PDA

View Full Version : ideas for presents for 4 yr. olds??

Andrea
July 24th 03, 03:43 AM
Some of you may groan, but I'm starting to think about Christmas presents
already. :) I'd love to hear about any toys that 4 year-olds would enjoy.
My girls will be 3 years and 9 months at Christmas.

I like to spread my Christmas shopping out so that we don't have to spend all
the money in one chunk. That's why I'm trying to think ahead.

Thanks,
Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Anita
July 24th 03, 04:50 AM
Best money I ever spent for kids' play was spent buying remnants of all
kinds of glitzy "glamour" fabrics in a sewing store. All three of my girls
(now 6, 6 and 4) still play with them all the time. They use them as
turbans, saris, sarongs, bras, robes, dresses, capes, veils, scarves,
slings, bags, blankets, etc. The fun never ends! The more sheer, shimmery,
lacy, or flowery the fabric, the more they like them!

Anita

"Andrea" > wrote in message
> Some of you may groan, but I'm starting to think about Christmas presents
> already. :) I'd love to hear about any toys that 4 year-olds would
enjoy.
> My girls will be 3 years and 9 months at Christmas.
>
> I like to spread my Christmas shopping out so that we don't have to spend
all
> the money in one chunk. That's why I'm trying to think ahead.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrea
> twin girls-Jordan & Madison
> 3 yrs. old

---

Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)
July 24th 03, 01:14 PM
If you sew, I made Kathleen a wonderful faux fur cape and purse to match.
The fur was a leopard print and I lined it with purple satin. It cost maybe
$10.00 total. She loves it even now at 8.

Shirley

"Anita" > wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
> Best money I ever spent for kids' play was spent buying remnants of all
> kinds of glitzy "glamour" fabrics in a sewing store. All three of my
girls
> (now 6, 6 and 4) still play with them all the time. They use them as
> turbans, saris, sarongs, bras, robes, dresses, capes, veils, scarves,
> slings, bags, blankets, etc. The fun never ends! The more sheer,
shimmery,
> lacy, or flowery the fabric, the more they like them!
>
> Anita
>
> "Andrea" > wrote in message
> > Some of you may groan, but I'm starting to think about Christmas
presents
> > already. :) I'd love to hear about any toys that 4 year-olds would
> enjoy.
> > My girls will be 3 years and 9 months at Christmas.
> >
> > I like to spread my Christmas shopping out so that we don't have to
spend
> all
> > the money in one chunk. That's why I'm trying to think ahead.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Andrea
> > twin girls-Jordan & Madison
> > 3 yrs. old
>

> ---

KimandJuan
July 24th 03, 03:04 PM
Andrea,

A couple of things that Alexis really seems to enjoy...

~A huge dry erase board we nailed to the wall and she LOVES it. she will play
with it for an hour. She sits her dolls and plays school time.
~ we got one of those small pieces of luggage that rolls along and she keeps
all her Barbies stuff in it.
~She loves dress up and her favorite is the Rapunzel Barbie dress up outfit..
also the Rapunzel DVD is a big hit around here
~She has a kitchen and we got her a fisher price tea set to go along with it
that she just loves.

If I think of anything else I will let you know.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Cindy Senger
July 24th 03, 07:46 PM
I got my girls the Lite Brite cube for their fourth birthday and it was a huge
hit. (Just be sure to emphasize that only mommy or daddy should plug it in or
unplug it.) They can both use it at the same time and they will both spend
over an hour on their creations.

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article >,
says...

>Some of you may groan, but I'm starting to think about Christmas presents
>already. :) I'd love to hear about any toys that 4 year-olds would enjoy.
>My girls will be 3 years and 9 months at Christmas.
>
> I like to spread my Christmas shopping out so that we don't have to spend all
>the money in one chunk. That's why I'm trying to think ahead.
>
>Thanks,
>Andrea
>twin girls-Jordan & Madison
>3 yrs. old

multimom4
August 3rd 03, 06:08 AM
Didn't we just do the Leap Pad discussion? If you don't have one yet
they're utterly awesome.

The other *big* hit I had was the FP Townhouse -- it's expensive ($100+) but
Hanna has played with it just about every day since Christmas 2001. I had
family members buy the people and some extra furniture but really most or
all of the furniture was probably excessive at least for starters.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

"KimandJuan" > wrote in message
> Andrea,
>
> A couple of things that Alexis really seems to enjoy...
>
> ~A huge dry erase board we nailed to the wall and she LOVES it. she will
play
> with it for an hour. She sits her dolls and plays school time.
> ~ we got one of those small pieces of luggage that rolls along and she
keeps
> all her Barbies stuff in it.
> ~She loves dress up and her favorite is the Rapunzel Barbie dress up
outfit..
> also the Rapunzel DVD is a big hit around here
> ~She has a kitchen and we got her a fisher price tea set to go along with
it
> that she just loves.
>
> If I think of anything else I will let you know.
>

> ~Kimberly
> Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
> Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
> come see us...
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Andrea
August 7th 03, 02:56 AM
>Didn't we just do the Leap Pad discussion? If you don't have one yet
>they're utterly awesome.
>
>The other *big* hit I had was the FP Townhouse -- it's expensive ($100+) but
>Hanna has played with it just about every day since Christmas 2001.

LOL! Actually we had both of these discussions. :) My parents gave them the
Leap Pads last Christmas and Santa gave them the doll house. They've received
quite a few of the doll house accessories from relatives (Let's just say that
the FP family has a nicer minivan then we do). :)

I think the ideas about the dress-up stuff will really be on target for Jordan
& Madison because they love to pretend. I can't sew to save my life, but have
started looking for some dress-up outfits for them. I'm still open to more
ideas though if anyone else thinks of anything.

P.S.- I'm glad you all made it back from your trip safely Janet. I can't wait
to hear about your vacation.

Thanks,
Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Andrea
August 8th 03, 04:42 AM
>I used to stuff a receiving blanket down the front to make one big boob to
>fill the top :-)

LOL! Too funny!

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan