PDA

View Full Version : Feeling movement

Robert Huwe
July 18th 03, 12:53 PM
I am new to this news group. I am pregnant with triplets (2 boys & a girl)
24 wks 3 days along. My due date is Nov 11 with expected delivery around
Sept 20.

I have not felt the babies move yet. I go in for ultrasounds all of the
time and see the babies move like mad, but so far I've been disappointed in
the lack of feeling. My question is, is this normal?? I had one friend
tell me that by the time the babies get big enough to feel the kick, they
are too constrained, and a nurse told me that a lot of times there is so
much happening, that I just won't feel them until really late. I would have
thought that if they are strong enough for me to feel them, then I should
feel them in the midst of my stretching pains.

Your thoughts please.

--
Thanks,
Rob & Gayle Huwe

KimandJuan
July 19th 03, 12:54 PM
Gayle,

I didn't feel a whole lot of movement during my entire pregnancy. They were
too little early on and then all of a sudden there just wasn't much room for
movement. I mostly had a lot of back pain which my DR attributed to movement
inward toward my back.

BTW, I love your website. Those are terrific ultrasound shots.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

H Schinske
July 19th 03, 09:33 PM
wrote:

>I have not felt the babies move yet. I go in for ultrasounds all of the
>time and see the babies move like mad, but so far I've been disappointed in
>the lack of feeling. My question is, is this normal??

It is unusual, but clearly they are just fine if they are moving lots on the
ultrasound. From hazy memory, while some women feel movement remarkably early,
quite a few don't until they are well past mid-pregnancy. Think of those women
in the news now and then, who don't know they're pregnant until they suddenly
deliver a full-term baby! They must not feel all the kicks that most people do.

--Helen

Ellie
July 20th 03, 03:51 PM
I have only just started feeling my twins move (24 weeks) but within the
space of two days it seemed like I was feeling just the odd kick and now its
pretty much all the time, even though we could see them moving so much on
ultrasound.

Ellie

"Robert Huwe" > wrote in message
.com...
> I am new to this news group. I am pregnant with triplets (2 boys & a
girl)
> 24 wks 3 days along. My due date is Nov 11 with expected delivery around
> Sept 20.
>
> I have not felt the babies move yet. I go in for ultrasounds all of the
> time and see the babies move like mad, but so far I've been disappointed
in
> the lack of feeling. My question is, is this normal?? I had one friend
> tell me that by the time the babies get big enough to feel the kick, they
> are too constrained, and a nurse told me that a lot of times there is so
> much happening, that I just won't feel them until really late. I would
have
> thought that if they are strong enough for me to feel them, then I should
> feel them in the midst of my stretching pains.
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Rob & Gayle Huwe
> /

Leslie
July 20th 03, 07:54 PM
Gayle- I don't have any advice regarding your question. I just wanted to say
your website is great. I thought the picture of the woman with two boys and
a girl (and a dog) on the "Story" page was *so* appropriate for you. That's
really cool!

Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 3 year old ID boys

"Robert Huwe" > wrote in message
.com...
> I am new to this news group. I am pregnant with triplets (2 boys & a
girl)
> 24 wks 3 days along. My due date is Nov 11 with expected delivery around
> Sept 20.
>
> I have not felt the babies move yet. I go in for ultrasounds all of the
> time and see the babies move like mad, but so far I've been disappointed
in
> the lack of feeling. My question is, is this normal?? I had one friend
> tell me that by the time the babies get big enough to feel the kick, they
> are too constrained, and a nurse told me that a lot of times there is so
> much happening, that I just won't feel them until really late. I would
have
> thought that if they are strong enough for me to feel them, then I should
> feel them in the midst of my stretching pains.
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Rob & Gayle Huwe
> /

Robert Huwe
July 22nd 03, 03:27 PM
Hey! I felt my girl kick last night! What an experience. Everyone kept
telling me about little flutters, well honey, this was no flutter. I told
my husband that either my muscles were spasming or EG was kicking. I placed
my hand over the area and could not believe that my hand kept jumping. My
hand bounced about 4 times, then it stopped. It started up again and he
rushed over and put his hand over the spot. If this is the beginning, I am
happy . . . and worried. Happy because I have been disappointed that I
haven't felt them move, and worried, because if it is that strong now, I
have 9 weeks left to go and 2 other babies to join in. I think I'll be
black and blue by the time Sept rolls around. :-)

Gayle

"Robert Huwe" > wrote in message
.com...
> I am new to this news group. I am pregnant with triplets (2 boys & a
girl)
> 24 wks 3 days along. My due date is Nov 11 with expected delivery around
> Sept 20.
>
> I have not felt the babies move yet. I go in for ultrasounds all of the
> time and see the babies move like mad, but so far I've been disappointed
in
> the lack of feeling. My question is, is this normal?? I had one friend
> tell me that by the time the babies get big enough to feel the kick, they
> are too constrained, and a nurse told me that a lot of times there is so
> much happening, that I just won't feel them until really late. I would
have
> thought that if they are strong enough for me to feel them, then I should
> feel them in the midst of my stretching pains.
>
> Your thoughts please.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Rob & Gayle Huwe
> /

The Fackrell's
July 22nd 03, 04:02 PM
don't worry it'll subside cuz eventually they wont have room to kick! :)
ENJOY these feelings!! It is truely, IMO, one of the best parts about being
pregnant!!!!

--
Gwen, Designer Wraps
SAHM to James (9-98) Austin and Amber (5-02)

tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but singletons
can use it too!)
www.familyauction.com
www.wahmall.com