PDA

View Full Version : Speech and Hearing problems

Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)
July 24th 03, 07:07 PM
Just because a child doesn't have hearing problems doesn't mean that their
speech will be ok. Chris never, ever had an ear infection until 4 and has
very high sensitive ears, but his speech was more of an issue of
development. When he did start to speak at 3, then we had an articulation
problem. At 8 we are still struggling with certain sounds. He was in
speech all the way through second grade starting in kindergarten. Our
speech path (3 different one's including our speech therapist at my school)
said hearing isn't the reason children don't talk clearly or well or at all
until late. If there is a concern ask someone that knows.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95