PDA

View Full Version : Re: Staying dry at night.......when?

Julie Seely
July 18th 03, 11:06 PM
Andrea --

Be patient. 3y4m is early. One of mine was at that time, and one of
mine wasn't. The only thing that we found with the one who wasn't was
that he/she would wake up and wet their otherwise dry diaper while still
hanging out in bed, so it was a while before we figured out that they
were able to wear underpants at night. If I had it to do over again, I
would have started checking that child's diaper a bit before he/she woke
up, instead of assuming that he/she would emerge from the bedroom w/a
dry diaper if he/she made it through the night. And even today, if this
child is woken up in the middle of the night, (e.g. sick sibling), we
have to make sure that they go use the bathroom.

Julie
Mom to Erica & Chris, 07/97

Andrea wrote:

> Hey Everyone-
>
> I'm wondering if those of you with PTed children can tell me when your children
> started staying dry at night every night?
>
> Jordan & Madison usually wake up from naps (app. 2 hours long) dry. Madison
> wakes up in the morning dry about 1/2 to 3/4 of the time. Jordan usually wakes
> up in the mornings wet. How should I know when they are ready to wear
> underpants to bed ? Should I wait until they stay dry every night for a couple
> weeks straight? They are 3 yrs. and almost 4 months old. I thought they'd be
> staying dry at night by now.
>
> TIA,
> Andrea
> twin girls-Jordan & Madison
> 3/22/00

Kender
July 20th 03, 04:17 AM
Evan is about 85% dry at night. We've been doing underwear at night for
about 6 weeks. I usually get about one wet bed a week. When my in-laws were
visiting I got a wet bed about 5 night in a row. Curious, humm. Anyway, I
put one of those crib/lap waterproof pads under his sheet so if he wets I
don't have to worry about washing the large waterproof mattress pad.

Morgan trained at night when she trained during the day which was at 2.5
years old. Megan took another 6 months, so she was 3 years old.

I would maybe try underwear on Madison and wait on Jordan. Maybe if Madison
can do it, it will encourage Jordan.

The problem Evan has is he doesn't like to get out of bed to use the
bathroom during the night, so holding it is his only option. Do your girls
use the bathroom during the night with pull-ups?
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97