PDA

View Full Version : Drooling

The Huwe Family
August 17th 03, 09:51 PM
I know this is a weird question:

Since I have become pregnant, I have found myself drooling often. I NEVER
drooled before. I wake up and my pillow is wet, or I can even be sitting in
a chair reading a book or watching TV and barely catch it before it falls
onto my shirt. It doesn't make any difference if my mouth is closed or not.

My doc says I have developed carpel tunnel syndrome (because of being
pregnant) and it has progressed from very sore wrists to my finger tips
being constantly numb. I wonder if maybe this has deadened other nerve
endings in my body, therefore making me drool without noticing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I just weird.

--
Thanks,
Gayle Huwe

GandSBrock
August 18th 03, 10:21 PM
I hate to admit it, but I did too. In fact, I snored an awful lot when I was
pg. But don't they say your sinuses get more stuffy while pg? And I guess
that would lead to the snoring and mouth breathing when sleeping. I don't know
about drooling when awake though...

You're not too weird. It's just a mystery. You're mysterious. Ahhhh, I like
that. It's sounds much better that way. :-) Now go get a klenex and wipe
your chin. LOL!

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

The Huwe Family
August 19th 03, 08:32 PM
ha ha.

Thank you for your response. I've had a couple of other people write me and
tell me they experienced it too, although no one has come out and said they
do it while they are awake too. But I don't feel too weird anymore. At
least, not about that :-).

As for the snoring, I read in some medical journal (or parenting magazine
etc) that we DO snore more when we are pregnant. Something about the extra
hormones causing our sinus passages to swell. I had chalked it up to just
being extremely tired all the time. But friends have been remarking this
entire time, that I sounded really congested. I now can say "Just another
side effect of being pregnant." Like I am some kind of expert or something
lol.

Gayle
"GandSBrock" > wrote in message
> I hate to admit it, but I did too. In fact, I snored an awful lot when I
was
> pg. But don't they say your sinuses get more stuffy while pg? And I
guess
> that would lead to the snoring and mouth breathing when sleeping. I don't
know
> about drooling when awake though...
>
> You're not too weird. It's just a mystery. You're mysterious. Ahhhh, I
like
> that. It's sounds much better that way. :-) Now go get a klenex and
wipe
> your chin. LOL!
>
> Stephanie
> Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

The Huwe Family
August 20th 03, 02:04 AM
LOL and what did you receive for your surgery? A boy or a girl.

"H Schinske" > wrote in message
> wrote:
>
> >I am so glad you mentioned snoring! I'm 29 weeks pg with twins at the
> >moment and the snoring is (apparently) terrible! I didn't snore before
but
> >now my poor DH doesn't have a peaceful night! Did anybody find a way to
> >stop it???
>
> Stopped overnight at 39 weeks, 5 days. Mind you, it required major surgery
in
> my case, though some folks get by without even stitches. ;-)
>
> --Helen

The Huwe Family
August 20th 03, 02:06 AM
Ellie,

Since my husband is suffering from Sleep Apnea and has been snoring quite
horrendously (sp?) himself, I ended up moving into the baby's room a while
ago. Also because with how big my tummy was, there wasn't room for all (5)
of us. So my husband doesn't complain about that, except for when I fall
asleep in the car, or on the couch, or at the movies, or in church, or at a
friends, or at dinner . . . . . then he laughs at my snoring.

Gayle
"Ellie" > wrote in message
> I am so glad you mentioned snoring! I'm 29 weeks pg with twins at the
> moment and the snoring is (apparently) terrible! I didn't snore before
but
> now my poor DH doesn't have a peaceful night! Did anybody find a way to
> stop it???
>
> I tell him he's just getting in practice for the sleepless nights when the
> twins are born!
>
> Ellie
>

> "GandSBrock" > wrote in message
> > I hate to admit it, but I did too. In fact, I snored an awful lot when
> was
> > pg. But don't they say your sinuses get more stuffy while pg? And I
> guess
> > that would lead to the snoring and mouth breathing when sleeping. I
don't
> know
> > about drooling when awake though...
> >
> > You're not too weird. It's just a mystery. You're mysterious. Ahhhh,
> like
> > that. It's sounds much better that way. :-) Now go get a klenex and
> wipe
> > your chin. LOL!
> >
> > Stephanie
> > Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

Leslie
August 20th 03, 04:18 AM
"Ellie" > wrote in message
> I am so glad you mentioned snoring! I'm 29 weeks pg with twins at the
> moment and the snoring is (apparently) terrible! I didn't snore before
but
> now my poor DH doesn't have a peaceful night! Did anybody find a way to
> stop it???
>
> I tell him he's just getting in practice for the sleepless nights when the
> twins are born!
>
> Ellie

You could try those Breathe Right strips that you put on your nose. I know
they help some people to not snore so much.

--
Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 06 May 2000