PDA

View Full Version : Re: when did your twins start talking?

Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)
July 19th 03, 01:52 AM
Chris was a VERY late talker and did end up having to have speech therapy.
But Kathleen was speaking in full sentences by 2 and of course talking for
her brother which was one of the issues of late speech.

Shirley

"Anita" > wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
> My twins and their singleton siblings all started talking around 9 or 10
> months and were speaking in full sentences before their second birthdays.
> Unfortunately they all talk A LOT and often all at once. It's a madhouse
> over here.
>
> Anita
>
> "The Fackrell's" > wrote in message
> > So when did everyone's twins+ start talking?? I know that by *standards*
> > they should know about 15-20 words by 18mos and my first born fell short
> of
> > this and eventually had speech therapy (he'll continue it in
kindergarten,
> > his enunciation is horrid).....my twins are almost 15mos and still just
> say
> > "ma" "da-da"....now, being that they have the older brother....I'm NOT
> > rushing the talking issue!!! one that talks nonstop is enough for me
right
> > now! lol but I was curious as to everyone else's timeframe. (ok, I just
> like
> > to read email and all my lists are really slow lately!) lol
> > oh, and has anyone had their twins+ develop their own language??
> >
> > --
> > Gwen, Designer Wraps
> > SAHM to James (9-98) Austin and Amber (5-02)
> >

> > tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
> > www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but
> singletons
> > can use it too!)
> > www.familyauction.com
> > www.wahmall.com
> > www.wahmauctions.com
> >

> ---

middletree
July 23rd 03, 03:18 AM
When I found out we were having twins, I was really looking forward to the
idea of them making up their own language. Didn't happen though.

To answer your question, our girl had her first legible two-word sentence at
11 months and was a chatterbox soon after. Our boy, now 22 months, still
only has a few words that we can tell, and they aren't very clear. However,
I should caution you to not equate talking with learning. If one of your
kids is learning well, he may not choose to verbalize it.

"The Fackrell's" > wrote in message
> So when did everyone's twins+ start talking?? I know that by *standards*
> they should know about 15-20 words by 18mos and my first born fell short
of
> this and eventually had speech therapy (he'll continue it in kindergarten,
> his enunciation is horrid).....my twins are almost 15mos and still just
say
> "ma" "da-da"....now, being that they have the older brother....I'm NOT
> rushing the talking issue!!! one that talks nonstop is enough for me right
> now! lol but I was curious as to everyone else's timeframe. (ok, I just
like
> to read email and all my lists are really slow lately!) lol
> oh, and has anyone had their twins+ develop their own language??
>
> --
> Gwen, Designer Wraps
> SAHM to James (9-98) Austin and Amber (5-02)
>

> tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
> www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but
singletons
> can use it too!)
> www.familyauction.com
> www.wahmall.com
> www.wahmauctions.com

Tanya Makins
July 23rd 03, 08:57 AM
Hi,
My twins are 18 months now and babble like mad to each other, we don't have
a clue what they're talking about!!!
I would say in a fashion, they say half a dozen words that we actually
understand. My healthvisitor warned me about this so I'm not concerned.
Also, she said that when they do start to talk, one will probably do all the
talking, the weaker (or probably more sensible) twin not saying much.
I guess we'll find out soon enough, its all very entertaining!!
We also have a 6 year old boy who talks way too much so I know how you
feel!!!
Tanya (Notts....England)
The Fackrell's > wrote in message
> So when did everyone's twins+ start talking?? I know that by *standards*
> they should know about 15-20 words by 18mos and my first born fell short
of
> this and eventually had speech therapy (he'll continue it in kindergarten,
> his enunciation is horrid).....my twins are almost 15mos and still just
say
> "ma" "da-da"....now, being that they have the older brother....I'm NOT
> rushing the talking issue!!! one that talks nonstop is enough for me right
> now! lol but I was curious as to everyone else's timeframe. (ok, I just
like
> to read email and all my lists are really slow lately!) lol
> oh, and has anyone had their twins+ develop their own language??
>
> --
> Gwen, Designer Wraps
> SAHM to James (9-98) Austin and Amber (5-02)
>

> tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
> www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but
singletons
> can use it too!)
> www.familyauction.com
> www.wahmall.com
> www.wahmauctions.com

Andrea
July 24th 03, 03:35 AM
>So when did everyone's twins+ start talking??

My girls started talking at 7 1/2 months. They are BIG talkers. They ask me
about 10,000 questions per day! I'm so afraid they're going to get into
trouble when they start 5-K because they both talk non-stop. When they're
quiet I know trouble's brewing. :)

>oh, and has anyone had their twins+ develop their own language??

Not really, but once in a while I'll hear them using a word I don't understand
when they talk to each other, but they will never use these words when they
talk to me. If I ask them what the "nonsense" word means they just look at
each other, say the word, and laugh. So I guess the joke's on me. I've never
been able to tell if these words are mispronunciations or if they are truly
made up words.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Ellen Kmetz
July 24th 03, 05:32 PM
My twins are almost 3 and just in the past 6 mos. have started talking in
sentences. Before that, it was rare that they'd put more than 3 words
together. Alex did have speech therapy, but as long as the hearing is fine the
rest will probably come.

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95