day.
> Anyone have any laundry tips or secrets to make it easier?
> --
> Erin
> Morgan and Megan 2/15/97
> Evan 5/14/00

---

NBennett
July 9th 03, 11:32 PM
When my daughter was about 7, she decided she needed to change her clothes
several times throughout the day, despite being told not to. She also told
someone my favourite hobby was laundry. It was time to take a stand.
I made her do all the laundry one weekend. 8 loads. I carried the laundry
baskets up and down the stairs for her but that was it. I got her a little
stool so she could reach into the washer. I interrupted whatever she was
doing to remind her to flip the wash - dryer to basket, washer to dryer and
new load to washer. As the day wore on she noticed that "some of these
clothes aren't even dirty!" It took her all day to finish the 8 loads and
fold them and deposit them in the owner's rooms.
After that she had a much better appreciation for my hobby.

Nancy
"Kender" > wrote in message
> Geez, what's the deal with all this laundry?! I swear as they get older
and
> the clothes get bigger I end up doing at least two loads every day. It
> doesn't help that they like to change clothes half way through the day.
> Anyone have any laundry tips or secrets to make it easier?
> --
> Erin
> Morgan and Megan 2/15/97
> Evan 5/14/00

pam
July 10th 03, 02:12 PM
no tips. just empathy. i got tired of jimmy-ing their dressers open
after 2 years of being knobless, so a couple months ago i put the
knobs back on. it took them a while to notice but when they did, they
started dressing themselves first thing in the morning. which was
nice. THEN every time their clothes got wet, or a bit of food on them,
they went straight to their bedroom to change. =/ i used to get
bogged down in laundry and it was the one chore that taunted me and
filled me with dread. now i find if i tackle it first and make it my
#1 priority, it doesn't bother me so much 'cos it's outta the way
first thing.

pam
sahm to alix and callie 3/24/00

Kender
July 10th 03, 09:06 PM
Smile. : ) I will try this if it gets too bad, but they will have help since
there are two of them. Maybe I will give them different days to do the
laundry. That's two days for me, laundry free!
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

.. .