PDA

View Full Version : Hello, introduction

Erica Carwile
July 27th 03, 09:20 PM
Hello all,

I have been meaning to look to see if there are any message boards for twins
and kept forgetting till yesterday. I have enjoyed reading the postings and
catching up on things. When I get a chance I will look at your pictures to.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Erica and I am a first time mom
of twin boys. They are now just over 21 months old. They were born at 33
weeks and 3 days and spent 30 days in the NICU. They came home the day
before Thanksgiving. They were 4.1lb and 4.6 lbs. The doc said they were
the size they were supposed to be for a singleton at that stage - kind of
glad I did not go full term - just woke up one morning and I was in labor.
They tried to stop the labor but Rick said no way and I ended up having them
by cesarian 6 hours after I went into labor.

Luckily we seemed to miss all the major health problems. They just needed
to grow and finish developing. Rick is perfectly fine and Wes has a
profound hearing loss in one ear, we have no idea why. They are walking
(about 2 months ago) and talking some, although I have no idea what they are
saying. They often seem to have their own language where they stop what
they are doing, jabber to each other, and then continue on just like you and
I would in a conversation.

Here is their web page if you are interested:
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/rickandwes/

Erica Carwile

Megan Byrne
July 27th 03, 10:43 PM
Hi and welcome! My b/g twins were also born at 33 weeks 3 days. They
were 5 lbs. 6 oz. and 4 lbs. 9 oz. They spent 10 days in the NICU to
grow and learn to suck.

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis