PDA

View Full Version : Re: teaching good sleep habits (xpost)

P. Tierney
August 4th 03, 10:57 PM
"Marie" > wrote:

> I know they are too young for Ferber, but I would *really* like to teach
> them how to fall asleep in their cribs--it seems like an important
> lifeskill.

So is Algebra. And knowing how to change a tire. And being able
to pick a good restaurant.But you aren't insisting that they learn those
skills at this time, and there similarly isn't any reason for them to do
the above at this time either. I'd read something like The No-Cry Sleep
Solution, get ideas from that, and take your time.

You can start routines now, with the expectation that they will
change and be interrupted, but it's too early to stick them in a crib
and make them fend for themselves. Babies need their parents.

P. Tierney