PDA

View Full Version : 35 Week Ultrasound Update

Ben and Sarah Katon
July 17th 03, 04:33 AM
Hi everyone. I haven't formally introduced myself, but I have asked a few
questions as I've progressed through the pregnancy. My name is Sarah. I
have a 3 year old boy named Will and am expecting twin boys (Drew and Noah)
in a few weeks.

My ultrasound today was quite enlightening. The babies weights were
estimated at 6 lbs 11 ounces and 6 lbs 13 ounces. I don't know how accurate
those might be, but we were very excited. The perinatal doctor wants my
csection scheduled for around 39 weeks. That seemed a little late, as we
were hoping for 37 or 38 weeks. Oh well.

Sarah

Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)
July 17th 03, 01:25 PM
Congratulations on keeping the babies so healthy and sounds like good
weights. Our estimate at 39 weeks was both were way over 6 pounds and it
was pretty accurate. Chris came in at a whopping 8.6 and Kathleen was 6.11.
I did a natural but with induction at 39w4d. I was so uncomfortable by that
time I really wished we had gone earlier. Good luck

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

"Ben and Sarah Katon" > wrote in message
> Hi everyone. I haven't formally introduced myself, but I have asked a few
> questions as I've progressed through the pregnancy. My name is Sarah. I
> have a 3 year old boy named Will and am expecting twin boys (Drew and
Noah)
> in a few weeks.
>
> My ultrasound today was quite enlightening. The babies weights were
> estimated at 6 lbs 11 ounces and 6 lbs 13 ounces. I don't know how
accurate
> those might be, but we were very excited. The perinatal doctor wants my
> csection scheduled for around 39 weeks. That seemed a little late, as we
> were hoping for 37 or 38 weeks. Oh well.
>
> Sarah

H Schinske
July 17th 03, 04:43 PM
wrote:

>My ultrasound today was quite enlightening. The babies weights were
>estimated at 6 lbs 11 ounces and 6 lbs 13 ounces. I don't know how accurate
>those might be, but we were very excited. The perinatal doctor wants my
>csection scheduled for around 39 weeks. That seemed a little late, as we
>were hoping for 37 or 38 weeks. Oh well.
>
>Sarah

Sounds awesome, Sarah! Well done. It looks as though your experience will be
similar to mine. I had an uncomplicated section at 39 weeks, 5 days (they were
going to schedule it a little earlier, but my doctor was on vacation), and
lovely healthy girls, 7 lbs. 15.5 oz. and 8 lbs. 11 oz. (Their estimated
weights by ultrasound were a lot higher than that -- late ultrasounds can be
quite a bit off, what they're mainly checking for is the difference from one to
the next so they can be sure the babies are growing.)

I think the doctor is right that it is a good idea to go later if you can stand
it. I didn't really find the last weeks any worse, just more of the same. I
told myself over and over, "I did it yesterday, I can do it today."

Best of luck!

--Helen

Ben and Sarah Katon
July 17th 03, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I know I can make it a few more weeks, but it
seems like such a long time!

Sarah

Ellen Kmetz
July 24th 03, 05:35 PM
Good luck with everything, Sarah. It sounds like the babies are doing great.
I remember begging my Dr. do induce at 36w and she wouldn't...made me wait
until 37w, which is what she considered full-term for twins. I love Helen's
saying of "I did yesterday and I can do it today". It's so true! Hang in
there, I think we all know how uncomfortable you are right now :)

Take care,

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95