PDA

View Full Version : Re: Clarification Re: teaching good sleep habits (xpost)

H Schinske
August 5th 03, 10:24 PM
>Marie wrote:
>
>> Days like today (as hubby and I stumble around bleary eyed) I feel like we
>> *need* to teach the boys to go to sleep on their own. But I understand
>from
>> a lot of your posts that they are still simply too young. <SIGH>

Well, what you need is SOME way to put them to sleep that actually works. It
doesn't really matter if they're "going to sleep on their own" or not. Just as
the first rule is "Feed the babies," the other first rule is "Sleep the
babies." (Terrible grammar, but you know what I mean.) So to my mind what you
do for right *now* is whatever works, if you can find anything that works. You
could try having you and your husband each take a baby to bed, for instance.

Basically you have nothing to lose at this point. Getting a few good nights'
sleep for you all any way you can is where it's at. To heck with good habits
:-) They're so young their habits will be changing constantly anyway.

--Helen